It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California going off!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hi Antar! I've been here, just not as often due to work matters etc. I saw the earthquakes and knew you all would be on it. I don't think the hurricane will be that bad (fingers crossed) This earthquake swarm has really got my attention though. You aren't sure you're glad to see me???

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackbird2012
reply to post by Terminal1

XD. Good one.

Palmdale eh?

My first memories in life were there. Father was stationed up in those mountains but I can still remember him battling the tumbleweeds that gathered against the front door over the night so he could go to work.

Doesn't Palmdale have a "bulge" and was predicted to have an EQ there at some point years ago?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackbird2012

Thanks for the help. I think
second

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Foreshocks

Foreshocks are those earthquakes which occur immediately preceeding a mainshock in the exact same area in which the mainshock occurs. The time between the last foreshock and the mainshock varies somewhat, but is typically less than a day.
Foreshocks cannot be positively identified as foreshocks until after the mainshock has occurred. Even then, the "mainshock" sometimes proves to be a large foreshock of an even bigger earthquake, which will then assume the position as the "mainshock". Also, not all mainshocks have foreshocks. This means that while foreshock identification (before the mainshock strikes) would be useful, it can never be a cure-all solution for earthquake forecasting.

www.data.scec.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hey, Im not American, and my memory sucks,

But something at the back of my mind says a fair few people have predicted something like this happening down that way before..would that be right?

Like the West coast, is it? To lazy to Google, even though I probably will now aha.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Yes. I havent been there myself,but i'm planning to go there,

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou

No prob.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I think you may be right.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Oh you are a lot closer to the smarm. Just got my new puppy in San Jacinto, last week.

Enjoy the ride, that area of Brawley does shake periodically. Hope it's just normal.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackbird2012
reply to post by Phenomium

I understand from that point. But i'm talking about how it started,how it happened,and what could come out of it.

edit on 26-8-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Palmdale has the 14 freeway cutting through it, and the San Andreas Fault is visible literally on the freeway there, where they cut through a hill for the freeway. I live very close to this.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I live in San Marcos, CA. A city within the San Diego county. To date it: August 26, 2012. Around the time 1:00-3:00PM, not sure exactly what time it was but around between those two times. I live in an apartment, second floor but the strangest thing was that there was a tremor going on that I never felt before since I was a kid living in my hometown back up North of Cali. It lasted a few minutes. My aunt was cleaning around and I'm surprised she didn't feel it the tremor. I just hope this doesn't relate to San Andreas fault. But then again..yeah.
edit on 26-8-2012 by Mark10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

That's true.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

NOTHING is So.Cal. is normal

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mark10

The Seismic Zone in the area with the Swarm is fairly close to the San Andreas Fault.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

I'm not trying to start anything. Believe me.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Palmdale has the 14 freeway cutting through it, and the San Andreas Fault is visible literally on the freeway there, where they cut through a hill for the freeway. I live very close to this.

I think that may be it. I just know we lived in a house that if you crossed a major road, there was nothing but a desert. Seems like I remember a train wreck too so there must be a train track there too.

Man.. talk about digging into memory. Thanks for that!

Hope this turns out to be nothing. Wonder if there are any "earthquake lights" going on... That should be another indicator of something major coming.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Sierra Hwy?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Also there have been more of those mysterious BOOMS intensifying in California in just the last couple of days
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Pray for Californians

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I bet ol' Mitchell Coombes will be updating his herd once he catches wind of this swarm with, "Okay folks, this is it! We are getting even MORE extremely close to the 104 hour warning! Have bags packed and sitting by your door"

Should the swarm subside, they will credit him for saving many lives by bringing massive awareness to the good people of California and, in doing so, TPTB had to reschedule their haarp attack for a later date.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join