It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Out There Remember being Taught about the Bermuda Triangle At School ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hi everyone, hot on the heels of my previous stupid question thread Why Are There Fragments Of Willow Pattern China In The Soil ?, I find myself asking yet another crazy question, which hopefully someone out there will know what I'm on about.

So why am I asking if anyone remembers being taught about the Bermuda Triangle ?

Well, picture it......Year 8 Geography lesson (a fair few years ago now), we were being taught about various disappearances, through the less than benevolent triangle, one tale stood out amongst them.

I'm a little hazy on the details, but hopefully someone out there will know what I'm on about.

It was a commercial flight, might have been in the seventies ? I don't think the plane disappeared, but apparently there was a scary sounding voice, either recorded on the black box and/or heard by all on board.

Yep, I know its not a lot to go on, and I have tried to research it,but come up blank, it is possible I am remebering it wrong, the thing I'm not hazy on, was the scary voice.

I hope you guys can help, because it has bugged me for years, to be honest I'm not 100% it wasn't just a story, I just remember learning about it in the geography lesson, which generally speaking deals in fact, but it may well be a story, or perhaps anecdotal evidence I just don't know.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed any light

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

I do not recall any discussion of the Bermuda Triangle in school,but as an adult I have thoroughly researched the subject as i find it quite interesting.I do recall a similar sounding story,but not sure where or when I heard it.I believe the incident,as I recall,ocurred in the 80's.I do not think cockpit voice recorders were used in 70's.But I could be wrong.Sorry.Not any help at all,I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mardukiscoming

Ah, now that is a help, because you're probably right, about it being the eighties, I just couldn't remember the era, I'm glad you remember something similar, any ideas where I can find the story on the net ?

Could you share what you recall ?

I guess the Bermuda Triangle wasn't on everyone's syllabus

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
We learned about it in school as well. I do not recall your particular story though. I hope someone can because it sounds really interesting.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

I am sorry,my friend,but I cannot recall any more than you.I will do some reseach and get back to you later.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
We discussed it in junior school science, but they didn't go into great detail.
Don't know if this is much help, but all I can find is about the British South American Airways that operated the route.

news.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

join