It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EDITORIAL: The Civil War of 2016

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

EDITORIAL: The Civil War of 2016--U.S. military officers are told to plan to fight Americans

www.washingtontimes.com

Imagine Tea Party extremists seizing control of a South Carolina town and the Army being sent in to crush the rebellion. This farcical vision is now part of the discussion in professional military circles.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8/11/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Please use Exact Title for BAN submissions

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I always wonder truly, regardless of policy and process, what would happen if a Western nation captured a small town or city because of increased police brutaility and said we had enough, destroy a few HQ's and awaiting to be heard nation wide.

The military surely would be deployed, but would they attempt to talk it out or shoot to kill? Would the military even be called the military on the world-stage, or "Obama Forces". lol

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
What they mean is imagine a group of citizens in a region waking up and tackling the corruption and opting out. Then the leaders would set up a false flag in or around the area, send in some black op instigators and stage some kind of takeover and have the military straighten out that areas free thinking ideas.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

The authors make a quasi-legal case for military action and then apply the Army’s Operating Concept 2016-2028 to the situation. They write bloodlessly that “once it is put into play, Americans will expect the military to execute without pause and as professionally as if it were acting overseas.” They claim that “the Army cannot disappoint the American people, especially in such a moment,” not pausing to consider that using such efficient, deadly force against U.S. citizens would create a monumental political backlash and severely erode government legitimacy.

Yup. That sums it up alright.

This was just a couple of intellectual types drinking wine and layering supposition on top of its self. Then they apparently go drunk enough to think that Americans would demand the US Army come in and kill their own friends and family.

Sounds to me like a couple of professors just got a one way ticket to fringeville.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I hope the soldiers and officers all have places to hide there families.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

From the source:

At issue is an article in the respected Small Wars Journal titled “Full Spectrum Operations in the Homeland: A ‘Vision’ of the Future.” It was written by retired Army Col. Kevin Benson of the Army's University of Foreign Military and Cultural Studies at Fort Leavenworth, Kan., and Jennifer Weber, a Civil War expert at the University of Kansas. It posits an “extremist militia motivated by the goals of the ‘tea party’ movement” seizing control of Darlington, S.C., in 2016, “occupying City Hall, disbanding the city council and placing the mayor under house arrest.” The rebels set up checkpoints on Interstate 95 and Interstate 20 looking for illegal aliens. It’s a cartoonish and needlessly provocative scenario.

Basically - a retired colonel (O-6) with a liberal bias writing a very silly piece that, along with another individual, attempts to explore the rationale for military involvement and the like.

It's also at a fairly strong disconnect with tendencies in the U.S.

Even assuming such a group were so motivated within the U.S. - seizing the city hall is absolutely pointless, as is placing the mayor under house arrest. It's a government-focused scenario involving a group that is inherently disjointed from centralized government. They'd simply meet in their basements and work out patrols and checkpoints, neutralizing noncompliant law enforcement personnel if necessary.

The military surely would be deployed, but would they attempt to talk it out or shoot to kill? Would the military even be called the military on the world-stage, or "Obama Forces". lol

It would largely depend upon the state.

A state like California, the National Guard would be activated and the Federal military likely offered certain elements of jurisdiction (Posse Comitatus Act).

In a state like Missouri.... it would be far more delicate. The National Guard would more than have the capability to deal with the immediate 'threat' - but the Missouri Militia would be on a hair trigger. The Missouri Militia is one of the most highly trained and organized militias that exist outside of National Guard status - many train with prior special warfare operators/instructors and are very well equipped, and very well connected.

One wrong move and # will hit the fan with the militia striking at strategic targets of their choosing across the nation (they are active well outside of Missouri and coordinate with other militia groups). And they will be quite successful.

As for military and national guard involvement... I'll put it this way. I'm a soldier being sent in to handle this situation. From the moment I get in theater, I am going to be imagining my head in the scope of a rifle that has dropped several deer in its lifetime (possibly several dozen, depending upon the owner). They shoot to hit a kill zone about as big around as an apple. While my body armor will stop a 7.62mm round in its tracks, it offers little in the way of protection for the upper extremities of my torso, neck, and face. All of which are bigger than an apple.

So whatever I do - whatever my opinion of their actions - I'm going to be inclined to do everything possible to -not- get shot by the people I know are hunting me like they would a deer.

Though, honestly, if my home state were to put to vote a motion to secede from the union - I'd support it.

Possibly because I'm young and stupid enough to find the mere intrigue of it irresistible - but I don't see much good coming from staying attached to the union. Perhaps if we secede and survive the wave of self-destructive stupidity that has embraced Washington politics, we can form a new union after that one is demonstrably defunct.

And apply to it the concepts of the original Constitution with the lessons learned from our debauchery with this one.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Considering the amount of Army (and Air Force) officers IN the Tea Party, I would find such an "exercise" vasty amusing.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
You mean something like this going down?

This is what our right to keep and bear arms is for.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The world needs a big revolution every hundred years or so.

It's the USA's turn.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
well surely this wouldnt happen until the greedy wallstreet ba$tards had plenty of money in their personal accounts as a situation like this would stop all purchases of things that drive the economy. if the taxpayer isnt working military gets no funding.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

If you could break free of the superstitious prison in which you are being held, you´d find the irony of that statement as staggering as I do.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Considering the amount of Army (and Air Force) officers IN the Tea Party, I would find such an "exercise" vasty amusing.

Many here have not served and have no idea.

All they know is that the US Military is Evvvvviiiil.

And they call Vets brainwashed.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

A Retired Army Colonel and a History professor wrote this?

They should be sued for plagiarizing Falling Skies.

They just took the script and changed the Aliens into Tea Partiers and downsized the scope of things a bit.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
You see everyday what would happen if anyone stood up to those in power.
If they sent in the military to "handle" any situation in these states, whoever they were called against would be murdered. Then they might even burn down the complex just to avoid any pesky evidence. The kids they will send in against any will shoot first and probably not even ask questions later.
It happens everyday. Military, police, cia, fbi. They will put 3 in your center mass and not think twice.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

Then I will have died on my feet rather than living on my knees.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
You mean something like this going down?

This is what our right to keep and bear arms is for.

Yep! That is exactly why we keep and bear arms.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by eazyriderl_l
If they sent in the military to "handle" any situation in these states, whoever they were called against would be murdered. Then they might even burn down the complex just to avoid any pesky evidence. The kids they will send in against any will shoot first and probably not even ask questions later.
It happens everyday. Military, police, cia, fbi. They will put 3 in your center mass and not think twice.

And you are absolutely certain of this?

Where is your evidence?

And don't bother posting some cop/Soldier brutality vid as I can come up with just as many OWS vids protraying them in a bad light. It does not make them all so.

The actions of a few does not reflect the majority. The sooner we stop thinking along those lines, the better off we will all be.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

If they sent in the military to "handle" any situation in these states, whoever they were called against would be murdered.

Most of the people in the military are not as dumb as you seem to think.

We know what sits back at home. The same rifles we use are everywhere back home. We know what our duties are - we have to sit and secure areas, spending hours "on watch" for 12 hours or more while having to maintain a "high state of alert" to respond to an attack that can come at any time. From people who speak my language and I went to school with.

Yeah. # that noise.

I know what I could do to my own watch team if I were a rogue with a rifle. Enough that I don't want to be my watch team (sure - we could take me out - but I could score two - possibly even three kills depending upon a few factors compounding inside and outside of my control). It's a completely demoralizing proposition.

Figure that a moderately sized town could easily call in two or three platoons worth of volunteers with varying degrees of skill (from good hunters to prior military to a young men with a burning ambition willing to learn via hard knocks)... no thanks.

Even if I WANTED to fight those people on the ground - it's an absolutely suicidal prospect ... unless you start resorting to strategic bombing and the use of biological agents... but that's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by eazyriderl_l

And you are absolutely certain of this?

Where is your evidence?

And don't bother posting some cop/Soldier brutality vid as I can come up with just as many OWS vids protraying them in a bad light. It does not make them all so.

The actions of a few does not reflect the majority. The sooner we stop thinking along those lines, the better off we will all be.

Ruby Ridge
Waco
Kent State
edit on 11-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join