It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US appeal on DotCom evidence dismissed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

US appeal on DotCom evidence dismissed

www.stuff.co.nz

A New Zealand judge has upheld a decision that the US Government must reveal the information it has gathered about Dotcom which forms the basis of its court case in the US against him.

The United States had sought to judicially review the decision saying it was unprecedented in New Zealand law. It said there was no requirement to reveal its case to Dotcom as it pursued an order to have him extradited back to the US to face copyright charges.

This afternoon Justice Helen Winkelmann dismissed the application for review saying without disclosure Dotcom and his co-accused would be consider
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It is good to see someone sticking up for "natural justice" - the cheek of a govt trying to say that someone doesn't need to see the evidence against them in order to defend themselves is quite astonishing, moreso since they weer willing to try this on in a foreign court in the full glare of high publicity!!

Not sure how well is attempt to get access to his assets will go tho - the main beneficiary of that would seem to be his lawyers, so I guess at least they have an incentive to argue hard!!

www.stuff.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I would think that if the charges are all dropped they have to give the money back.

I'm no expert on international law, but if the courts say he didn't do anything wrong, how could they justify keeping it?

They got what they wanted, he's shut down, anything else is just a bonus for them. They don't even care that the warrants were deemed improper, can't unscrew that virgin.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Kim has been winning at every turn.
It won't be long before his persecution is exposed for the industry-driven, government-led attack on individual freedom and innovation that it is.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I have said it before , this could blow up in there face. If dotcom wins or is released then they will have opened Pandora's door for the hosting sites.

new topics

top topics

join