It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Humans with "superpowers?"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
So, I was thinking lately. I have been watching the show "Alphas," on the Psyfy channel. Is it possible that people could have developed some sort of "powers?" I heard back in March 2011, but I can't find the story anywhere, about some girl in India(?), that could light fires with her mind. She was a three year old who randomly started fires around her. Is there anyone who has any examples, or stories that they would be willing to share? IN thinking it seems logical that someone in the world has developed some sort of strange power. Not flying, or anything extreme, but... seeing electromagnetic signals, heightened vision, or smell, telekinesis, pyrokinesis, things like that... things that just take current skills we have, and heighten them to an extreme sense. It seems plausible.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
They are called siddhis and probably are occurring more often in a regular (as opposed to the monk who has made it his lifes work) population as we reach higher levels of vibration as a whole.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have a super power. Sometimes if conditions are right I can leave a fart and clear out everyone within twenty feet. It's a great way to clear the line in front of you.
Everyone seems to remember they forgot to get something and returns to shopping.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm form a family of extremely flexible people--those you call double-jointed. For instance, my hips are double-jointed. The reason for this is I got the genes for my pelvic socket from the larger parent, and the balls to my thigh-bones form the smaller parent. It's a defect. Most "super powers" like this are defects.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I have a "superpower" if you want to call it that.

I can look into the possible futures, and by looking at the worst possible outcomes, I actually prevent them from happening. It's by the law of probability. By "predicting" an uncertain outcome, the chance of it happening decreases exponentially. If what I saw actually happened, it would make me a precog. But, thankfully, I'm not.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dextraphite

Developing superpowers? Entirely plausible...I'm sure bi-pedal walking and opposeable thumbs would be considered "super powers" to creatures who didn't have those wonderful traits.

If you were to interview a neanderthal I'm pretty sure he would think of modern man as a super-hero...with all that language and communication we do...an Olympic gymnast would probably be perceived as having "super-powers"...

who knows...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Yes, i have heard about this. I am doing a project right now on ''super powers''. If its real, the what causes it, how do you obtain it if its not generic, what can you do with it. If you know anyone who has a "super power'' email them to me. I may sound a little cucu but I've been trying to do stuff like Telekinesis, pryokinesis, levitation, hydrokinesis, etc. If anyone wants to help on the project then message me.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

True true, but it is an interesting thing to think about. Yes and to the person with double joints, I would think that if certain people certain genes can mix and make incredible traits.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Try Vaporizing a cloud for starters.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am not convinced that this is "Superhuman", rather than the fact that most folks
are so "dumbed down", they do not realize their abilities and potential.

Give it a shot, it's free.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Here's a thread from the paranormal studies forum. Started in 2004, it's a bit overwhelming with over 1700 replies and 80 plus pages. Also, it's essentially dead with posts now dating months apart.

About real life super powers

So I'm glad this topic is being discussed more in a current thread...

I'm of the opinion that a man can do pretty much anything. Also, the term superpower is very relative to what is considered normal in the current mind...For example if in a thousand years technology was developed in line with projections, a person could easily be augmented with internet access in the brain, fast self healing, better mobility maybe even flying, all while maintaining essentially the same appearance we have now. So if someone were to develop time travel and come back here, they could be viewed as superhuman despite being normal in their own time....

Or there could be secret groups with better technology existing in the world today, who knows?

Or these powers could be the result of enhanced energetic states relating to philosophy.

Or maybe, higher beings could turn a human into a toy of sorts and have them do things considered to be supernatural...

So in all, I'd say the possibility of humans having super power is greater than the possibility of figuring out their origin.

Would a team of super heroes in the public realm be beneficial to society? If it happened I'd venture to guess that many on ATS would spin it into a paranoid scenario of the few ruling the many.
edit on 19-8-2012 by MassOccurs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I knew a guy once that had superpowers.... his tie got caught in the shredder at the office and since he was in his alias he parished. He could of saved himself but did not want to give away his secret identity. So was the life of PAPERMAN........Later he was recycled into a paper mache doll but would never return to fight crime. You might want to every so often check for paper cuts....you never know!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I think it would be amazing to have some kind of super power! The only problem is that if it ever got out that it was "you" you'd be in big trouble. Every agency on the planet would try and kidnap you to figure out your power. So if you used it you'd have to be very careful. My only problem is I'm so lazy that even if I had one I'm not sure how often I'd use it.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Telekinesis and psychokinesis are probably the most extreme a superhuman power would get.Telekinesis is definitely the strongest and most likely the deadliest of any ability.....

Now imagine that in TPTB's hands. A horrid thought, so if they do exist, most of them are in hiding for fear of exploitation and experimentation.

Would you want to be used as a weapon by someone to enforce an agenda against your own people?

We need the x-men,
Mike

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MassOccurs
Here's a thread from the paranormal studies forum. Started in 2004, it's a bit overwhelming with over 1700 replies and 80 plus pages. Also, it's essentially dead with posts now dating months apart.

About real life super powers

So I'm glad this topic is being discussed more in a current thread...

I'm of the opinion that a man can do pretty much anything. Also, the term superpower is very relative to what is considered normal in the current mind...For example if in a thousand years technology was developed in line with projections, a person could easily be augmented with internet access in the brain, fast self healing, better mobility maybe even flying, all while maintaining essentially the same appearance we have now. So if someone were to develop time travel and come back here, they could be viewed as superhuman despite being normal in their own time....

Or there could be secret groups with better technology existing in the world today, who knows?

Or these powers could be the result of enhanced energetic states relating to philosophy.

Or maybe, higher beings could turn a human into a toy of sorts and have them do things considered to be supernatural...

So in all, I'd say the possibility of humans having super power is greater than the possibility of figuring out their origin.

Would a team of super heroes in the public realm be beneficial to society? If it happened I'd venture to guess that many on ATS would spin it into a paranoid scenario of the few ruling the many.
edit on 19-8-2012 by MassOccurs because: (no reason given)

I have honestly always considered this theory, i just haven't realized that many others had thought of the same lol

Great in my opinion.

Mike

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I can read minds. People dont like it when i tell them i know theyre lying. Theyll lie again and say they were teloing the truth, and later i find out im right. It really freaks people the hell out, so i just keep my mouth shut.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You should check out the show with Stan Lee regarding this very topic. Most of the people don't have super powers like you see in comics, but they can do extraordinary things most humans cannot. Pretty intereseting to say the least.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

Ya that is my opinion of it. Apparently many people think it is fantasy only.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
No human has super powers. Except Rasputin.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Over the summer i got some "power" that allows me to know exactly whats coming out of a persons mouth as there talking. For example i can play a random song and i'll know every lyric to the song as the songs being played. Or i can watch a movie and know exactly what there going to say as there talking. Its a trip!!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I have a pretty strange story to tell

It was my 18th birthday
My parents have me a car that day

So the first thing I do was get drunk with a few friends , I ended up crashing into a mother vehicle later that day

That accident put me into a coma for just over a week
The doctors told my parents that I had a serious neck injury and that they were not capable of helping me
So they sent me of to another "hospital" near by for two days until I was returned

Luckly I survived and my friends just received minor injuries
I was fined too

I thought that everything was going to go back to normal after that
But what I found quite odd
Is that the ex-ray photos showed no evidence of any neck injury

What was even more fishy is that the other "hospital"
that they sent me too
Was nowhere to be seen

i live in a city in Southern Africa called Cape Town
The closest "special" hospital is about 5 hours out of the city

Don't think that the city is just bush
It's pretty much like Miami in a way

So anyway
Long story short my belongings were kept with me the entire time
That includes me phone
I have an app that keeps track of the locations I occupy for more than 6 hours

And checking later on my most recent location
It shows that I was at some strange reasearch center just on the outskirts of town
(Behind table mountain for any of you who have been there)

I'm too weary of giving the name of that research center here
But whoever is interested, message me

So , I eventually forgot about it
Until a few months later

I joined a boxing club
I self like I was fully healed after that
I was probably the weakest of the bunch
The would always refer to me as "the skinny white kid"
Now I wasn't A skeleton
But I wasn't very muscular either
I'm sort of that cross country build

So one day I was set to soar with this guy
We sparred for a few moments
My punches barley had an affect on this guy

I asked him to refrain from punching me in the head
But guess where he always aimed for .
He started laughing about the whole thing
As he kept on punching in the head over and over

Then all of a sudden things went into what I can best describe as slow motion .
It was really strange

So I punched him in the chest
And he flew back about a meter

Shortly after he fell
That slow motion sensation stopped

I was really freaked out out by the whole thing

That was the first of many incidents

Another memorable moment was there was a riot my university
I'm not even kidding
Search up "South African university riots"
Me and my friend where out of class that day due to the riots so we went for a road trip to a nearby river with a waterfall
My dad used to take me fishing there when I was very young

We climbed up the side of the mountain
So we could jump off the waterfall
It was pretty high up

We jumped off a couple of times
But the one time we were climbing back up
My friend slipped
He was still wet from the river

His first instinct was to grab me
We both fell and landed into the shallow side of the water
We sort of rolled in the air , making me the first one to hit the ground
I fell really hard
And my friend fell on top of me
I somewhat reduced his fall damage

My arm was clearly broken
My friend called the nearby fire watch
He confirmed it

The both picked me up to the car
And drove me to the hospital
Not long on the way
All the pain gradually stopped
I just blamed it on shock though

By the time we reached the hospital
And they checked my arm
They said that it wasn't broken
I just had heavy brushing that vanished within two days

The more time went on
The more frequently these incidents happened
Most of them were very petty and not worth mentioning
But I seem to experience the slow motion effect whenever I get stressed or afraid
And I seem to have abonormal streanght when i get hurt

I know this is a very long post and few will read it
But for those of you that got this far
I thank you for your time
And I apologize for all the spelling errors
I only noticed them now
But I'm writing this on my smart phone
And I'm not very accurate with touch screen

I just wanted to ask for your opinions
And if anyone experienced a similar thing that I did
Thanks for your help

edit on 8-11-2016 by Scriptrunz because: I just wanted to elaborate on my story