It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US HOVERBIKE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

US HOVERBIKE

rt.com

­California-based firm Aerofex created an aerial vehicle with two ducted rotors instead of wheels, which originates from a design abandoned in the 1960s because of stability and rollover problems.

The aerospace firm managed to fix the stability issue by creating a mechanical system — controlled by two control bars at knee-level — that allows the vehicle to respond to a human pilot's leaning movements and natural sense of balance, Innovation News daily reports.

"Think of it as lowering the threshold of flight, down to the domain of ATV's [all-terrain vehicles]," said Mark De Roc
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
flightlog.aerofex.com

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
i have to say i like this version much better than the AUS bike. i would def buy one of these just for the pure fun factor. it looks like there would be no limits to where this could be used. and its simplicity is very understated.

i wonder at the possibilies of a pure electric vehicle. one that could be recharged at home or off of solar out in the field. that might be a bit. i wonder if you would be able to use it on mars? i dont know enough about the air density there perhaps not.

this is going to be a very liberating technology once released its supposed to be as easy as a bicycle to ride.

videos at the manufacturers website.

enjoy.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I do think this is great news and it has been a long time coming, however, aren't we advanced enough as a society to have technology more advanced than that of the 50's? All of the flying cars I've seen which will be on the market in the fore-seeable future employ ducts and rotors for lift. What happened to magnetic levitation? Is it because of corporate America's influence on the flying car industry or is it something else holding back the technology?

join