It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News Guides Al Qaeda Assassins To Seal Team Member's Doorstep

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Neither the DoD or the CIA vetted this book. That's the normal process in order to publish. But this guy did it anonymously, bypassing the rules so the book could not be reviewed and combed to delete sensitive Intel. That's why this author is now also in hot water legally.

Please don't take this as argumentative to you personally. I believe your information to be correct its his part I don't buy. My guess is the book is 100% nonsense and he is drumming up publicity through the controversy making people want to buy it even more.

I speculate that if it were a fairly accurate portrayal the project would have been shot down by now, way before any pre-print process.

I don't doubt he wrote under a pen name. However, that option is also addressed in the documents one signs at the time one is given access to a program. It doesn't make his obligation for a SSO review less binding. Its binding on all/any material one wishes to publish.

If he was a SEAL and on team 6 he had a lot of access. Maybe not like an Intel operator with wide access to documents and analysis but he had access to operational plans and certain collection methods. Certainly, he had access to many different special access programs if he dealt with counter-terror.

We'll see when/if it comes out I guess.

I could be wrong a LTC Bell (I think I'll chekc later and post) wrote a book a few years ago and got hemmed up fairly well even though he had it reviewed correctly.

Also, in the late 80's there was a book published that spilled a good deal of real Intel on what Regan was doing in North Africa, specifically Libya and Chad. It’ fairly accurate from what I understand… Again, reviewed but obviously not well or by the right people. The government bought all the copies from the publisher and ordered them to never print it again. There are copies out that they didn’t get though I think the title was Secret Warriors. I’ll check that and post later.

These are used as examples even when given the de-briefings. Even if you have it reviewed you are responsible for the content - which kind of sucks but what does one expect from a contract with the government.

Cheers....

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

He published anonymously. No way he'd out himself; he'd face charges for not having his book vetted by the DoD. No that he's been identified by FOX, he will be charged.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Thanks for the post. No reason for me to take anything personally...your post is clearly not personal. The gov response will be interesting. I have noticed none of the other networks or cables shows repeating his name, to their credit.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Okay well regardless of the thoughts as to whether or not this guy actually wrote the book, if he is a SEAL Operator its going to take more than a couple of haji's from Pakistan or Afghanistan to take him out. SEAL Team 6 or DEVGRU as its called, is the elite counter terrorism team of the SEALS. He will definately know how to deal with them if they show up. I used to work with the guys from ST6 and ST3 a lot when I was a SWCC Operator while in the Navy. I would love to see them actually show up and try something, they'd get their asses handed to them.

FOX giving out this info was wrong but I don't really see their actions as endangering this man, hell he may be getting bored and would welcome the action. I know if any Haji's ever showed up at my place trying crap it would give me some good excitement for a little while.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Alaska is pretty secluded. They can watch who goes there pretty well.

Might be a Psyop to pick off whatever muslim sets foot there.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
Okay well regardless of the thoughts as to whether or not this guy actually wrote the book, if he is a SEAL Operator its going to take more than a couple of haji's from Pakistan or Afghanistan to take him out. SEAL Team 6 or DEVGRU as its called, is the elite counter terrorism team of the SEALS. He will definately know how to deal with them if they show up. I used to work with the guys from ST6 and ST3 a lot when I was a SWCC Operator while in the Navy. I would love to see them actually show up and try something, they'd get their asses handed to them.

FOX giving out this info was wrong but I don't really see their actions as endangering this man, hell he may be getting bored and would welcome the action. I know if any Haji's ever showed up at my place trying crap it would give me some good excitement for a little while.

I am sure the Seal is not concerned about himself. But he surely has a home; he has family. Maybe kids, a wife. He certainly has a mother and a father. He can't protect them, not all of them, not all the time. At a minimum FOX just drove the family's stress and fear meter through the roof.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I am sure the Seal is not concerned about himself. But he surely has a home; he has family. Maybe kids, a wife. He certainly has a mother and a father. He can't protect them, not all of them, not all the time. At a minimum FOX just drove the family's stress and fear meter through the roof.

Exactly. Any other news organization would be taking sooooo much freakin' heat for this right now that it's almost laughable reading the replies on here and on the MSM.

I hope he makes a crap-ton off this book. I know he plans to donate the profits to the families of the deceased Seals but I hope he has enough to place his family into hiding somewhere nice.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

There's no doubt this book will see gobs. I wonder if the feds will try to seize all copies and kill further publication.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

He published anonymously. No way he'd out himself; he'd face charges for not having his book vetted by the DoD. No that he's been identified by FOX, he will be charged.

Fox was able to find his identification but the DOD could not?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077
reply to post by Destinyone

I feel sorry for him

He deserves no sympathy. He took a fictionous story and added his spin to it - for financial gain.

edit on 24-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

So his actions justify harm come to his family? Come on...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

There's no doubt this book will see gobs. I wonder if the feds will try to seize all copies and kill further publication.

Just to follow up on m previous post.

This book www.amazon.com... is the one that DoD had a hissy fit about you can see that a "new copy" goes for 241.00 which tells you collectors want it because the government tried to buy up all the first run. While I was in Special Operations at the time I was so junior would not know if this was true or not but word is it reads like a mission debrief. The guys were doing the things were my Team Sergeants and Senior Operators I know they were really upset and worried for their safety when it came out.

The guy I mentioned LTC Bell - was probably just some name I remembered from the Army lol. Great for random name flashback. Anyway sorry about that.

Here www.operationdarkheart.com... is the information on that incident. The code name ABLE DANGER was classified at the time the book was published. Its existence denied. However, it has since been declassified as this guy here gave up the goods.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

For all you FOX lovers, you may have the news yesterday that FOX News outed the anonymous author of the upcoming book about the Seal Team 6 raid that took out Osama Bin Laden. Not only did they name him, they also gave his city's name in Alaska where he lives. Now terrorist websites have photos up on him and have publicly stated they are going to hunt him and kill him now that they know what he looks like, what his name is and where he lives.
NBC article - Al Qaeda Threat

"Here is the first picture of the dog who murdered the martyr Shaykh Usama Bin Laden," wrote one of the posters, using an alternate spelling of bin Laden's name. "May Allah have mercy on him."

Nice job FOX, supposed champion of the military. I expected better judgment even from them.
edit on 24-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2012 by pajoly because: added quote

So does this mean Fox News will now be tried in the same way that Bradley Manning is? After all, the claims are that the information supposedly put lives at risk (even though that information was redacted by Wikileaks) and we have concrete evidence of Fox News having done this, publicly, for all to see.

I'm sure some right-wing Conservative will be along any moment to scream about freedom. Their brand of freedom only seems to apply to certain people though.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I can't help but wonder what many here would be posting now if my title read, "MSNBC Guides Al Qaeda...."

Who wants to bet there would be 20 flags by now and grievous calls to condemn MSNBC?

Change MSNBC to Wikileaks, and i'd say you have a 100% chance of seeing this thread hit front page. In fact - i'd be willing to bet that a lot of posters who are defending Fox were scolding Wikileaks for publishing the US diplomatic cables.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I dont think this is a problem, after all we are their allies and have been supplying them with arms to fight their wars. In the Afghan and Lybia and now Syria. Al cia da have now given them stinger missiles. So why would they attack their allies?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There are more than enough bash Fox threads So I won't go into that.

However, Jihadist websites that target Seals aren't appreciated by a certain member of the cyber community.

Guess Who!

ʇuıɐs ʞɔopuooq™ ‏@th3j35t3r
'http://alfidaa.org ' & 'http://al-fidaa.org ' - TANGOS DOWN - For calling for hit on a SEAL via web as per openchannel.nbcnews.com... … #SEALs

Get'em J!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I can't help but wonder what many here would be posting now if my title read, "MSNBC Guides Al Qaeda...."

Who wants to bet there would be 20 flags by now and grievous calls to condemn MSNBC?

That's what's wrong with politics in the USA. People who follow politics treat their chosen group like they are following a sports team and willingly ignore all faults due to blind loyalty... Key word being: blind.

Scary!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

But wasn't the original ODH stopped at the last minute? It made its way to the light of day but as a cleaned up version if I remember correctly.

With regards to this book, I have not heard much. However, elements within any administration always use the "leak" via news network XYZ to their advantage when they feel it is required. Valerie Plame is one example.

No, I am not going to blame a particular party or person, the real lever pullers are above all that anyway.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
reply to post by Golf66

But wasn't the original ODH stopped at the last minute? It made its way to the light of day but as a cleaned up version if I remember correctly.

Some copies advance copies of ODH were published with the ABLE DANGER information in them as I recall but it was cleaned up and allowed to go to print after it was further sanitized. Like I said, that LTC did have the manuscript screened through channels but clearly whoever did it didn't catch all the information in there. This is why he didn’t get in any “real” trouble.

It's supposed to be screened by someone who has access to all the same programs as the author so they can look for unintentional references or as it is called in intelligence circles "talking around" classified information.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

actually that means the govt is about to assassinate him. now they have an alibi n a reason it wasn't them. "fox news gave out the info, it wasn't us, any terrorist could have found him." then they'll wheel out some tea partier or conspiracy kook w a weapons cache.

i just gave the punchline so i must've already heard that one lol...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join