It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Strikes Deal With RNC over Delegates

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

IMO, anything could happen. The majority of Romney supports cannot seriously believe he's able-bodied to win the Presidency. As Ron Paul put it a few months ago. "These Candidates against Obama will spent all of their time defending themselves against accusation. I don't have to worry about that."

Good luck, America! The world is watching!
edit on 8/22/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Retitled Thread and removed non sourced quote.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It's a normal course for RNCs to be done in this manner. It's the official process. Rick Santorum is also on the ballot.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I, for one am glad to hear it. I know it would likely snow on the hilltops of hell before Ron Paul made it to the White House....but I can dream for a bit anyway.

I just really wish we could do away with the faux 2 party system we have now and move on to something different. I always say that if we keep doing the same things we have always done, then we will keep getting the same things we have always gotten. Whether you are a RP fan or an Obama fan, that just makes sense IMO.

I will stick with my dream a while longer because I believe the 2 we have to pick from are both going to be a nightmare. I will be doing a write in this election if nothing huge changes before then.

edit on 8/21/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
OMG I almost fell out of my chair backwards. Just got home and havent checked any news yet. Thank you for posting CAL.

I am not a Romney guy, and hope and pray to any god who is willing to listen that RP somehow gets the nomination.

That however is still unlikley, and if the party gets split in the convention then there is no way that WHOEVER is the nominee will beat Obummer. So unless RP wins (PLEASE GOD) I think we will be stuck with four more years of this #......and no god can help us then..........

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Who is Paul's running mate? Anyone with a name?

Should be interesting.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well, Ron will ALWAYS have to worry about the newsletter 'thing'. Seriously.

But Romney should be worrying about a whole lot more than he has worried about. He's been getting a free pass.

One thing I have taken out of this whole campaign - the RNC is a slimy dirtbag organization.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I hope they nominate him. I'm voting for him either way.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Personally I just hope this means he gets time to speak to the people of the united states, has an audience that is going to get more than 5 mins of the good senators time. I think if it wasn't him against the world it would have been a easier path to the RNC but, he's there and if on the ballot I just think, we might see a blue moon, and pigs fly.

Pretty happy about this news, and glad to see the grassroots hard work is paying off.

SaneThinking

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well, hope against hope and I'll keep my fingers crossed... Who the heck knows in this election cycle. Paul winning through some miracle of the party system would be the absolute best news I've heard for the entire year. Now..I'll got back to pouting because I think it's almost impossible. However. Hey... ALMOST means it's still possible, right?

edit on 22-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I don't see Ron Paul winning the nomination. I think that would cause much chaos and disarray so close to the election. We're less than two months away and I think it would be very difficult for him to defeat Barack Obama in the General Election.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Just keep yer fingulators crossed that there at least will be time for him to speak......That speech is the key............

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I wholeheartedly agree that he needs his 15 minutes to speak. The only reason I can think that Mitt Romney does not want that to happen is he's afraid that it will rally RP supporters.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This is why the RNC has been fighting so hard to unseat the Paul delegates in so many states.

I know there has not been a lot of news on it but Ben Swan has been reporting on it.

An interesting development in the RNC delegate battle. The RNC/Romney campaign have been telling delegates in Maine that rather than viewing Maine as a stand alone state.. they are viewing delegates from Maine, Masschusetts, Oregon and Louisiana as a block.
Last night at 9:45 the Maine delegates were offered a deal. Give Romney 7 slots in Maine and in return the RNC would seat 9 of the Massachusetts 17, the entire Oregon delegation and nearly all of the Lousiana delegates. As of late this afternoon the discussion was on-going but I have seen an update out of Louisiana that a number of liberty delegates WILL BE SEATED.
MORE TO COME...

Ben Swann Facebook page

edit on 22-8-2012 by pianopraze because: ...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Everyone knows that RP is not going to get the nomination, but he should pick Dennis Kuccinich to be his VP

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well, hope against hope and I'll keep my fingers crossed... Who the heck knows in this election cycle. Paul winning through some miracle of the party system would be the absolute best news I've heard for the entire year. Now..I'll got back to pouting because I think it's almost impossible. However. Hey... ALMOST means it's still possible, right?

edit on 22-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Nothing is impossible!! Every single Ron Paul supporter NEEDS to vote for him, regardless of your thoughts of if it is possible or not!! Don't fall into the trap of people saying it is not possible for a Paul win!!!

Please all Ron Paul supporters VOTE for Ron Paul.......Which is what EVERY single American should be doing come election day!!

Ron Paul is our Obi Wan Kenobi........OUR ONLY HOPE!!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Why even have a convention. The candidates have already been chosen. I imagine they don't want to miss out on a big party/vacation in Florida.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
As much as I'd like for Ron Paul to be the nominee and eventual POTUS, I can already foresee the reaction of the Democratic party.

"The Republican party had to switch their nominee THIS CLOSE to the election? They're desperate! They have no unity! The party is in shambles!"

Don't matter. I know who I'm voting for.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Ron Paul is just part of the illusion.

Your vote doesn't matter because it is all controlled.

If there was no Ron Paul, there would be revolution. Ron Paul is useful to shadowy elite, because without him, there would be no HOPE. And when there is no hope, that is when people rise up and create it themselves.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I am sure RP would have the majority support of ATS; but I am afraid with the corrupt culture of the COTUS as well as POTUS - the "winner" has already been selected. As an active participant in voting it just blows me away of how the people elected to any said office usually turns out to be everything other than what they campaigned for. RP would be the people's president and if he somehow gets elected we have to hope against hope that his VP is a solid choice as well because his fate may be a carbon copy John F. Kennedy.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

The GOP has confirmed that Ron Paul will be on the slate as a potential Republican nominee for President in Tampa Bay on August 26.

abcnews.go.com...

IMO, anything could happen. The majority of Romney supports cannot seriously believe he's able-bodied to win the Presidency. As Ron Paul put it a few months ago. "These Candidates against Obama will spent all of their time defending themselves against accusation. I don't have to worry about that."

Good luck, America! The world is watching!

Where are you getting that quote from...it isn't in your source article anywhere????

When I google the quote "The GOP has confirmed that Ron Paul will be on the slate as a potential Republican nominee", all I get is blogs, facebook, and this thread on ATS.

So, what is the source of that quote???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join