It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi-Arabia to build a city only for women!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Human trafficking comes to mind

U.N. Commission Calls for Legalizing Prostitution Worldwide
cnsnews.com...

There is a pattern here.

edit on 083131p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

First, it won't be a true city. People live in a city. People go to school, shop and entertain themseleves in a city.This will be a collection of buildings where women are shipped off to during the day to work.

Second, how will this city be operated, policed and maintained without men? Those women have been denied the education and training to do any of these things.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

If they legalize prostitution then the governments will be involved (taxes, regulations, safety) and the 'human trafficking' won't go away but may change for the better by, hopefully, creating more safety for the women.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
This one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

First, it won't be a true city. People live in a city. People go to school, shop and entertain themseleves in a city.This will be a collection of buildings where women are shipped off to during the day to work.

Second, how will this city be operated, policed and maintained without men? Those women have been denied the education and training to do any of these things.

These women are educated, they also have religious police, Mutaween, some of which are women.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by InTheLight

Then it 's the same-old, same-old? From all accounts I've read, the foreign women workers are already housed separately and their movements and dress are highly restricted. Can you provide a link that says this is for foreign workers?

I think it's more to do with common sense. Why would women from Saudi families and working families be shipped of to a different city, while their husband and kids remain in a completely different house?
Please provide me with these accounts.

Then I invite you to go back and read the article where it says

The Saudi Industrial Property Authority (Modon) has been asked to bring the country at par with the rest of the modern world by building the all women city, with construction to begin next year, according to a Saudi media report.

Why are we to infer from this that it only refers to workers brought into the country?
edit on 18-8-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by aboutface

I hope all the women that live there end up trying to get independence. That's one rebellion I'd feel good about supporting.

For real. All the women in SA should move to these cities........we will see how long it will take the men to whimper for them to come back. The men might actually have to work and help around the household and treat their wives as equals.

Its not for Saudi women! Its for expatriate women working in industries!! Qatar is making a city for workers. Is ATS going on about how cruel and un equal that is?

Please read the article again?

There will be women-run firms and production lines for women. As part of a mass overhaul of its workforce and its bid to get women into work, the state is also attempting to replace foreign salespeople with Saudi women.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
why is such a ridiculous regime allowed to remain in power religious zealots should not be allowed to rule nations because when they do you get stupid crap like this. and no i am not anti muslim or anti religion i just do not believe god allah jyeoweh or whatever you call him or her wouold want anything remotely like this. this is going to cause all sorts of problems for this society if you segregate the sexes to tthis extreme. whats going to happen the men really are not going to relate to women in any other fashion then indentured servants at best or cattle for breeding at worst. why the hell are we worried about freeing egypt and syria and iran when it really is saudi arabia who needs regime change the most . after 911 attack when should of tore through that country because their religious zealots orchestrated the whole attack. not irag , iran , afganistan or, syria ,or eygpt no saudi zealots.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

If you look at the big picture there, these regimes and attitudes are being assaulted by people from all parts of the world - simply by their prescence in their country and these expatriots bring with them their cultures. Don't underestimate the women in Saudi and other countries, they do protest and demand equal rights where they feel injustice lies, but the physical covering up is a religious act and not so long ago Roman Catholic women were also required to cover up. I think many changes are in store for these peoples.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

I know your question might well be rhetorical, but it is one many people have asked ever since Bin Laden first came on the scene. If they didn't have so much oil, then they would have been ignored by big business, and who knows what might have happened. It is a kingdon however, not a nation where people can openly express their opinions.

As for men coming to consider them as cattle or breeding machines, the whole point of this thread is to expose what is happening and allow people to see what is going on. According to what the outside world sees though, men do consider women as anything but equal and as some would argue, even on a lower level than animals. Big business of course ignores all that and as big business controls governments, then you can see what little impact humanity has had on improving their lot. However as more and more people wake up, they speak out. and apply pressure.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Sales people don't work in the industry or in factories. This city is for industrial workers.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
actually the saudi king is a puppet the real power in the kingdom is the religious factions they make the laws and enforce them the king is just the front man to deal with world leaders and corporations. but it is my belief if this is allowed it will be a travesty. i am against all religious rule and that even includes the pope and the vatican bishops.why because they are nott ruling for peoples best interest but for what benefits themselves the most.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

See.... I knew you would get defensive about it. If the roles of the sexes were reversed and it was a matriarchal society, I don't think you would be singing the same tune.

Question: Why can't the sexes be relatively equal with equal rights for both sexes? That's what it basically boils down to.

Why are their two sets of rules for Saudi women and expatriate women? Just curious as to your answer.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Consider me enlightened. After doing a bit more search it does seem that Saudi Arabia is slightly loosening the reigns it holds on women. Sometimes it's just difficult to wrap my head around their (Islamic society) customs. This must be a huge strive towards equality to the people there, even though to me it seems they're a hundred years behind the times... at least
edit on 8/21/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join