It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ellen Barkin Hopes Hurricane Kills 'Every Pro-Life, Xenophobic, Gay-Bashing SOB' At The RNC

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
double. Sorry
edit on 28-8-2012 by Sulie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
please delete, i have obviously wondered into the wrong thread.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Dnepropetrovsk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Other than the admitted left of ATS, I've been watching and hoping to see a comment from an organization that does represent the DNC or other left wing recognized group and it has not appeared.

Who here at ATS that represents the Left, has access to the news and can contribute an article criticizing this Actress or writes a Blog and will Criticize this woman's statement?

Are all democrats/lefties supposed to come out in full force every time some whacko makes a twitter comment or statement you don't like as a conservative?

There is a huge difference between an actress hardly anyone knows making ridiculous twitter comments and a politician like Akin making factually incorrect statements while running for office trying to represent not only the Republican party, but a group of constituents.

If you are a politician, your comments automatically represent your party and, as such, people in your party who do not agree with you SHOULD condemn those comments if they are as vile as Barkin's were so that others don't have to wonder if it is a mindset of the political group.

To expect droves of liberals to come out in full force to denounce the words of one woman who has not meaningful political affiliations and speaks for no one but herself is over the top. According to your reasoning, we should scour twitter and expect the respective politically affiliated communities of people who make such comments to denounce them to the public just to make it clear that anyone making such comments does not represent the political or ideological group.
edit on 28-8-2012 by nunya13 because: fix quote tags

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnepropetrovsk

Originally posted by Annee
This comes from FOX "entertainment". Referring to FOX as news is ludicrous.

FOX is about entertainment and drama. They love their drama.

Why is it ludicrous?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is it ludicrous only when it serves you?

FOX NEWS used to be my station for years. And I mean years - - like 40 years.

I personally watched its deterioration into a dramatized entertainment joke.

It is legally infotainment and they can say anything they want. They are not required to be factual.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Ellen Barkin hasn't been relevant since the 80's.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well, Hollywood celebrities are overwhelmingly liberal, with just a few exceptions including Jon Voight, Janine Turner, Angie Harmon, Chuck Norris, Kelsey Grammer, and Adam Sandler( never would have guessed that one),

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

cmon Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, and Ed Schultz do exactly the same thing only the liberal version. Keith had a hand in completely turning me off to liberal programming after his nutty rant about euthanizing his dad just in time for the Obamacare vote. It was one of the most disgusting displays I've ever seen on tv.
edit on 28-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It truly is said that in today's world, someone wishes death for people who support life. All I can say is that people such as Barkin truly are either mentally ill or evil. I wouldn't wish death upon my worst enemy. I would just hope that the rage and anger within them leaves.
Sad, truly sad.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
While I disagree totally with what Ellen had said, my post will have nothing to do with this thread, except for the hurricane, as I could find no where else to post nor want to start a new thread.

The Hurricane is only hours away, and is indeed slated to be a major disaster for the cities involved.

Cynics and atheist may laugh at this, but let's pray that this nature's fearsome hurricane loses its fury and become just another slight rainy day.

I know some may say if the hurricane does not lose its fury, then the prayers may had been futile, however, the faithful are only at least 'trying', for our common Creator do have His own purposes. There is no harm in trying. But if it succeeds, it may save countless precious lives.

Equally I know some may say if the hurricane does not happen, it is merely coincidence. IT doesn't matter to the faithfuls, for in the end, the purpose had been about saving lives, and not personal glory and exhibition of who is right or wrong.

Let's pray for all ....

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Oh yah, a hurricane wiping out every Republican at the convention...that's not anything at ALL like Ahmedinajad wanting to wipe Israel off the map!!! (snicker)
She's too late anyway, as now it's going to hit New Orleans instead. Maybe she can donate her millions to them afterward to fix it.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Annee

Oh yah, a hurricane wiping out every Republican at the convention...that's not anything at ALL like Ahmedinajad wanting to wipe Israel off the map!!! (snicker)

Only when people like you DRAMATIZE it.

Imagine if it was just ignored.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

Only when people like you DRAMATIZE it.

I didn't have to, she already did it herself. I just compared it with similar statements made by foreign dignitaries. It's hilarious to watch people defend her while condemning Republicans who make dumb statements. And at least Hank Johnson wasn't actually hoping Guam would tip over from overpopulation. And at least Janeane Garofalo was rude but not that over the top.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

cmon Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, and Ed Schultz do exactly the same thing only the liberal version. Keith had a hand in completely turning me off to liberal programming after his nutty rant about euthanizing his dad just in time for the Obamacare vote. It was one of the most disgusting displays I've ever seen on tv.

No one does FOX like FOX. And in the Florida court case they legally do not have to be factual.

I know its a shock to you - - but I am not Liberal (except social/equal rights etc). I am closer to centrist and fiscal conservative.

Isn't it interesting that you assume I watch Keith Olbermann.

I am not comparing FOX to anyone but FOX itself - - - as I watched it for many years - - seeing it deteriorate into an over-the-top drama based info-tainment.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
reply to post by guohua

Ellen Barkin hasn't been relevant since the 80's.

She was great in the Barry Levinson classis "Diner" about 30 years ago. That was the last time I remember her in a top selling movie.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You mean you are not fiscally liberal? Lot's of people are not fiscally liberal. But the minute you think taxpayer funding of abortion should be mandated you lose the fiscal conservative focus.

I didn't really assume you watched Keith Olbermann, I just suggested his rant was over the top and completely inappropriate for a news commentary station.

In Ellen Barkin's defense, it was only a retweet of someone else's creepy tweet.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Celebrities are now the voice of the entire Liberal movement?
Really?

Considering that, around here, people on the far left will post ignorant quotes from a few on the right (quotes like - rape victims bodies automaticallys top pregnancy, etc) and then go on to imply that those nutters represent the entire right wing and/or Republicans ... that all republicans have 'low IQ's blah blah blah ... all because of quotes from an idiotic few .... well .... is it any wonder that those on the right will turn around and take a far left liberal quote and do the same to them???

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
Are all democrats/lefties supposed to come out in full force every time some whacko makes a twitter comment or statement you don't like as a conservative?

Why not? The left expects the right to do it whenever a nutter on the right does it. The left should hold itself to the same standards. Ellen Barkin is well known and therefore gets a spotlight when she speaks in this society that seems to worship Hollywood. The left should denounce her just as they expect the right to denounce their nutters.

If they dont' .. then they agree with her. At least, that's the 'logic' the left uses on the right.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join