It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wow, what does the USPS know that we should know?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Yes, to the OP's credit, there is a side message here....a powerful one at that.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
someone didn't do good job then, there is consistency.

Higher Resolution pic from USPS ->

www.usps.com...

www.usps.com...

Though I think it may be to defeat counterfeit, I still find it funny that it they chose that word to strike out. (instead of adding a watermark symbol etc).

edit on 11-8-2012 by VimanaExplorer because: Adding crossed out images as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I would wager the strike on the site is to keep people from forging the stamps. Maybe not some huge difficult explaination, but the most likely.

Forging stamps might not be big business but it does happen.

Raist

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
if there is truly a "conspiracy" then what is the conspiracy HERE or HERE

Every single "forever" stamp is crossed out.....

OH noes!!!! this must mean there is no more LOVE

edit on August 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I agree and made that point allready. But you can also look at it as a larger theme that all those things are what helped make America great and they are NOT forever. If you look at the stamps that are not in the "forever" collection they chose other ways to cross of something to deter the image from copying. Could be a simple non conspiracy. But prophetic none-the-less

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

For all the stamp images we use on the blog, the denominations are crossed out for reproduction purposes only. The actual stamps do not include the strikes.

that's the 'explanation' for the confusion.

but I wonder WHO the moron is that made the "executive" level "decision" to show a U.S. Stamp in THAT context ????

the Idiot(s) must have at least 2 or 3 college degrees too

What a Boondoggle

It's not like postage stamps are all that hard to counterfeit either.

btw, this page show the stamps without "forever" crossed out !!!!
forever not crossed out !

OOOps !!!

edit on Aug-11-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

There is love just not forever. (It's a guy thing
)

At the end of the date before bed we feel the "Love".

The next morning usually not feeling it as much.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Thanks for finding more that are totally unrelated to the first set. Obviously, forever being crossed out there wouldn't have any political or warped humor meaning. Perhaps it IS counterfeiting?

If that's the case..Umm... There is something they need a memo on. It's called Content Aware in the lastest CS6 package with Photoshop. CS5 may have actually taken some skill...I would have had a challenge removing that, although time is all it would have cost.

With the Content Aware Fill options, removing their line with near pefect background to replace it is automated and literally a process of a few clicks per stamp. How simple minded of them on something which can look SO BAD depending on which stamp and context the strike out comes on. Sheesh..... Uncle Sam does it again!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Crap...I sent them an email asking why... An amusing one at that...boy do I wish I would have read all the post before sending...

I actually knew why..but wanted to post a screen shot of their response...

Swear...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
What is the conspiracy? Those are "forever stamps" and probably crossed out so people cant take the image and create their own stamps!

Nice theory if it wasnt for the simple fact that they have them listed in the lower left that doesnt have a strikethru on them and you can use those for the same purpose you suggested.

edit: sorry about posting what was already presented by others. After looking thru another link given showing all the "forever" stamp, I too seen what appears to by some attempt at an anti-counterfeiting mark, at least I hope this is the case. Still unnerved by this though. Great catch OP. S+F

not sure if image posted so I included the link to the image on my photobucket page.
i912.photobucket.com...

edit on 8/11/2012 by Shaade because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

it is a nice theory...which explains why ALL "forever" stamps have a strike thru them

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by Shaade

it is a nice theory...which explains why ALL "forever" stamps have a strike thru them

Yes it is and thank you and others for pointing this out. Still I can understand why the instant concern about this. Everyone whose heads aren't planted firmly in the sand sees and has seen the terrifying events all around us, so it stands to reason that something like this would draw such interest.

I gave you a star your part in keeping the sanity, lol
edit on 8/11/2012 by Shaade because: fixed typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join