It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the most genuine person in the field of UFOs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
I can't believe this thread. Hardly mentioning JACQUES VALLEE.

HANDS DOWN, It's Jacques Vallee.

I concur. This guy has it all. Next would be Dr. J Allen Hynek.

Damn good thread.
But you need to make them a little longer.

SnF
edit on 19-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

He still bills himself as a nuclear scientist when he's been a ufologist about twice as long as he ever worked in real science.
I sold my old car. Does that make me a professional automotive salesperson?
A friend of mine with a Cesna let me work the controls of the aircraft for a few minutes after we were up in the air. Does that make me a professional pilot now?
When I was a teen, I did some babysitting. Does that make me a child care professional?

Your examples are very weak! Friedman was in to nuclear physics
for 14 years, working for top companies. With your exampmes, it
sounds like you are trying to say he juat dabbled in it, which is
completly wrong. For someone who worked in that area for 14
years, phd and all, then yes, he is a nuclear physicist.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
How could i forget the main man of the moment, who speaks more sense than the other top 5 put together Mr.Dolan. I think i was that caught up in the moment on about the UFOlogists that had already been mentioned he totally slipped my mind. If you dont know or have never heard of Dolan then may i suggest google.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
By strict definition, I suppose Barry Greenwood should be rated No. 1 in this regard, since he deals just in government documents from government sources and points out things that are without question true and suspicious, like his finding that every U.S. military aircraft manual has a section on UFO reporting procedure. Other ufologists have made FOIA requests and found interesting things, but there's a certain purity in being limited to that approach, since Mr. Greenwood has the luxury of dealing only in facts (the existence of documents and the runaround he experienced persuing such documents).

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

By the way, Stanton Friedman also worked on Apollo 12.
That's something not often mentioned or acknowledged about him.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno
How could i forget the main man of the moment, who speaks more sense than the other top 5 put together Mr.Dolan. I think i was that caught up in the moment on about the UFOlogists that had already been mentioned he totally slipped my mind. If you dont know or have never heard of Dolan then may i suggest google.

I like Dolan and his UFOs and the National Security State volumes were great works. However at one time he was prepared to state what he knew and speculate on things he thought he knew.

Nowadays I fear that his high profile has meant he has been "got at" by agents of disinformation and he tends to speculate on what he thinks he knows a lot more these days.

I think Timothy Good in the UK has done some fantastic research but his high profile leaves him open to the "disinfo" agents as well.

Both writers are informative and entertaining but not everything they write can be treated as gospel.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

He still bills himself as a nuclear scientist when he's been a ufologist about twice as long as he ever worked in real science.
I sold my old car. Does that make me a professional automotive salesperson?
A friend of mine with a Cesna let me work the controls of the aircraft for a few minutes after we were up in the air. Does that make me a professional pilot now?
When I was a teen, I did some babysitting. Does that make me a child care professional?

Your examples are very weak! Friedman was in to nuclear physics
for 14 years, working for top companies. With your exampmes, it
sounds like you are trying to say he juat dabbled in it, which is
completly wrong. For someone who worked in that area for 14
years, phd and all, then yes, he is a nuclear physicist.

Yes, Stanton Friedman has credibility.

His impressive work experience is noted on Wikipedia.

He has said he believes in the - beamship - cigar shaped UFOs.
- Stanton Friedman - Wiki

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Richard Dolan
Stanton Friedman
Kevin Randle (kind of funny since him and Friedman have a rivalry going of sorts on the Roswell/MJ12 stuff)

I think the three guys above are likely the most level headed UFO researchers in the field.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

You requested opinions, in no particular order:
George Knapp
Timothy Good
Richard Dolan
And I would add Linda Moulton Howe
www.earthfiles.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
I like George Knapp. He seems particularly sincere and open-minded imo.

I agree, I have loved his interviews with other ufo authors etc. His interview with the authors of "Aliens in The Forest" to me is a must listen. It should be available on YouTube from coast to coast. I have to say that interview really did intrigue me. . His backing up Bob Lazar with more info on his legitimacy helped me respect bob and give him more credence. Because he had a lot to contend with, with Stanton Friedman. George does his homework. He has put out a great best ufo video that is excellent as well., He seems to have wisdom that I don't see in many other reporters. He works for a prominent TV station in Las Vegas and is highly respected in mainstream tv.

I have to say I adore Linda Moulton Howe, I've actually read on ATS that some are knocking her, I think that is a grave mistake. He is a graduate of Stanford Un.in communications I can't wait to hear her on Coast to Coast when she is on one thursday a month. The whistleblowers that come to her (she makes sure she acquires their verifications etc. When she is on C to C, she usually gives 3 great presentations and one or two is usually about incredible kick a$$ material. I have heard her talk about a prison guard that saw a ufo craft uncloak itself, a whistleblower that saw a ufo break into a military silo etc. Just can't say enough about her either.

But I do highly respect Stanton Friedman, I think he is one of the best. I just don't agree with him on Bob Lazar.
edit on 22-8-2012 by thetiler because: added thought

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

This man IMO Stanton Friedman

But then again Nick Pope is a decent bloke also.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

This is a great thread. I will post which researcher/investigator has the most votes in a little while but my votes are:

1. Richard Dolan
2. Leslie Kean

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
While these votes are all subjective, these are what we have so far from ATSers:

Name ("Thumbs up" vote / "Thumbs down" vote / Net positive votes)
1. Richard Dolan (8 / 1 / 7)
2. George Knapp (6 / 0 / 6)
3. Stanton Friedman (10 / 5 / 5)
4. Timothy Good (6 / 1/ 5)
5. Nick Pope (6 / 3 / 3)
6. J. Allen Hynek (3 / 0 / 3)
7. Jacques Vallee (3 / 0 / 3)
8. Linda Moulton Howe (2 / 0 / 2)

Others mentioned were: Ted Phillips, Richard Haines, Karla Turner, Bill Birnes, Ruben Uriarte, Billy Meier, Lou Baldwin, David Clarke, John Leer, Mike Swords, Mark Pilkington, Isaac Koi, Greg Bishop, Jerome Clarke, Constance Clear, Barry Greenwood, Kevin Randle, Leslie Kean.

What does this prove? Nothing really. Just really a popularity contest amont ATSers on who they feel are "genuine researchers" in the UFOlogy field.

It would be nice for fence sitters and chronic debunkers/skeptics such as Druscilla and Beaver to comment on who they feel are "genuine" resources to the field of UFO but I am not holding my breath on it.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
Hi all first post,

Would love peoples opinions on the most credible person in the field of UFO's today, I for one am sick of wading through the slim and filth of most of them and would like to hear about people that are genuinely respected in the field and peoples AVOID lists as well. Am relatively new to all this so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
edit on 18-8-2012 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

I am going to have to give Leslie Kean the nod as the most credible in the field. Why her? Her book has done the best job of not only stripping "the slime and filth" from the UFO phenomena, but also because of the excellent case presentations, supported by her high journalistic quality, has seriously raised the credibility of the UFO phenomena where it needs to be directed: towards the mainstream public. Her book has not been a New York Times bestseller for no reason.

As for the avoid list, I'm going to go with Greer. The guy had his high point in 2001 with the Disclosure Project, but it fell apart, and he has since then gone off the deep end badly.
edit on 22-8-2012 by fockewulf190 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
^ Leslie is indeed one of the serious researchers, good choice.

I have no one to worship, so there is no one I believe 100% or even 70%, Probably Robert Hastings, for the nuclear sites UFOs and some deep things he's uncovered regarding some disinfos.

Basically, the less you appear on the TV, the more credible you are

Did you read that, James Maussan? lol
edit on 22-8-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Good post, well said.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Ed Ruppelt
Allen J Hyneck
Richard Haines
Jenny Randles
The British policeman who focuses on police reports
Leslie Kean
Ted Phillips

Stanton Friedman for his longetivity, but I think he has strayed into fantasy with his Roswell crash conspiracy theories.
Jacques Vallees theories about the paranormal are no use to scientific investigation. Nick Pope is not objective either.
Timothy Good got me into Ufology with his fascinating books, but the whole MJ12 thing is a bit of a joke.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It's kind of sad that we need a thread like this. Not that there's anything wrong with it OP but just for the fact that this field is so muddied with folks who operate based on back-facing exhaust-redirection (read: blowing smoke up one's ass) that the REAL researchers and investigators sometimes get lost.

For me, personally, I like Friedman for his investigations and thoroughness but hands-down, Timothy Good can spin a hell of a tale and I enjoy his books.

For the most genuine person, I simply look in the mirror. Who's eyes would you trust more?

edit on 23-8-2012 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Colonel Billie Faye Woodard probably tells more about UFO's and probably has experience flying them. This character looks like he's on the crazy side, and sometimes sounds like he's really on the crazy side, but I think he know's more than others. If you don't mind listening to his different experiences about different things during an interview, you will hear some wild stories about his experiences and knowledge of UFO's, alien bases and etc..

Videos start here:

www.youtube.com...

and here:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-8-2012 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Every researcher makes mistakes. Maybe the most interesting person in the field was the alleged MJ-12 member Eric A. Walker. I believe he was (maybe) the real deal.
www.presidentialufo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join