It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clint Eastwood Speech Crazy or Fantastic ?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by sonnny1

Sonny! What's up? Hope all is well. Yes, the metaphore is not lost on anyone. Too bad Clint was pawned off to do the bit. The entire convention, like the dem one will be, is a sad spectacle of churlish and borish attempts to show what the other has not done. How much does all of this cost? Would be nice if the tens of millions were actually spent on something that mattered. And no matter how anyone spins it, Clint looked like he was struggling. It was sad on many levels, imo. That said, sweet avatar!

CJ
edit on 1-9-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

All is fine..... Hope all is well with you.

I agree, about both Parties failing America, (See congresses approval rating). Clint is old. That is for sure. He spoke from the Heart, and that's fine with me. I will always remember Clint Eastwood, as the maverick Kelly, from Kelly's Heroes. Hence my Avatar........

BTW, It would have been awesome, if he was allowed to be at both Parties, talking to the Empty chair we have, and the Empty chair, that will take its place...........
We have to take this Country back, from the usurpers, who have it at the Brink. MHO

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

True words and well said. I was amazed by the red background that made every speaker look superimposed. Why is this such a show? Why does it have to be this way? It doesn't. Hopefully some of us will realize most of the dem/rep divide is bs and most americans are centrist and want to do away with this dog and pony show.

CJ

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by IAmD1

I didn't take him as stupid. That's one thing Clint is NOT. Hell, he probably came up with the chair idea. Pretty good one too imo. He should have had something prepared though.... or used a teleprompter.

I really think the only thing that might have made the speech seem less like him fumbling in the dark and given it better timing would have been a pre-recorded sketch. But then the point I think would have been lost. Because sounding like an 'old fool' in between making valid and very real points about politics is a way to say read the message not the messenger. (which was very relevant to his speech especially in relation to the comment about how everyone , Oprah as well as himself cried etc... ). Had this speech seemed scripted and perfect that point would have been very much lost. I actually think he called for some critical thinking as supposed to being enchanted by the world of picture perfect. But I won't know for certain until I ask Clint what he ment he might have just been losing it live on stage

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

It was the most awkward speech I have ever seen in my life, the guy was talking to a CHAIR.

Dude? It makes more sense to me that any guy who sits and talks to a TV screen and then refuses to answer any questions about what he just said to any respectable journalist.

As far as awkward>? How about Biden telling the individual to stand up while everbody was clapping only to realize to everyone else he was saying that to someone in a wheel chair.

The difference is Clint Eastwood is an actor. Biden is next in line!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I absolutely love this picture from the moment I first laid eyes on it.....it really does say a thousand words

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

I think comparing that "speach" to anything Biden has said is fair game. Is anyone else in the camp that ALL politicians are actors? The main difference is most dont have the game Clint USED to.

CJ

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Since when do the views of a senile, 82 year old actor reflect the views of the people that the Republican Party NEEDS to attract?

They can keep pandering to the geezers but what happens when those geezers die? Will there be another set of geezers waiting to endorse these politicians?

3 Questions:

Is he an American?

Is he a Republican?

Why shouldn't he speak?

How is it not obvious why he should not speak?
Their goal at the RNC is to get their nominee elected.
This will not help reach that goal.

I see no one saying he should not be allowed to speak. I only see people saying it was probably a bad idea since it probably turned off more people than it turned on.

You know what I mean, right?

"I tried, [to watch Clint speak] but my eyes glazed over after about 5 minutes" - Intrepid

Yes you do.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Oh you'll get a chance don't worry. Sandra Fluke will stand up and tell the whole country that they are obligated to pay for her contraceptives. In fact she will represent the entire radical outlook of this admin that says that free contraceptives are more valuable than life itself and that someone else is obligated to pay for it. It also represents the goals of the UN Agenda 21.
edit on 31-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

The person I replied to had said worse things have ALREADY HAPPENED.
To which I replied that I would like to see them.
Maybe you do not read so well?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I love Clint but this speech was hard to watch. It was a train wreck in my opinion but my roommate loved it and thinks I am crazy. No one likes to see there heroes look bad. To me it looked like he isn’t all there.

I thought at one point that he may be doing it on purpose to swing people to the other side I kind of hope that is the case and he just pulled off a great performance.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Think about it.

If there was one way to assure Obama a victory, its to let Mitts camp go first.

On top of that, let OLD !## Clint Eastwood stutter and mumble his whole speech.

Its a fantastically brilliant tool to woo mass viewers/voters for Obama.

Now President Hussein has already seen the competition, and will slam them on live tv.

Fell for it again America

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I felt Clint did a good job. He stumbled a few times for the words, but honestly I felt that made it more endearing than a young talking head reading from a teleprompter.

Bravo Mr. Eastwood, you got out there and gave it a go - much better than any armchair critic could dream of doing.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I have to say it - how embarassing that an actor is so important to so many of you. To say, "I think he is an amazing actor" is one thing - so many of you believe apparently that an actor is the same guy in and out of his/her movies. This hero-worship is telling of so many here I thought had their acts together. Really too bad.

CJ

You know how it is with all them Hollywood Liberals and all that Liberal Media.
Republicans hate that crap.
Meanwhile in bizarro land.

By the way, this actor is a hero and the new Obama movie is all true.

Boy the righties flip the switch when it suits them.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
reply to post by Endorra

He was compensated for the Detroit ad. He donated the entire sum to charity, but he was compensated. Last night was a personal appearance by invite and there was no compensation.

So you think that is admirable that he was so willing to sell out for some ad money?
Makes him seem honest and sincere to you?
Who says he was not compensated for this speech?
Officially paid and compensated are two different things but whatever.
The fact that he is a hero to you people after doing that ad just because he was paid to is hilarious.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atom12
Love Clint and loved his message. He was totally clear - we need to get rid of Obama and get Romney elected.
Takes guts to stand up as a Republican in big Lib Hollywood. He made my day.

The entire point of the RNC is because they want Obama out of there and Romney elected. How does Clint wasting all that time just to tell you what the RNC is about make it a good thing?
Do they think you are all so retarded that you did not know the RNC was about making Romney president?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
What is amazing is how many people don't get what Eastwood did. The brilliance of the "skit" was rather obvious.

You people really need to stop sounding like a desperate drunken uncle that is afraid he will not be invited over again.
"You guys just don't get it!!!"
"No, Uncle Larry it is just not actually a funny joke. We got it though."

People like you keep saying people did not get it.
I sure as hell got it.
Getting it does not make me like it.

I got it!
It was sad.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what the answer is to the question "crazy or fantastic."

What matters is that Clint upstaged Willard on his big night.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
“Come on man, it was a JOKE!”
SonOfTheLawOfOne,
Good grief! So you are claiming that Clint meant to look senile?

PS; How can anyone take anything you say seriously when as part of your signature you are claiming that EVERY scientific organization in the world is part of a conspiracy. Who's in charge Bigfoot? Better get a new tin foil hat!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Most of your are not tough enough to make it to 82 years of age let alone stand before millions as a national audience and not do more than dribble pudding down your collective chins.

Clint is the man.
edit on 1-9-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
You mean the RNC carted out Clint Eastwood to try and win my vote?
Well, didn't work. But I still love me some Clint. I just don't like crazed right wing nuts.

I doubt anyone had to twist Clint's arm, if it could be twisted that is.

Peace, thunderheart

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Once again senile old men don't direct and act in movies, at the age of 82, he isn't senile.

here is an interview, from his last film

youtu.be...

and

'Trouble With The Curve'
Not released yet.

Looks good

news.moviefone.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join