It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Koch Breaks From GOP – Endorses Tax Increases, Military Cuts and Marriage Equality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Based on an interview between David Koch and Politico:
David Koch breaks from GOP on gay marriage, taxes, defense cuts
(politico.com)

Also:
Koch Brother Breaks From Republican Platform – Endorses Tax Increases, Military Cuts and Marriage Equality
(addictinginfo.org)

Dissent in the ranks of the TP founders? Is the son of the John Birch Society regretting some of his extreme positions?

In a surprise revelation today on Politico, one half of the right-wing finance machine known as the Koch brothers, broke ranks with the GOP’s new platform, as well as the various pledges the party has signed. David Koch, the second son of John Birch Society founder Fred Koch, revealed a division with the right-wing movement he has bankrolled for decades.

As reported in Politico;

Koch said he thinks the U.S. military should withdraw from the Middle East and said the government should consider defense spending cuts, as well as possible tax increases to get its fiscal house in order — a stance anathema to many in the Republican Party.

“I think it’s essential to be able to achieve spending reductions and maybe it’s going to require some tax increases,” he said. “We got to come close to balancing the budget; otherwise, we’re in a terrible deep problem.”

“The Libertarian Party is a great concept. I love the ideals, but it got too far off the deep end, and so I dropped out."
-- David Koch

David Koch's money is not where his mouth is - he is still backing extreme views, now having dedicated $400 million into putting Romney into the WH - and Romney, pandering to the TP base Koch has helped fuel, is against Marriage Equality, Military Cuts, or Tax Increases (except those on the middle class, to pay for those cuts to the wealthiest).

Koch's admission is strange, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. One wonders if he isn't softening his stance to make it more palatable for the masses.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Soon enough he will be lining up with Soros.... Oooof!!

Soros has been acting quite strange with his investments lately.....

Odd Moves...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Say what you think opponents want to hear and go on with your agenda. Nothing new in the game. Time will tell if he really has changed his stance.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It'd take a lot more to change my opinion.

I still think the Koch brothers are enemies to all of humanity.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Just like Paul Ryan, lying your ass off is the new norm for the GOP. I don't believe a word of it and I think it's nothing more than a smoke screen intended to keep moderate republicans from abandoning their party altogether.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I am at a temporary loss for words...and that's an uncommon thing. Then why the hell is he bankrolling the extremists and forcing out the sensible, thoughtful, country-first center right statesmen who once characterized the Republican Party?

I mean, if he really thinks that, why target Dick Lugar, why chase out Gregg or even Bennett in the Senate in favor of the crazies?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Koch's admission is strange, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. One wonders if he isn't softening his stance to make it more palatable for the masses.

Maybe someone finally was able to shove the data in front of him that shows if Romney gets in there will be no consumers left to buy any of the thousands of good his companies make.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

That's what I believe - he was just saying that because he was speaking to Politico. Where he puts his money shows he is still pushing the extremist views of the far right.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I can say two things with almost 100% certainty.

1. No matter who wins, it will be good for Koch industries.

2. The koch's have probably already moved their money around enough to ensure growth over the next 4 years, regardless of who wins.

DO NOT BE CONFUSED. The rich elite have no allegiance to any "platforms" or "beliefs". They simply promote the ideas and policies that support whatever industries they have their money parked in.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
If you donate that much money to the causes, it doesn't matter what you say.

a Roger Stone report that David Koch may have lobbied heavily for Paul Ryan’s selection as VP — in exchange for an additional $100 million to Romney-friendly super PACs. Ryan’s support for zero capital gains tax could save Koch well over that in a single year,

current.com...

David got what he wanted. HIS taxes won't get raised. Afterall, he never said WHAT TAXES should be raised.

And he didn't specify WHAT the military should cut. War? Sure. They'll still need his products w/o war.

Anti-war Libertarians Charles and David Koch Love Profiteering Off America’s War Machine

As for marriage equality. Even former VP Cheney's lesbian daughter got married.

David is safe to say what he wants to say. The party he helps bankroll is still the party of quiet rooms, closets, and churches.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I found this quote from David rather disturbingly interesting

He also brushed off a question about whether there’s too much money in American politics, saying, “Well, it’s a free society. And people can invest what they want.”

My parents invested in America. They bought war bonds in WW2 and treasury bonds with their savings from post WW2 employment. But I've never before heard to invest in a politician or party. What is the RETURN on investment David Koch wants?

Oh, ok, it's clear now.

"Paul Ryan and I understand how the economy works, we understand how Washington works, we will reach across the aisle and find good people who, like us, want to make sure this company deals with its challenges,"

Romney said during a Republican National Convention send-off rally in Lakeland, Fla.

Referring to the United States as a "company"...a very telling Freudian slip, Mr. Romney. And if you do find someone "across the aisle" who wants to work with you, then let us know, so we can vote them out. We the people don't want your Corporatism in our country.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."
Benito Mussolini, Fascist dictator of Italy

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

David Koch's money is not where his mouth is - he is still backing extreme views, now having dedicated $400 million into putting Romney into the WH - and Romney, pandering to the TP base Koch has helped fuel, is against Marriage Equality, Military Cuts, or Tax Increases (except those on the middle class, to pay for those cuts to the wealthiest).

edit on 31-8-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

Wow, thats lots of dirty money...

The Kock brothers have been working in the background funding a very dirty political game and looks like their think-tanks are the ones that has Romney flip-flopping every week. Does anyone KNOW where Romney stands on ANY issue? Or should we just ask the Koch brothers where THEY stand to get our answer??

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
What's the big surprise here? They claimed koch was libertarian yet did not give one cent to the libertarian candidate ron paul. The left claimed Koch had a Konspiracy behind everything, but this was really to just distract from actual criminal conspiracies like soros. So Koch was always a scapegoat fall guy, it makes sense that he was always working with those who pretended to hate him. Just like how the left pretends to hate trump or christie, all rinos.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Sad even the nwo alumni Koch brothers are libertarians.

Even the elite don't even believe in this BS.

new topics

top topics

join