It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Homeland security armored personnel carrier spotted in Kentucky (photo)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

I believe only the army is semi obligated to Posse Comitatus. The Navy never signed on which means nor did the jarheads, the Airforce wasn't started yet and technically speaking coastguard is part of dept. of transportation.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The flag is correct.

However some superstitious types would tell you that it should only be displayed on the right side of the vehicle

edit on 13-8-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: oopsy

edit on 13-8-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: drivers

edit on 13-8-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: cheese and rice

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by STEADFast
photoshop

Doubtful. By the way , where is your 2nd line ? :

2nd line

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I would want one too. Especially since they went door to door taking all the firearms, leaving unarmed victims.
P.s. we are one the same side.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I am not sure if anyone posted the rules for the flag under the conditions we saw in the photo :

When displayed either horizontally or vertically against a wall, the union should be uppermost and to the flag's own right, that is, to the observer's left. When displayed in a window, the flag should be displayed in the same way, with the union or blue field to the left of the observer in the street.

Here is a link for the full code for the flag:
www.ushistory.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by iwontrun

You are correct, I believe. By law the Army is funded every two years and the Navy every four. This was done because the Navy was not considered a threat to the people. The founders wanted to insure the land forces stayed under civil control.

Which leads us to the Marine Corp and the three Battalions of military police they have just now "stood up" for whatever reason. They are funded under the Dept. of the Navy. Also, my belief is, they are more inclined to "just follow orders" than would be your typical Soldier.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

edit on 13-8-2012 by murphy22 because: not a correct statement

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
O boy, does that not look like something that would be great to use for driving up and down residential American streets? Can't you just picture the friendly man on the 50 cal. poking up through the ceiling? Seriously though, I was being serious.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

The flag isn't backwards. It is routine for it to be displayed in this fashion.

For example, on military uniforms it is "backwards", or reversed on the right shoulder, whether they are at war or not.

The regulation states that when authorized for application to the proper uniform the American flag patch is to be worn, right or left shoulder, so that “the star field faces forward, or to the flag’s own right. When worn in this manner, the flag is facing to the observer’s right, and gives the effect of the flag flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward. The appropriate replica for the right shoulder sleeve is identified as the ‘reverse side flag’.”

USFlag.org
US Army Regulation

Same on commercial airlines apparently

Airline blog

And on the space shuttle

Nasa.gov

Although at first glance it appears wrong, the flag on the shuttle Orbiter is not truly backward. The regulation for displaying a U.S. flag on a national vehicle states that the star field must be positioned at the front of the vessel (the nose cone end of the shuttle), as if the flag were "flying" along the side of the ship. This causes the flag to look as though it were backward on one side of the Shuttle.

Let's not make things up to ensure panic. The starfield always leads the flag.

edit on 13-8-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
reply to post by iwontrun

You are correct, I believe. By law the Army is funded every two years and the Navy every four.

Sorry, no. The entire government is funded yearly. The defense bills are the appropriations which authorize spending for the military departments. There are different types of money which can be used for different things but they are funded every single year. Both the Army and Navy and the AF and Marines (which are just part of the Dept of the Navy anyhow, oh yea, take thatjarheads, come beg for your money bitches).

Standard operations and maintenance money is "1 year" money which can only be spent in the fiscal year in which it was appropriated for. Capital funds, which go by various names, the Army refers to it as OPA, others call it PDW and there are other names, depending on the appropriation, program, branch of service, etc... This money is "2 year" money, meaning it can be spent over a period of two years. There is also some 5 year R&D money and there are some monies that never expire.

All money, except for the never expiring money, is "use it or lose it". A very large amount is O&M and that pays for the maintenance of buildings, equipment, munitions, procurement of food, water, etc... OPA is for projects which exceed 250k and take more than 1 year to put together. Like building a building. RD is well, RD. And so on.

Sooooooooooo, they absolutely get funded every year. Absolutely. Just pay attention to the debate every year about it. It is always on the news. Pay freezes for the military this, cutting of some stupid military program that, billions here and billions there.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Oh so this is why the Top brass Americans were swarming all over the Australian Bushmasters in Iraq.
an observer told me that they thought they were a little to close for comfort

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Maybe its also hauling the half ton of high explosives DHS ordered as well. Is there any tall buildings to false flag in Kentucky?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

yeah i saw that..but this is the unarmored model. they do make an armored one. but both a very expensive. the unarmored one is all looks no bite. it does look sick tho.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Let’s see we have a dept. of the govt tasked with finding terrorist that in the past have used explosives. Now what possible reason would they need to have an armored vehicle? Aren’t they supposed to be driving Priuses?

Come on people use some common sense.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

You are again correct. I was reffering to the COTUS and how it was set up in there. I know the military has weaseled out of the constraints of the COTUS. Stating this is why it was in the Constitution for that/this reason. Thank you however for the refresher....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Maybe it has something to do with the 450 million rounds ordered by Homeland Security or maybe the "Department of Homeland Security characterizing Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority,” and “reverent of individual liberty” as “extreme right-wing” terrorists"

or....

Zombies...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Or.....

Contracts being filled for useless equipment to create jobs!

The police here have something similar, bought after 9/11. Looks great in parades.
edit on 14-8-2012 by IntelRetard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by libra75

Did you notice the flag is backwards?
Interesting observation. I'm sure it has different meanings for different reasons. Not sure myself but would be interesting to know others opinions.
edit on 13-8-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

Well I know the flag sticker that was on the DHS ride was NOT the Union Down flag. Look at my avatar pic, this is how it would be flown to show distress or danger.

Hope this helps
Shaade

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
It would appear that that type of vehicle is becoming more and more common.
Here is an example of our latest police car in Cairns Australia
population 151,000

The vehicle is a Lenco BearCat, a wheeled armored personnel carrier used by military and police forces, mainly in the USA. Armored Response Counter Attack Truck.

We must obviously be very dangerous around these parts.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
My Patrol Vehicle, EMS and Security vehicles all have the words BACKWARDS on the front of the hoods. Thats to be readable in the rear view mirrors of folks in front of me. At times too, the flag is also reversed for the same reason: meant to be seen in reverse in a mirror.

Our Homeland Security Command Center trailor has the same: backwards and forwards of the flag and DHS Titles.

It does look confusing to anyone standing on the road as I pass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join