It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are The Government And The Big Banks Quietly Preparing For An Imminent Financial Collapse?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This is worth a read. The author does cite some interesting and compelling references to support his POV. Please refer to the original article at the link for all cited references. Will cite in part below....

The Economic Collapse Blog

Something really strange appears to be happening. All over the globe, governments and big banks are acting as if they are anticipating an imminent financial collapse.

I guess something quite strange has been happening over recent months. One of which in particular seems a little too frequent to be mere coincidence....

Over the past 12 months, hundreds of banking executives have been resigning, corporate insiders have been selling off enormous amounts of stock, and I have been personally told that a significant number of Wall Street bankers have been shopping for "prepper properties" in rural communities this summer.

So what about preparations?

In normal times, the U.S. government does not tell major banks to "develop plans for staving off collapse".

But according to a recent Reuters article, that is apparently exactly what has been happening....

"U.S. regulators directed five of the country's biggest banks, including Bank of America Corp and Goldman Sachs Group Inc, to develop plans for staving off collapse if they faced serious problems, emphasizing that the banks could not count on government help.

The two-year-old program, which has been largely secret until now, is in addition to the "living wills" the banks crafted to help regulators dismantle them if they actually do fail. It shows how hard regulators are working to ensure that banks have plans for worst-case scenarios and can act rationally in times of distress."

Does it seem odd to anyone else that only five really big banks got such a warning?

An increasing number of very respected economists are speaking about the coming financial collapse as if there is a certain inevitability about it.

For example, check out the following quote from a recent Money Morning article....

"Richard Duncan, formerly of the World Bank and chief economist at Blackhorse Asset Mgmt., says America's $16 trillion federal debt has escalated into a "death spiral," as he told CNBC.

And it could result in a depression so severe that he doesn't "think our civilization could survive it."

Economist Nouriel Roubini says that he believes that the coming crisis will be even worse than 2008....

""Worse because like 2008 you will have an economic and financial crisis but unlike 2008, you are running out of policy bullets. In 2008, you could cut rates; do QE1, QE2; you could do fiscal stimulus; you could backstop/ringfence/guarantee banks and everybody else. Today, more QEs are becoming less and less effective because the problems are of solvency not liquidity. Fiscal deficits are already so large and you cannot bail out the banks because 1) there is a political opposition to it; and 2) governments are near-insolvent - they cannot bailout themselves let alone their banks. The problem is that we are running out of policy rabbits to pull out of the hat!"

Nigel Farage told King World News the other day is very ominous....

Today MEP (Member European Parliament) Nigel Farage spoke with King World News about what he described as the possibility of, “a really dramatic banking collapse.” Farage also warned that central planners want to enslave and imprison people inside of a ‘New Order,’ and he described the situation as “horrifying.”

The following is from a recent article by Paul B. Farrell on Marketwatch.com....

"Fasten your seat belts, soon we’ll all be shocked out of denial. Some unpredictable black swan. A global wake-up call will trigger the Pentagon’s prediction in Fortune a decade ago at the launch of the Iraq War: 'By 2020 ... an ancient pattern of desperate, all-out wars over food, water, and energy supplies is emerging ... warfare defining human life.'"

Recently, a "team of scientists, economists, and geopolitical analysts" examined the current state of the global economic system and the conclusions they reached were absolutely staggering....

" One member of this team, Chris Martenson, a pathologist and former VP of a Fortune 300 company, explains their findings:

'We found an identical pattern in our debt, total credit market, and money supply that guarantees they're going to fail. This pattern is nearly the same as in any pyramid scheme, one that escalates exponentially fast before it collapses. Governments around the globe are chiefly responsible.

'And what's really disturbing about these findings is that the pattern isn't limited to our economy. We found the same catastrophic pattern in our energy, food, and water systems as well.'

According to Martenson: These systems could all implode at the same time. Food, water, energy, money. Everything.'"

Is this a reasonably compelling argument? What do ATSers think? Even further to what this article outlines, there are other developments and analyses pointing to financial collapse. Personally I only think it is a matter of time, granted it is taking longer than what I had thought but that doesn't negate the inevitability of an epic collapse of global world-changing proportions.

edit on 13-8-2012 by surrealist because: Formatting

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
nothing happens by accident the housing bubble of 2001 was when i noticed things were not as they seem why would property all across the globe rocket in price when it had been a stable increase for 400 years ........................ ,houses were going up more a week than i was earning that is why i live in the country now right beside a river ? and have plenty dried food s& f for this

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Maybe the 2012 end-o-the world fairytale is going to lead to mass selloffs, potentially crashing the markets? There are many freaked out people out there prepping for the end,
One does have to wonder why someone like the Gates and Rockefellers would invest in a doomsday vault
edit on 13-8-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

reply to post by surrealist

Are The Government And The Big Banks Quietly Preparing For An Imminent Financial Collapse?

I'm inclined to think, yes.

There has been much anecdotal evidence recently to indicate so - yet without really knowing the overall facts and objectives, we can only speculate.

The current fiat monetary system is unsustainable and it's impending collapse seems to be simply a matter of "when".

I don't believe GFC II will be about a sustained economic downturn proceeded by an anticipated recovery.... moreso, a precursor to global reform that has been in the making for some time.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
nothing happens by accident the housing bubble of 2001 was when i noticed things were not as they seem why would property all across the globe rocket in price when it had been a stable increase for 400 years ........................ ,houses were going up more a week than i was earning that is why i live in the country now right beside a river ? and have plenty dried food s& f for this

I don't remember a housing bubble in 2001.
I also don't remember prices jumping that much in a week or even a year.

The bubble is a result of the lowering of lending standards. The government did instigate the circumstances that lead to the collapse. But they didn’t directly cause the collapse.

With each administration they pushed for more home ownership. When a new family buys a used house (their first) they push a upper tier family into a brand new and more expensive house. Then every family on the ladder tends to buy new furnishings for their respective houses. That’s the secret to spurring the entire economy. New car, new clothes, new tv, everything gets a boost.
Had the securities rating companies done their jobs and not caved into the profit side of the equation, the housing rush would have slowed on its own. The mortgage backed securities would not have been given AAA ratings and therefore would not have sold as quickly on the market. That would have shut off the supply of loan money.

They wern't smart enough to plan for the last collapse and I don't think they are smart enough to preplan the next.
They are a reactive bunch not proactive.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

go and look at some data on house prices from 1600 onwards till 2001 average increase on price in 400 yrs then BOOM it sky rockets & all the idiots that own a house think they are rich . House prices in my area went from 35,000 to 110,000 for the same property in a year or so .but wages stayed the same i have been on the same wage for 12 plus years the only ones to gain were the bankers on this an IDIOT COULD HAVE SEEN THIS going down .when the crash of 2008 happened i hoped that property values would go back but no such luck too many greedy people on the planet . a house is for living in ? i know people who own 200 propertys how crazy is that but as a painter it was good for me

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I've seen the same thing with re to the banks.
Why would the govt tell the banks to prep for this?
And honestly, does anyone actually think the banks needed to be told anything?
It seemed like more of a way to inform the public that something was going on.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If anything the courts are facilitating the demise of the every day persons investment and savings making it easier for these financial institutions to clean out accounts with no accountability.

The Sentinel Ruling

However, Thursday's ruling suggests that brokerages can use customer funds to pay off other creditors, Sentinel trustee Fred Grede told Reuters. "I don't think that's what the Commodity Futures Trading Commission had in mind" with its requirement that brokers keep customer money separate from their own, he said. "It does not bode well for the protection of customer funds." Worse, Grede said, is that the ruling suggests that a brokerage that allows customer money to be mixed with its own is not necessarily committing fraud. That may raise the bar for proving that MF Global Holdings Ltd, under then-CEO Jon Corzine, misused customer funds as it scrambled to meet margin calls to back bets on European debt in the brokerage's final days. A $1.6 billion customer shortfall remains

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Duh. They want to replace the whole money system. They need to render the old money system useless first.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Though we have been running our economy on borrowed time and money but the fact is that they could keep this system in place indefinately as long as they stick to those same practices which brought us here! Any collapse that happens will happen because it was allowed to happen by TPTB! If our world were to reflect truthful economic practices we would have went down the tubes when we went off the gold standard! This is just another scheme to bring us to our knees and to impliment their NWO! We will all be chipped and our only escape from the mark of the beast will be to prepare! I don't know when this collapse will happen but i expect it to, by the fall or beginning of winter! I hope i'm wrong though but this will inevitably happen depending on when the elite are ready to let it begin! God help us all!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The current round of QE and all of the previous monetary 'stop-gaps' were never intended to save the system.
They were intended to give the elites time... time to prepare, time to fix their own bug-out-bugs and liquidate their finances for the coming economic apocalypse.

How else do we explain the massive amount of seemingly idiotic proposals that the financial sector has tried the past few years?

I agree with an above poster... the current system must come crashing down for a new system to take it's place. And the only way to get the populations of the world to agree is to present them with the worst-case scenario and have them begging for ANY relief possible.

At the start of all of this, in late 2007, I was sure the economic problem was simply a bump in the system. Something that willl inevitably happen from time to time. However, as we go further down the hole, the entire pyramid scheme has been revealed.

Who said you couldn't fool all of the people all of the time?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

Originally posted by geobro

I don't remember a housing bubble in 2001.
I also don't remember prices jumping that much in a week or even a year.

The bubble is a result of the lowering of lending standards. The government did instigate the circumstances that lead to the collapse. But they didn’t directly cause the collapse.

With each administration they pushed for more home ownership. When a new family buys a used house (their first) they push a upper tier family into a brand new and more expensive house. Then every family on the ladder tends to buy new furnishings for their respective houses. That’s the secret to spurring the entire economy. New car, new clothes, new tv, everything gets a boost.
Had the securities rating companies done their jobs and not caved into the profit side of the equation, the housing rush would have slowed on its own. The mortgage backed securities would not have been given AAA ratings and therefore would not have sold as quickly on the market. That would have shut off the supply of loan money.

They wern't smart enough to plan for the last collapse and I don't think they are smart enough to preplan the next.
They are a reactive bunch not proactive.

Actually it was the supply of cheap money and the pushing of subprime loans by the federal government that lead to the 2008 debacle! That in turn created alot of demand for houses which in turn pushed up home prices!
I believe the banks and the federal government knew what was going to happen when those sub-prime buyers began to defalt! Brooksley Born even tryed to warn them but they would not hear of it and so they eliminated her job and claimed that the markets would regulate themselves! The belief that anything happens by chance is ignorant cause these things are designed to fail and funnel monies to the top! this has been happening since the inception of the reserve banks and it was the implimentation of the Fed that was suppose to control the boom and bust cycle! Control it does so well to create this boom bust scenario and when it finally does end it wont end well for anyone except the elite!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm closing on a house sale in a few weeks, and getting a nice check out of it. What to do with the money is the question. I don't really need it in cash, and that would be silly anyway. Another piece of real estate would be a safe call...I guess?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think this is probably going to happen, actually. There is beginning to surface more and more evidence that, in America at least, we are headed for financial collapse and complete chaos. That would explain why the military and Homeland Security seem to be preparing for a martial law type scenario, for example, and there is the fact that our government continues to spend and not balance the budget... something that is not going to go without consequence forever.

That's just my take on it.
edit on 13-8-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Who ever thinks the government is not getting ready is dreaming

we talk about it some here. notice the front flag and tires.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-8-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Before I ask this question, please be aware that I am not an economic expert. However, could all of this not be overted if we all (Globally) cancelled all debts and restarted on a precious items based currency? Not imaginary BS script that someones tells us that is has "X" amount of value...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
That sounds like this

occupycorporatism.com...

Thanks to the fella that emailed me that link. In it, is this very important bit, I shall quote:

A source in the Deutsche Bank claims that in 2008 our financial and monetary system completely collapsed and since that time the banking cartels have been “propping up the system” to make it appear as if everything was fine. In reality our stock market and monetary systems are fake; meaning that there is nothing holding them in place except the illusion that they have stabilized since the Stock Market Crash nearly 5 years ago.

Since this time, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in conjunction with FEMA and other federal agencies have been quickly working to set in place their directives of control under a silent martial law.

But by all means, read the whole thing. Really good stuff in there.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
There will in the end be only one solution.

Everyone will own what they sit on. All debt will be wiped,
and the economy will get a complete restart with a new
currency & new banks.

The alternative will indeed be endless war.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
i think what we have here is an inevitable collapse and a possible engineered collapse before hand. the scary thing about an engineered one is the obvious and that's a one world bank run by the same sleaze bags in new clothes.

i really believe they will try this instead of letting it go the way it should which would render many of them out of power and we all know they aren't going to go quietly in the night.

what we should be vigilant of is the fake collapse and who may come out as the hero in rebuilding it....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
That's the 90 trillion dollar ( in derivatives ) question
and given that there isn't enough money in the entire global economy to pay off these *coughs* debts that can only grow due to the increasing interest then in my opinion the answer would very much appear to be a resounding Yes!

At any rate the present system is completely unsustainable and sooner or later it will come crashing down thanks to its own shortcomings.

And not a moment too soon as far as I'm concerned. We can do much better than this.Surely?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join