It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter on Voter Intimidation to AFL-CIO President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
To: Interested Parties
Date: 10/11/04
Re: Violence At Republican And Bush-
Cheney '04 Campaign Headquarters
Across The Country

Below is the text of a letter sent by Bush-Cheney '04 Campaign Chairman Governor Marc Racicot to AFL-CIO President John Sweeney via fax at 10:15 a.m. today. The letter asks Sweeney to put an end to protest activities that have led to injuries, property damage, vandalism and voter intimidation at Bush-Cheney '04 and Republican Party offices around the country.

Bush-Cheney '04 has created a hotline for victims of voter intimidation to report what happened. The hotline, 1-888-303-7125, will begin operation at 11:00 a.m. today.

www.georgewbush.com...

HeHe I know many union giys voting for Bush. That is funny as they dont mention it at work but only among the friends they can trust. HAHA this is so funny!

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Voter intimidation didn't seem to matter when it happened down in Florida when it benefited Bush. Why should I or anyone care now when it benefits Kerry?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Voter intimidation didn't seem to matter when it happened down in Florida when it benefited Bush. Why should I or anyone care now when it benefits Kerry?

Its who the letter is to that I find funny. They spend their union dues on Kerry when a great many of them cant stand the man!

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
There are two members of my 350 person local who are voting for Bush. Well, maybe three, one guy keeps changing back and forth. Not what I would call many.

Oh, and it's EX-Governor Marc Racicot. We kicked his silly butt right out of the state. (it's pronounced Roscoe somehow)

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
itposted twice for some reason.

[edit on 10/12/2004 by Montana]

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I worked for a company that was union and I could never understand why they so openly supported Clinton who so happily signed NAFTA into law.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
There are two members of my 350 person local who are voting for Bush.

At least thats what they are telling you, you wouldnt want to make your brothers mad now would you. I see it all the time. Its the quiet ones that you never can tell.......

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I never could figure that one either. But I know that a few Dems lost the next election around here for supporting it.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
At least thats what they are telling you, you wouldnt want to make your brothers mad now would you. I see it all the time. Its the quiet ones that you never can tell.......

Ah, so everyone who doesn't stand in the street screaming out who they are going to vote for is a Bush supporter? Not likely. Actually, we are quite open about these things. Those who support Bush aren't looked down on or otherwise despised. Most of us are grownups and can have a difference of opinion without causing problems.

Absence of proof is not proof.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

Ah, so everyone who doesn't stand in the street screaming out who they are going to vote for is a Bush supporter? Not likely. Actually, we are quite open about these things. Those who support Bush aren't looked down on or otherwise despised. Most of us are grownups and can have a difference of opinion without causing problems.

Absence of proof is not proof.

Well I can understand that and for the most part agree. But you never know what they do in the booth. I work at a place that I ahve to be PC, and I am very poor at it. But there are lots of folks taht just will not discuss it.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Absence of proof is not proof. Well, there goes Bush's chances. Also any religon, ever. Hell, there goes the whole "Guns are dangerous" idea to. Well, fine, using your so called "Absence of proof is not proof" I will debate this.

Who in a union supports the man who wants to send your job overseas? Who the hell is being intimidated? The people wearing band-aids with purple hearts on them or the ones wearing flip flops?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Who in a union supports the man who wants to send your job overseas? Who the hell is being intimidated?

Well I will take a hit here but what the heck its bedtime.

Economics 101....

YOu cant afford to pay people $45 an hour to do work that can be done for $12 hour in an open market. It is called subsdizing. It makes you uncompetive. Lots of time, the workers refuse to take cuts when their job is at stake, look at Steel a year ago ( I was a casulty).

Not that exporting jobs is great but some need to be, and our workers need new and better ones. It is a global market like it or not. I will put the American worker up against any other for productivity, its just we cant pay these outrageous wages anymore if we expect to compete.

So what, we start trade wars and massive tarriffs?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
You are comparing apples and oranges when you compare markets. Yes you can get it done for $12 an hours. Thats because where the person lives they don't have to pay $800 to $1200 a month for rent, $100 a month for electricity, $100 a month for car insurance, $400 a month for group medical coverage, etc. You could pay people here $12 an hour too if they only had to pay $200 a month rent. But when you aren't talking about like economic systems you can't compare wages either. Its like comparing the wage of someone working in Hicksville, IN to that of someone working in Huntington Beach, CA.

But don't ship your product or service job out of country to be done at $12 an hour and bring it back into the country to sell at the same price you were selling it for when you were paying $45 an hour and expect the now unemployed person to buy it.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Well, edsinger, I guess the obvious question is.......

How is having to go from a $45/hr job -that you have studied and worked for years to be able to hold- to the $10/hr job that replaces it 'new and better'?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Montana... have you noticed that the quality of products you buy and the quality of service you receive across the board seems to have gone down hill in a huge way.... but the prices haven't. Also those responsible for shifting the jobs out of the country are making obscene profits.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I notice people paid $20+ dollars an hour to stand there while others do the work, either because it is not in their job description (non team player) or because they have to make the job at hand last.

Yup Unions, good thing they are on the way out.....They still have a purpose, but the power behind them leads to corruption and, maybe a cleaning of teh house so to speak.

top topics

join