It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE HORSES are dying...and the stress on America continues.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GareyGaia

I would have to dig it out....just recently moved (yea I know convenient right?) Basically it was done when much of this started. And is based off of the Jet Stream and the layered flow of such. The computer had a problem predicting a stable course for cloud cover and wind speed due to the conflicting info it was being asked to crunch. Which is odd because the info was based off of real time conditions pitted against past weather conditions having been recorded over the course of 50 years. It was a 2 year project for me in compiling info.

The conclusion gave 3 options as due to the sudden change in jet stream pattern it couldn't nail down a specific outcome that was all rose and pretty over time. All of those conclusions have the potential to be cataclysmic over the course of the next 10-20 years as it matters to food harvest, sea life, and people in general.

Basically the model eludes to climate warming that is not specifically driven by the earth on its own. What that means is it is taking into account that outside factors are contributing to the weather patterns and it cannot compute for that....this was 11 months ago.

It also noted what appeared to be a compression of the upper ionosphere over time further shunting the weather patterns into a type of fast moving compressed state causing more severe weather in broader areas of effect.

At least thats the jest of it....keep in mind the model was not complete in the sense that I have yet to add the last 11 months into it..perhaps if I do it can be more clear as to a possible outcome that fits a past senerio already inputted. As it stands....right now it doesn't match anything seen by man in the last 50 years...and is quite extreme.

Again expect it to get worse....then again I don't think we need a model to get the jest of that idea as it stands now.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

You give me ideas friend......I just might do that...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I just posted the jest of the model a few back...I think Im gonna have to dig er out and add some ifo to it and see how it pans...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Actually, the bigger problem here isn't the DROUGHT at all. The bigger problem here is WHY people are abandoning these horses in the first place. The answer is two-fold. Our economy and the stupid, ignorant city folk who thought it should be a crime to slaughter all the pretty ponies -- so they shut down slaughter houses. Before 2007, people could send their horses to the local livestock yard where the horse would be purchased for its meat. Now there's NO outlet for these horses. People who are too broke to feed them are certainly too broke to pay $500 to $1000 to have their animals humanely euthanized. It sickens me, really, what a bunch of bleeding hearts have done to these poor horses. I want to ask each and every one of them: how's your solution to "save the horses" working for you NOW, huh?

Yes, the drought is a big problem, but the root of THIS problem falls squarely on the shoulder of the animal rights terrorists, er, activists.

I will now step down from the soapbox.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
Being a horseowner, I hear from owners in the US a lot on forums and such and am aware the situation has been bad- not just the drought, but even the financial crisis has been a hard hit for many horseowners, suddenly finding themselves unable to afford the care of the livestock.

And unable to send said horse to slaughter. Let's be honest. We wouldn't have concentration camp horses wandering around the states if the slaughter houses were re-opened. Yes, I agree, horses were suffering because of lack of regulations regarding the way slaughter horses were put down, but for GOD'S SAKE, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Slaughter is a necessary part of any livestock operations and horses are LIVESTOCK.

OMGosh. I'm so sorry. I don't mean to take my aggravation out on you, I just get so upset because this is what all of us feared. THIS EXACT PHOTO is what we said would happen ... and it did. But did anybody listen to us when this matter was put on the table back in 2005? No. A bunch of people who don't own horses decided what we can and cannot do. Sad.

edit on 20-8-2012 by PamelaBritton2U because: oops

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by loam

Maybe i'm thinking short term.
However i know for a fact i can get about 350$ for a horse at a local place.

You are VERY lucky to live in a state where you can sell a horse to slaughter. Most of the U.S. no longer has that option.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rossa
reply to post by deadeyedick

I understand exactly what you are saying, while I dont agree with eating horses, many countries do still today. But I can say that when the slaughter market was alive and well in Missouri, alot of the bad bloodlines, and just plain worthless (not my point of view) horses went that way rather than just standing in a pasture starving. I personally would rather see them put down, and go to some good use rather than stand in a barnlot and suffer through starvation

Here, here!

I hear horse meat tastes pretty good, too. I've never had it, not do I ever plan to eat it (unless something drastic happens to our economy), but I've been reassured it's quite tasty. I know, I know ... that's like eating Fido, but there you have it.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
All of the deaths of the birds, dolphins, fish, penguins, horses, buffalo etc... all over the world was predicted in the bible!

Hosea 4 King James Version (KJV)

4 Hear the word of the Lord, ye children of Israel: for the Lord hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.

2 By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood.

3 Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away.

edit on 8/20/2012 by NoSoup4U because: Took red color out of the text.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

there are wild horses on land my brother owns in Presidio, TX - well, they're not always there but sometimes. I wish we could afford to send trucks of water over. We live in Illinois. Its basically wasteland - no idea there were horses til he went to visit the land one day. Very sad.

In the Chicago area, our trees had leaves by early March (usually it's mid April I think) - they've been dying and withering everywhere, juat from a few months of drought.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
There is NO reason for this, fences keep them from water. Grass has continued to grow here in mo. near the rivers.

I have a feeeling this is about the new open regulations on HORSE SLAUGHTER INDUSTRY.

Even before the droughts this was serious stuff, but there seems to be a leniency on abandonment without punishment since the HORSE SLAUGHTER INDUSTRY became BIG BUSINESS.

Not sold in America? Sold in Europe, Asia and other places that are paying FAR MORE than Cattle now.

THIS IS GENOCIDE.

THIS IS AN EXCUSE.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
Yeah, i can see the effects of the drought in the picture you posted. Notice the green grass in the far background of the picture. This is called animal cruelty and should be reported imediately. Where was this pic taken?
Or this could be an actual photo of an old horse.
Or this horse may be sick from something else..

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by PamelaBritton2U

Originally posted by Bluesma
Being a horseowner, I hear from owners in the US a lot on forums and such and am aware the situation has been bad- not just the drought, but even the financial crisis has been a hard hit for many horseowners, suddenly finding themselves unable to afford the care of the livestock.

And unable to send said horse to slaughter. Let's be honest. We wouldn't have concentration camp horses wandering around the states if the slaughter houses were re-opened. Yes, I agree, horses were suffering because of lack of regulations regarding the way slaughter horses were put down, but for GOD'S SAKE, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Slaughter is a necessary part of any livestock operations and horses are LIVESTOCK.

OMGosh. I'm so sorry. I don't mean to take my aggravation out on you, I just get so upset because this is what all of us feared. THIS EXACT PHOTO is what we said would happen ... and it did. But did anybody listen to us when this matter was put on the table back in 2005? No. A bunch of people who don't own horses decided what we can and cannot do. Sad.

edit on 20-8-2012 by PamelaBritton2U because: oops

I know. I am pro-slaughter myself, and spend enough time ranting about the mess that was created by the anti-slaughter laws too. I am aware of the situation from that angle.

(notice I refered to them as "livestock" in my post too- we're on the same side.)
edit on 21-8-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
i have a few thousand acres of land than need to be mowed send them my way

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
There is NO reason for this, fences keep them from water. Grass has continued to grow here in mo. near the rivers.

I have a feeeling this is about the new open regulations on HORSE SLAUGHTER INDUSTRY.

Even before the droughts this was serious stuff, but there seems to be a leniency on abandonment without punishment since the HORSE SLAUGHTER INDUSTRY became BIG BUSINESS.

Not sold in America? Sold in Europe, Asia and other places that are paying FAR MORE than Cattle now.

THIS IS GENOCIDE.

THIS IS AN EXCUSE.

Your "feeling" is not an accurate indicator for choosing your opinion here.
The abandonment grew exponentially when the anti-slaughter laws went into effect (when the slaughterhouses were closed down).
Before that moment, horses that were aged or otherwise unable to work for various reasons would be sold to the slaughterhouse. Now they are abandoned instead. The only other option is euthanasia which is very expensive for the owner.

Some horses get sold illegally to slaughterhouses in Mexico, and spend days packed tightly in trucks without food or water... the ones still alive once reaching Mexico are killed in ways that are not controlled and often unhumane or less effective (not quick and causing suffering).
That happens because of the anti-slaughter laws.
That happens because people make choices based on their "feelings" instead of rational and critical thought and analyzation of reality. and fact.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
the owner needs to be fined for animal cruelty and have the horse removed and taken to animal shelter

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I love horses too. We raised Quarter Horses out of Doc Bar.

This situation is a lot like what the State did in 2004 in the Klamath Basin in Oregon.

Well, its a desert out there! If the infrastucture for getting water to the desert to irrigate is decaying, and it probably is, as weve been spending money at war instead of at home--then so be it. It sucks this seems planned.

But really, what is the issue?

weve always had drouth (this is the actual spelling)
the sun still shines, so the rain still falls. (im in the NW)
the eastern slope in Colorado is desert
texas is a desert
the pumps are turned off
the pumps are decaying

wtf? help me understand!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PamelaBritton2U

yay democracy! (or fascism?)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I am giving up, at least that is how I feel in this moment. Humanity is doomed.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Why, because some horses are going hungry?

I feel bad for them too. However. There are humanbeings starving and dying of thirst all over the world. Fukushima is leaking radiation into the pacific ocean as we speak.

You're correct with your assumption, it's just that the problem is much bigger than horses, who I love and have owned at one time in my life as well. Just saying. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

THIS IS GENOCIDE. THIS IS AN EXCUSE.

Wow. You seriously need to educate yourself. Since the so-called ban was lifted in 2011, NONE of the plants have re-opened. So tell me, how is an industry that has been SHUT DOWN responsible for this travesty? OPEN THE SLAUGHTER PLANTS SO PEOPLE CAN DISPOSE OF THEIR HORSES.

Let me guess. You're one of those "city folk" horse owners, aren't you?
edit on 21-8-2012 by PamelaBritton2U because: for a typo

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join