It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you take notice of a censored document?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

There are those who feel the public panic during and following the broadcast was "taken advantage of" to depict that as the 'expected' stereotypical response of any peoples. The Brooking's institute was certainly unequivocal in providing the pillar for US policy on the matter afterwards.

But in this case, we are talking about another vast leap in virtual indebtedness for us, so they can exercise whatever their agenda is via war - violent, destructive conflict. How they succeed in portraying it as 'necessary' is a slap in the face to many well-informed citizens.

I reject that is they way things "should" be.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

It was a live "case study". Why would people not expect to see the same level of mass hysteria? People lost their minds at the prospect we were under attack by aliens from Mars.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Yes - I'm fully aware of that broadcast and the consequential effect resultant from the publics perception of it being a real event. In this regard the way the story was delivered, and the contents of it, was the cause of the panic (and deaths) - even though he warned prior to starting that it was mere fiction - still that didn't help those that tuned in after the broadcast started...............anyway I digress.

I think you and I can both agree that we (society in general) have been very well desensitized since those days to perhaps better accept what the military may or may not have come across in the past when investigating UFO's - even if the news was not pleasant or beneficial to the human race (well I am prepared anyway - lurking here for long enough pretty much prepares you for any eventuality; from humans being nothing more than imprisoned recycled souls through to food sources for aliens)

Nothing would surprise me at this stage in the game.

Thanks for the comments though and yes I am a history buff, amongst other things.

No offense, but what you're postulating is conjecture. All I can legitimately go by, and the government is what literally happened when the public thought it was a genuine event. They learned that day that the public reacted very negatively and hysterically. People today don't value the well-being of themselves and loved ones any less as they did when that event happened.

edit on 26-8-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

U2U

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

No offence taken.

I won't lie here - when I was 6 (34 years ago) I watched my father put the "war of the worlds" tape in the tape player and I started to listen. Within 15 minutes I FREAKED OUT and was in hysterics for hours afterwards - as a little tacker my brain could not compute that it was fiction.

So I'll give you credit there.

Now.......that does not change my stance regarding my reply to you - conjecture or otherwise.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

So imagine an event that's not fiction. My conjecture is this: had it not been for WotW there would already be disclosure by now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join