It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check your weapons!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Not sure were I should put this but here goes.I just flew home from a 10 day holiday in Florida and had a great time.I caught the flight from Orlando to Calgary (Canada) Sunday afternoon.I of course had to clear customs and recheck my bags as I was flying on to Regina .Everything went smooth till going through with my carryon bag with my breathing equipment as I have sleep Apnea.In the bag underneath my CPAP they found my utility tool those combination pliers,screwdrivers and knife.I had thought I had put it in my checked luggage.This is fine and they done their job but what concerns me is that it wasn't found in Orlando.I realise I had made the mistake of having it there and didn't get in trouble but it still really bothers me that it wasn't found in Orlando.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm almost sure they wouldn't have confiscated it, if they did they may/may not have told you of this. They may also have placed it in checked luggage for you, but you either didn't recieve it there, or it was lost. I would bet that they confiscated it and didn't allow it on the plane.

[edit on 12-10-2004 by reflux]

[edit on 12-10-2004 by reflux]

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I've had this exact same experience. I had forgotten that I put my Gerber Multi-plier in a pocket of my laptop case. I only discovered this when it was pointed out by the TSA screeners in the Memphis airport. The downside to this is that after I had put it in my case I had already flown Knoxville to Philadelphia and back with that bag, and the tool, as carry-on. Oops!

I didn't have any checked luggage, so I lost my MP, but it was old and now I have an excuse to buy a new needle-nosed set that I've had my eye on. The TSA staff was very nice about it, btw, but they did unpack every item from my bags I had with me after they found that thing.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by reflux
I'm almost sure they wouldn't have confiscated it...

OF COURSE they would have taken it from him...

hell, they took a pair of nail-clippers away from me, i use them to cut excess string when putting new one on, out from my guitar case. THE GUITAR WAS GOING TO BE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE PLANE!!!

how the heck was i going to get to them!?

even if i did get to them, what did these people think i could possibly do with them!? cut off the pilots fingernails and toenails???

if you ask me i think all this is going a bit too far...

i mean, come on people, who could you possibly hurt with toe-nail clippers!???

[edit on 10/12/2004 by Assassin]

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It wasn't taken away,I offered for them to dispose of it but they offered me to mail it orput it in another of my carryons on check it so thats what I did and have it here at home now.We also had a notice slip that they had gone through one of our checked bags.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
leaving manchester airport (uk) about 4 years ago-flying to portugal,i was carrying an indicator column switch for my friends BMW car in my hand luggage,when it showed up on the x-ray thingy,i was taken into a room and asked to explain what the item was and what i was doing leaving the country with it for! it couldnt have been more simple to understand but they looked and fiddled with it for a good 20min before allowing me to put it in my "hold" luggage-i thought that was a bit OTT but Hey,Ho.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Assassin

Originally posted by reflux
I'm almost sure they wouldn't have confiscated it...

OF COURSE they would have taken it from him...

hell, they took a pair of nail-clippers away from me, i use them to cut excess string when putting new one on, out from my guitar case. THE GUITAR WAS GOING TO BE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE PLANE!!!

how the heck was i going to get to them!?

even if i did get to them, what did these people think i could possibly do with them!? cut off the pilots fingernails and toenails???

if you ask me i think all this is going a bit too far...

i mean, come on people, who could you possibly hurt with toe-nail clippers!???

[edit on 10/12/2004 by Assassin]

That is very odd. I have family members who work for tower companies that have been flying all over the US doing work. They always ship their tools in cases that are sent to the luggage bin and they all carry multi-tools plus tons of other stuff. As long as they don't try to bring it on board in the passenger compartment, they haven't had any trouble.

top topics

join