It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Millitary Codes in our Road Sign?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Because there may be times when road crews are driving towards the back of the signs, and if they're reflective, they can see if it's there/where it is right away. Not sure if that's what it is but it makes sense. heh.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Went to the website but the info was removed. Anyone know if it was mirrored anywhere else?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I guess the first site I tried has been taken down. If you're a late-comer and want to see what we're talking about, check this out instead:www.tackamarks.freeservers.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">web.archive.org...://www.tac kamarks.freeservers.com/

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Toelint]

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Because there may be times when road crews are driving towards the back of the signs, and if they're reflective, they can see if it's there/where it is right away. Not sure if that's what it is but it makes sense. heh.

Now you are starting a real conspiracy: Road crews working at Night!!

But seriously, while that sounds like it makes sense, it still seems strange to me. To repair or replace small roadside signs at night doesn't sound like it is something that would be done normally. I can see them replacing the big overpass signs at night to avoid traffic delays but the small signs would seem to be more dangerous to replace at night.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
They do most of our freeway work at night here. All the repaving, and sign repair. Our traffic is pretty bad during the day and getting worse as they bring more cars in every year, so a few years ago they started doing all the freeway work from about 9 or 10pm until 4am. Even changing the small signs requires closing down a lane of the freeway for safety, and unless it's a major construction thing like adding lanes to the freeway, they try to do as much work as they can at night.

[edit on 13-8-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i've seen this around for a while on the net- being military i have never recieved any training what so ever on these. (And if it can be driven on a road- i can drive it)

I was wondering if anyone could show how the code works? the web site while thick in the consipricy had very little about decifering the code. The pictures that they gave were very inconsistant on WHAT the stickers meant- well at least meant to them.

Stickers on one side of a sign reflective of not will not be dicerable at any real distance at night as the web site states-why? well becasue the sign will be blacked out and you will not be able to tell if the sticker is on the left or right side of the sign unless almost touching it. Ever been out on a REALLY dark night??

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by launchpad

Stickers on one side of a sign reflective of not will not be dicerable at any real distance at night as the web site states-why? well becasue the sign will be blacked out and you will not be able to tell if the sticker is on the left or right side of the sign unless almost touching it. Ever been out on a REALLY dark night??

The claim is that they have a guy looking backwards wearing NVGs and they shine an infrared light on the signs, and he reads them. I've only gotten to use NVGs one time at an airshow demo, but I can't see any way they could possibly pull this off. It was hard enough just SEEING without trying to actually read something, from a moving vehicle as you speed away from it.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Very interesting,
By now, everyone has heard about Bush passing a $650 Billion Bill to bring the Nations Highway system up to date...

Thought it was a case of pork barrel politics - but this has me wondering if there was anoter reason for it...

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
So whats the big deal? If you're so scared of them, run around with a can of black spraypaint after the "great takeover" starts and cover up all the stickers.

Problem solved!

They'll surely be too busy throwing 230,000,000 people into concentration camps to notice a small group of people blacking out their "directions"..

Anyone here ever heard of a street map? I heard they're a little easier to read then little stickers on the back of signs.. just a hunch..

[edit on 8/14/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
ok- black spray paint is going into the "bug out bag" tonight.

Still am very curious just HOW someone is supposed to decifer this supposed code-

I have seen the stickers but there is no real consistancy on how they seem to be placed.

I have tons of maps in my car as well i believe most people do too and still there are those markers for hospitals; police stations and airports plain as day on the side of the road in the blue signs. seeing those mundane signs are the very little lending credence to this whole theory on the stickers- i just cannot decifer them.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Yes, these signs are very interesting... But why have they made these signs... There are safer ways to communicate, right...?

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Yah, I may have a "Beautiful Mind" concept to this, but, if only 1% of anything on this site is true, then we paranoids are justified keeping and embracing our paranoia.

I think that there ARE codes placed on our signs. The universal new world order military symbols may also be creeping onto our signs and are providing directions to any military force. I'm noticing placement of signs changes. On one sign, the camping symbol is imprinted onto the large exit sign, but at the next exit, a small camping sign is bolted to the lower left of an exit sign denoting the location of the local National Guard Armory and Civic Center. The armory and civic center would make a great place for "VISITING TROOPS" to "camp", thus the need for the small, seperately mounted sign. Another small sign was bolted to at the WV Tamarac Center,(a big complex of buildings with a huge truck stop and parking) exit denoting "TDD service available" Sounds like code for a communications hub.

There may even be a rudimentary binary code built into the reflector schemes going down exit ramps..e.g. square/square, round/round, round/round, round/round, round/square round/square, round/round.

Also of particular nots is the sudden proliferation of RED reflectors near exit ramps. Red is a color that is NEVER used except for wrong way indications. It appears that a number of the red reflectors have been placed where new bases for signs have been cemented into the ground, but on one sign, someone placed three big red reflectors on a sign for the Tamarac. area(described above). I noticed red reflectors in PA as well, seems like a coordinated scheme. The guys here at an 8-county DOH headquarters building don't seem to know anything.

Additional note may be also a series of red and blue reflectors just past two toll booths on I-64. Could be a rally point for convoys after passing through the toll/check-point.

More later.....

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Maybe they've got RFID?

Seriously, I think that there IS some sort of meaning in the sticker placement.

I don't condone or encourage the spray paint thing, but it would be interesting to see if a new sticker gets slapped on top of the paint. Taking one off could accomplish the same thing though. Cheaper and no messy hands.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Hmm... I'd be quite interested to see if someone spray-painted the back of a sign where these supposed markings are now and today and see the response that would get.

I'd not advocating or telling anyone to do it, I mean please don't I'd think that'd be illegal but still I'd have to wonder about the response.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
There is a definite meaning to the placement of the markers. We have studied this for almost 10 years now. They are directional devices. They are placed in different "quadrants" of the sign and are deciphered mostly through "reverse reflective illumination" using rear-view side mirrors.

I believe back a few pages I discussed this. We have done extensive testing on the roadways experimenting with the backward effects of mirrors with the markers at night and confirmed this is the way they will read them from their vehicles. It works perfectly. A special forces Marine stated, and you who have military experience can confirm this, that there are what are known as "cat eyes" on the back of nearly every military vehicle that would be used to activate the reflective properties of the markers. This method allows the driver to view the backs of the signs and see a mirror image of the reflected sticker that is navigationally correct. We have done hundreds of road tests and have proved that there is no need to stop the vehicle and crane ones neck to see the backs of the signs to decipher the marker's placement. (The fronts of the signs have codes on them also)

The GPS arguments are really ridiculous. In the scenarios involving military contingencies, GPS is highly vulnerable to many new EMP and other advanced weaponry, not to mention that one nuke in the upper-ionosphere will disable any GP satellite line-of-sight of the detonation. Hardened chips have not been tested in space with a nuclear blast so there is no data proving they would survive.

With more sophisticated GPS devices being manufactured for public use it is possible that GPS will be purposely shut down under martial law. The advantage of coded signs for military use only would be certainly effective if not necessary, especially for foreign speaking troops.

Another point to ponder is the continued recent base closings. This is being done under executive order of president Kennedy's "UNITED STATES PROGRAM FOR GENERAL AND COMPLETE DISARMAMENT IN A PEACEFUL WORLD (Pub 7277) 1961". Yes, this is the continuing policy of the United States and proves UN troops will one day police U.S. roadways and streets. (This State Department document has been renamed recently, but is still in effect)

Logic says if foreign UN troops under the State Department order 7277 will be the only "legal" army to be assembled in the future, then the signcodes are just another step toward the UN goal in preparation for multi-ligual armies as internal police forces. We are moving swiftly toward a NWO army and World Government. These signcodes are worldwide NATO plan.

Carrierwave~

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The problem is still that it would be really hard to read them in your rear view mirror. Even if the passenger was reading them, you would have to drive slowly past them, and you couldn't always be sure that you read everything properly. And if you're using NVGs good luck reading them. It's hard enough to SEE with them on, let alone read anything.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Zap,

This is absolutely not true. You are talking to a person who has been involved with Free Indeed Research for nearly 10 years and have been working on the code deciphering puzzle of the tacmars for at least 8 years. I have personally driven routes at 55 mph and have been able to use this method without fail. The markers light up very clearly in your mirror and the backwards effect of reflected markers vividly display navigationally correct directionals. May I ask about your research? What data and experimental methods have you performed that would refute our findings? We have gone to cities we have never previously been before. We have accurately discovered the routes that are coded and the sites on those routes that are marked using the reverse reflective navigation method and it works every time. When these markers are illuminated they can be seen well over a quarter mile away. I have no problem viewing them in a mirror and deciphering the directionally placed markers on the backs of the signs at military vehicle speeds. I would like to see YOUR data, ZAP.

Carrierwave~

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
My research is that we're the headquarters for three major commands, THE USN and USAF bases of the Pacific, and not ONCE have I been able to find any "secret messages" on the back of roadsigns. I haevn't even seen a STICKER on the back of a roadsign anywhere here. Now either the "UN Army" is going to completely ignore PACAF and PACFLT and don't need directions to them, or they aren't secret messages. Several of my friends from the mainland weren't able to find any near bases where they live either.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I find that very difficult to believe, Zap.

Every military base in Michigan that we have investigated has "tacmars" and other signcodes coming from a major intermodal highway and Interstate 75 that are part of the STRAHNET system (STRATEGIC HIGHWAY NETWORK for military rapid deployment). ALL U.S. bases have STRAHNET access as part of Eisenhower's copy of Germany's AUTOBAUN military network. Every U.S. military base has an inter-modal link or connector route leading to an Interstate system. It is quite apparent to me you do not know what you are looking for and do not understand what tacmars are or how they work. (How you got the idea these markers are to be read through NV apparatus is beyond me.) This is not the case.

Green color coded tacmars come directly from STRAHNET I-75 and connector route "Military Road" and go directly to the gate of the HANSON MILITARY RESERVE at CAMP GRAYLING in Crawford county Michigan. One amazing signcoded route is in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan that is code "blue" tacmars and goes to decommissioned Kincheloe AFB that has been converted into the Kinross and Hiawatha Correctional Facilities. There are tacmars marking all of the prison up there. (By the way, the runways are still intact)

Carrierwave~

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I've been looking at every sign I drive past out here since I read the first thread about these "signs" and I haven't seen a single sticker on any roadsign I passed. Now either they're a lot harder to read from the mirrors, I'm blind, or there aren't any out here.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join