It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lack Of Openness

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

G is the 7th letter
O is the 15th letter
D is the 4th letter

7+1+5+4=17=1+7=8 or infinity...

Wouldn't you gouge your eyes out if you were in the medieval times and learned this? Times weren't very humorous back then...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Now that you're at this point, it's necessary to read the Parable of the Pearl of Great Price...

"Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure hidden in the field, which a man found, and hid. In his joy, he goes and sells all that he has, and buys that field."

— Matthew 13:44,

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

— Matthew 13:45-46,

And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God? It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

— Luke 13:20-21, KJV

He set another parable before them, saying, "The Kingdom of Heaven is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field; which indeed is smaller than all seeds. But when it is grown, it is greater than the herbs, and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in its branches."

Here's a parable which requires one to read between the lines...so much is said in it...

"Let your waist be dressed and your lamps burning. Be like men watching for their lord, when he returns from the marriage feast; that, when he comes and knocks, they may immediately open to him. Blessed are those servants, whom the lord will find watching when he comes. Most certainly I tell you, that he will dress himself, and make them recline, and will come and serve them. They will be blessed if he comes in the second or third watch, and finds them so. But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what hour the thief was coming, he would have watched, and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore be ready also, for the Son of Man is coming in an hour that you don't expect him."

Peter said to him, "Lord, are you telling this parable to us, or to everybody?"

The Lord said, "Who then is the faithful and wise steward, whom his lord will set over his household, to give them their portion of food at the right times? Blessed is that servant whom his lord will find doing so when he comes. Truly I tell you, that he will set him over all that he has.

But if that servant says in his heart, 'My lord delays his coming,' and begins to beat the menservants and the maidservants, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken, then the lord of that servant will come in a day when he isn't expecting him, and in an hour that he doesn't know, and will cut him in two, and place his portion with the unfaithful.

That servant, who knew his lord's will, and didn't prepare, nor do what he wanted, will be beaten with many stripes, but he who didn't know, and did things worthy of stripes, will be beaten with few stripes. To whomever much is given, of him will much be required; and to whom much was entrusted, of him more will be asked.

— Luke 12:35-48
edit on 23-8-2012 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
LordD,

Perhaps what I believe is a bit of all religions, I guess in the end it doesn't matter because what I've been looking for I found within myself. With that said it also has been said the Kingdom of Heaven is within ourselves...and that's true. I guess that is the consequence of being made in G_d's Image. We are created to be builders and creators, and don't like to be oppressed but free to choose and think. There are so many schools of thought out there which offer so many opposing views that some choose to believe nothing.

But I like to talk about my beliefs to others and see where I am going astray and where I am correct, and I imagine others do this as well, but what's important to me is if we come to a consensus of having a hearty laugh and enjoying and appreciating one or another's conversation at the end of the day. Because that's what's important no matter what our beliefs.

Not to take it personally and that's what our society is like being so judgemental and quick to divide what goes against our narrow viewpoints, in general. Just being unbiased and not resorting to bipolar stances to divide I think is the lesson here and has been for thousands of years. I think we're going to find that we'd better start learning to laugh at ourselves and enjoy and appreciate that which is all around us because that is what is important, and thru all this we might just be able to get to know our Creator a bit better, if we have sense of humor and are made in His Image, I just bet my bottom dollar that G_d does too. He's just waiting for us to see that and be able to laugh with him while walking. Isn't that what a parent wants most of all?

To enjoy and appreciate being with their children in laughter and as a family? If we can do this, we can do anything we put our minds to. People and their formalities built on ritual, pomp, and circumstance, can be so boring at times and like they say all work makes johnny a dull boy. Laughter is the best medicine...it seems...

Just imagine how if we could laugh instead of make-war or cry, how much better the world and humanity would be?

Take care...I love chatting here with you...it's how we learn about each other....and I so validate you as a fellow human being worthy of all that you dream of, believe-in, or strive to find answers to. Thank you for all you've given me on this thread. You could have made it a drudge but you didn't and you have my admiration and respect. And that is a true gift to another. You've given me a smile and warmth in my heart, instead of indignation and condemnation, for that I thank you sir.

Many Blessings...

Trek

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I would like to thank you so so much. You opened my eyes to something that was right in front of me i just passed it over. After your i read your second to last post something didn't feel right and for a second i thought maybe you could be right. So i went to the beach to meditate on the topic. And i immediately found the answer the burden that fell off my shoulder it was the bliss i receive whenever i clarify a problem. And it only gets better. 3 is a truth. Not necessarily 3 as in the number but what 3 represents. It represents why we are trapped here and how we can exalt. I knew that truth before hand but i never really connected it with the number. 3 as number really isn't that important but when you look for three you'll find free( i guess) in this case so it has value. the truth can start with three but doesn't have to but its efficient nevertheless. I'm afraid i can't share it with you but i would l like to thank you again for teaching me an easier way to teach people and for giving me a connection. Best of luck

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

Thank you, again, for I have learned too this day. As I try to every-day. Tomorrow is not ours and yesterday is passed. If we hear To-Day, that's important. I love each day and when the dusk signals nightfall, I look forward to what the next day and the day after that brings. Thank you for allowing me to learn also, so I might refine that silver a bit more to become what I am meant to be.

I suppose every person learns in a unique way and like it has always been said, it's not the destination, but the journey that matters...To the journey, and isn't it a better one when we can all sing-songs and laugh and enjoy each other in company, this in itself will make arriving at the destination even-more special. Rather than being divided and separate or desolate. I prefer to laugh and appreciate that which is good and just about people they deserve so much more than they've been given. But the time is coming when we'll all eat meat and rightly divide the truth from the untruth.

You are so special in ways you cannot imagine yet, and I will pay it forward seeing everyone as surely as I know that is how the Father sees us all.

Many Many Blessings,

Trek

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I won't "shoot the messenger," although I will admit to an open disagreement with the Christian spiritual path. The bloody history, of Jews, Christians, and Muslims alike has completely turned me off of the system. To each their own though. I've learned to live, and let live.

I suppose my question still stands. The video you linked to, concerning neurons and memory and how our morals and ethics and belief structures form not from external stimuli (IE: God or religion) but from internal stimuli (self-observation and analysis of communal activity), is what most interested me.

In your original contribution to this thread you were equating excerpts from the documentary (alongside captioned screen grabs) with Christian spirituality. I watched the video, but I saw the documentary pointing in the opposite direction. Stating that our reality is not made in any part by God, but is instead constructed within our minds, and is transmitted to each other through our experiences; a process which requires neither God, nor Jesus.

I'm still curious why you linked to a documentary which runs counter to your personal beliefs.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Hmmm, trying to figure out how I am going to reply to this question. Perhaps the video can stand-alone by itself, but when taken into consideration with how a duality can build a person if socially-validated, or serve to diminish a person if socially-unvalidated, cold logic could see this but could a person only using logic and reason not combined with a third perhaps, pity, empathy, or love, being positive aspects of duality -and- perhaps jealousy, hatred, and apathy being negative aspects of duality serve any good other than being logic or reason alone?

Perhaps not, and this is where faith, love, and G_d comes into play. It's humanity's capacity to leap beyond logic to arrive at a totally-new reality which can serve to be more-progressive than just logic and reason alone could. Retaining those positive elements which reconcile away the negative serves to equal a far-more rounded and happier person? It's what I call the "Literal + Parabolic (study around) = a third new interpretation, which adds to "3" and as LordD said it's not really 3 that's important, it's what 3 symbolizes, the connection to a higher power, knowing there is a way-out higher than just what we see in the physical world which witnesses or complements the spiritual world.

The video was an additional breadcrumb of wisdom or knowledge which I was led to which complements what I had already realized or learned and that in itself validated the other things adding to an enhanced perception of the truth. Why do I think 3? Well say in statistics if you have two pieces of data, just with two you cannot have a mean and median and it really doesn't say much about what you're measuring other than marking a beginning and end (alpha and omega) but we need a third data point which can serve as a median and mean which gives us the beginning of a Bell Curve, or with 3 data points, a triangle. A trinity. And that's where it all starts; and is the first prime that leads to infinity or the rest of everything.

Please go back and re-read some of the conversation LordD and I have talked about, be sure to read all of it in sequence, if you skip and cherry-pick, you'll miss a lot of the important details which lead to where we are now...it's worth it, I promise, but if not, that's okay, I am not about to force any kind of beliefs or views on you to believe, but just offer this in-case you want to delve into it. Thank you Wandering Scribe, for asking the questions, for without questions we'd never know we had an answer.

Many Blessings,

Trek

edit on 24-8-2012 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join