It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know what this symbol means, or where it is from?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gopher mines

I would say the goats head looks a lot like the many images of Baphomet!

sorry cant get the link up but google baphomet and you will see how closely they resemble each other.

Spooky

edit on 14-8-2012 by fenian8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Cool thanks. Sorry for doubting you. That is actually a better image to work from.

It certainly looks very sinister. I'd be getting rid of it or purifying it in some way. It could have some dark energy attached to it.

* Peace

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
You might also want to look at this...or maybe ask some of the freemasons on here as to the representation as i have located this for you...scroll down and look at some of the pins...and also being it was on a pendleton hat ...and that it might be bapomet it might all start to fit together

Masons

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I asked a friend of mine (who is a mason) if he recognized it, and he didn't. I took this picture so he could send it to his friend who is into the occult / secret societies, etc.. Haven't heard back from him yet though. Was hoping the ATS community could help.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Are there any marking on the back?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
After viewing pages upon pages on Goat pendants and Baphomets, I'm convinced its a regular goat. It doesn't look very sinister, and the Bathomet usually has elongated/ curved horns.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Well just because it is so hard to find...I would think you have a rare bit of kit there for a very good price...and I hope you find out more about it...you have tweaked my interest and will keep looking...and hopefully someone on here can find out more for you...not sure i helped at all...but I am sure someone will know....be patient...it will come....going to star and flag it so it might draw in more queries.....cheers for showing it.
edit on 063131p://f03Tuesday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the star sign Capricorn, days gone by the loved all that and could have been very special to someone....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm not an expert but I have seen a lot of movies on satanism...

It looks like Baphomet, the pagan deity, at the bottom and the 'scene' above the goat head is something being prepared over a fire, I can only assume being symbolic of something else not having to do ostensibly with the act of cooking.

What is important aside from the head is what is in the contents of the pot...

Because this is unknown I would speculate that it is akin to bringing separate entities together in a pot to meld them alchemically - like the oven alchemists use except this is a pot.

All I got..

Perhaps if we could see the hat it was with, or you could post a picture of the back of the item..
edit on 14-8-2012 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
On the back it says (R) oTo 10K

The hat looks exactly like this one:

Except someone had sewn the two top parts together with green thread.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gopher mines

I believe that only means it is 10 karat white gold.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

The Baphomet reference is interesting ( goats head on bottom of icon)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I found these two images on a quick search, but unfortunately could not get much information about what they actually are........

The first image has both a cauldron/cooking pot and a goat/rams skull.....

The second image is a cauldron full off skeletons being prodded down by a couple of devil like like creatures. Obviously they are not goats/rams, but they do have horns. Going by what is written at the top is the word ENFERNO, so I presume the 2nd picture has to do with hell in some way.......

I will try and see if I can find anything else to try and work out what the symbol from the pin that the OP bought actually means..........

edit on 14-8-2012 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gopher mines

Hmmm...oto...Ordo Templi Orientis?

Ordo Templi Orientis (O.T.O.) (Order of the Temple of the East, or the Order of Oriental Templars) is an international fraternal and religious organization founded at the beginning of the 20th century. English author and occultist Aleister Crowley has become the most well-known member of the order. en.wikipedia.org...

Could be, eh?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I've seen that symbol somewhere while researching not that long ago. I was looking at a site of not that old symbols. I think Johny may be right with this one.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Hi Dave the Bear--

Good catch with the first engraving you posted - the bronze cast image on the pin at the beginning of this threadlet seems to be related to an ancient Greek witchcraft / mythological tale of Medea & the Goat i.e. a story of death and rebirth / resurrection and eternal life within nature = hence the ‘circular’ (i.e. eternal zodiac, wheel of life etc.) evergreen-wreath images around the images in the casting.

In ancient Greek vase paintings (see below) the witch Medea rejuvenates an old Goat (cf: Capricorn = goat = when the sun dies on Dec 21st and is reborn on Dec 25th during that Sign in the Sky) into a young Goat by casting a magic spell with the old goat still in a cauldron over a fire – she holds a knife with which she killed the goat, and the kid (i.e. a young goat) inside the cauldron is the old goat reborn.

Sometimes the goat is depicted on similar vases with Media casting a magic fertility spell over a ram and a lamb instead of a goat – using the symbol of Spring (Aries – Ram, March 21st = when Nature/Fertility is ‘reborn’ upon the earth in the northern hemisphere (cf: the so-called Book of Revelation, which makes use of death and rebirth images ‘of the slain Passover spring-lamb’ i.e. in a Jewish-Messianic context – but on a Daviddic throne not in a pot).

At any rate, the image is pre-Christian in origin and feeds into Wiccan fertility imagery about the new year (where old ideas/cares/worries/the past) are ritually thrown into a pot at Yule, which is fed by the Yule Log (which burns the night of Dec 25th, the birthday of the sun god when the 'days begin to grow longer again' at least in the northern hemisphere where these mythologies took root centuries before Judaeism and Christianity came to Europe.

Scroll down about half way until you see the Ram/Goat in the Pot and Medea busily working her Fertility Eternal Life Resurrection Magick...

creativityandhealing-kalina.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

The story about how Jason and Medea killed Pelias is ALWAYS a RAM. Also the ancient Greeks didn't practice Wicca although they were certainly pagans.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

well that does fit into what i had posted about the masons imagery on this site...It is a asian order of the masons I do think it is something to do with the freemasons....

Southeast asian news

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by
reply to post by davethebear

Hi Dave the Bear--

Good catch with the first engraving you posted - the bronze cast image on the pin at the beginning of this threadlet seems to be related to an ancient Greek witchcraft / mythological tale of Medea & the Goat i.e. a story of death and rebirth / resurrection and eternal life within nature = hence the ‘circular’ (i.e. eternal zodiac, wheel of life etc.) evergreen-wreath images around the images in the casting.

In ancient Greek vase paintings (see below) the witch Medea rejuvenates an old Goat (cf: Capricorn = goat = when the sun dies on Dec 21st and is reborn on Dec 25th during that Sign in the Sky) into a young Goat by casting a magic spell with the old goat still in a cauldron over a fire – she holds a knife with which she killed the goat, and the kid (i.e. a young goat) inside the cauldron is the old goat reborn.

Sometimes the goat is depicted on similar vases with Media casting a magic fertility spell over a ram and a lamb instead of a goat – using the symbol of Spring (Aries – Ram, March 21st = when Nature/Fertility is ‘reborn’ upon the earth in the northern hemisphere (cf: the so-called Book of Revelation, which makes use of death and rebirth images ‘of the slain Passover spring-lamb’ i.e. in a Jewish-Messianic context – but on a Daviddic throne not in a pot).

At any rate, the image is pre-Christian in origin and feeds into Wiccan fertility imagery about the new year (where old ideas/cares/worries/the past) are ritually thrown into a pot at Yule, which is fed by the Yule Log (which burns the night of Dec 25th, the birthday of the sun god when the 'days begin to grow longer again' at least in the northern hemisphere where these mythologies took root centuries before Judaeism and Christianity came to Europe.

Scroll down about half way until you see the Ram/Goat in the Pot and Medea busily working her Fertility Eternal Life Resurrection Magick...

creativityandhealing-kalina.blogspot.com...

Hi Sigismundus,

Wow, most of the things you mentioned above I actually looked at during my search for info around the goat/ram and the cauldron/cooking pot on the net, but I actually thought that I was looking in the wrong area.......

But amazing how something such as this can bring new ventures into topics you wouldn't usually be wrapped up in, but I have found all this really interesting and shall read more now...........

I am still intrigued to actually find out where the actual hat pin came about and who it was made for, where it was made and why.....

I suppose that's the detective in me that always tries and searches for info to drive the discussion forward. I love to piece together facts.....I have always been a firm believer that if you never ask questions then you will never find an answer. It's no good pretending you know something otherwise you will never progress your learning. Unfortunately some people try and put across that they know it all when in fact they know f**k all, and that's a damn shame.....

Will keep looking my friend.........

<< 1    3  4 >>

join