It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest shark ever caught?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CalebRight14

good theory .. it was mistakenly identify has a blue shark
since a lot of people eat their fins .. it is extremely expensive for a shark fins soup
you have resolve the mystery about why they say it was a blue shark
it look like a 20 foots specimen .. very sad that he was caught in a fishing net
so many dolphins, whales and sharks are dying in the most horrible way each day
its like being waterboarded to death because they cant breathe if they dont move

Paul Watson is a hero and now interpol is searching him for his arrest
because he took actions on so many murdering ships that kill just for the fins
and whale meat .. their excuses is scientific issue .. a legal reason to kill those beautiful creatures

do you recognise one of my skulls ? sea sheppard

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I ran it through Tineye and got 4 matches.

2 don't seem to work, This one has a story, but it is in Chinese.

Maybe you can translate one of the sources, or follow it back better than I can. The picture is still out there on the internet, that much is for sure.

Largest sharks ever caught It isn't on that list anywhere.
edit on 12-8-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

good theory .. it was mistakenly identify has a blue shark
since a lot of people eat their fins .. it is extremely expensive for a shark fins soup
you have resolve the mystery about why they say it was a blue shark
it look like a 20 foots specimen .. very sad that he was caught in a fishing net
so many dolphins, whales and sharks are dying in the most horrible way each day
its like being waterboarded to death because they cant breathe if they dont move

Paul Watson is a hero and now interpol is searching him for his arrest
because he took actions on so many murdering ships that kill just for the fins
and whale meat .. their excuses is scientific issue .. a legal reason to kill those beautiful creatures

do you recognise one of my skulls ? sea sheppard

I am VERY aware of what you speak of, but I am more concerned with dolphin slaying. I cant fault the Japanese people, because most of them are unaware of where their seafood comes from.

I am not a huge fan of Paul Watson, I like what he is doing to save whales. but he is ignoring the larger picture... How to feed lives, and maintain a balance. He is just promoting Whales need to be saved at all costs idea, which DOES have some value.
edit on 12-8-2012 by CalebRight14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
WOW! That's a lot of SHARK! I could be wrong, but I have a feeling it wasn't measured. Officially anyway.

So many great finds have come from "working" boats, and we sometimes get pictures, but it's usually back to business pretty quickly.

There's already some folk here who are really good at scaring up some information, but I'll see if I can come up with anything to add.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by winnar
Definitely a Basking Blue Whale Shark.

Lol yeah, something like that.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I ran it through Tineye and got 4 matches.

2 don't seem to work, This one has a story, but it is in Chinese.

Maybe you can translate one of the sources, or follow it back better than I can. The picture is still out there on the internet, that much is for sure.

Largest sharks ever caught It isn't on that list anywhere.
edit on 12-8-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

Thanks for that. I have seen all of those before though, the only one even close is the great white at 9, this shark is much larger than any of those.

As for the Chinese article, I can't speak Chinese, so I have no idea what it says.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
WOW! That's a lot of SHARK! I could be wrong, but I have a feeling it wasn't measured. Officially anyway.

So many great finds have come from "working" boats, and we sometimes get pictures, but it's usually back to business pretty quickly.

There's already some folk here who are really good at scaring up some information, but I'll see if I can come up with anything to add.

That's what I am afraid of Gut, I am sure it was measured, but doubt those measurements ever left the port. I am thinking we can get a reasonable estimate of size from the photo. Granted, Japanese are a little on the short side, but assuming the guy is 5'4", we still can't see the dorsal fin. It looks like there MAY be a dorsal in the background, dorsal fins are normally on the front end, meaning there is more body AFTER the dorsal than before, which would make this at least in the 20+ range. I personally think it's around 30 feet.
edit on 12-8-2012 by CalebRight14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

They have no teeth.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium

They have no teeth.

It wouldn't need teeth to kill you. I do doubt it could actually eat you though, probably couldn't swallow something the size of a human. Do I actually think Basking Sharks are dangerous? No I don't, but Pilot Whales and Orcas have attacked people before, and they are considered to not be dangerous to humans either. We believe whales are much more intelligent though, so these attacks may have actually just been play, or actually emotion driven. Filter feeders like Basking Sharks are not typically believed to have very high brain function, so they might not do anything out of the norm. Whale sharks have figured out that commercial fishing ships are good sources of food though, so I'm not putting it to the test myself.

I'ts probably perfectly fine to swim with them, and many people have I'm sure, but I wouldn't do it. But then, I wouldn't go in a hot air balloon without a parachute either.
edit on 13-8-2012 by CalebRight14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Found a few more photos, not sure if anyone is still checking this, figured I'd upload them anyway, as ATS is the be all end all of odd things.

and

That's about all I can find. If anyone can offer anything, please do. The size of it is pretty massive, looks more like a whale than what I think of as shark size, but Basking sharks are said to be large, just never seen one this big before. doesn't seem much more than 30 feet, just kinda awe inspiring to see how big they can be... too bad this one has died. It almost makes me want to swim with a whale shark... but I'll pass, the ocean doesn't agree with me.

edit on 14-8-2012 by CalebRight14 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join