It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Philosophy - Nuncamorism (God is Now-Love, The Love of The Present Moment)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

LOL ok twist your logic anyway you want. I am not currently in my dream state, and I know this because it's only "real" to me. I'd love to keep playing in this thread but I am not really enjoying the circular logic. Peace.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
[

But you aren't including the dream state, something nobody else can account for. You don't know my dreams because you aren't experiencing it, so therefore that is a "present moment" that you can't account for. Noone on the planet can account for it. It is a form of time travel, in my opinion.....

Time travel? lol What about when you're sleeping next to someone who is awake? They can still see you there while you're dreaming.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Damnit! Ok im back. Time is only relevant to the observer. When I sleep I experience time dilation, floating outside of my body and sense things like when I am awake. It's true my body may still be in my bed, but I am observing something else at that given moment.

I have lucid dreams just about every night. I am able to extend the dream and keep my self engaged however long I want. It is my notion that I can experience whatever moment I have had in my life almost like viewing a videotape of the event. Therefore that is time travel to me.
edit on 8/11/2012 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Isn't that just your imagination? I mean, your body is still there, so whatever you imagine, or dreamed happened, is not really time travel, ya' know?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

It's definitely possible. I am not claiming it to be time travel, and by all accounts, it could be. But what if? Isn't that what Einstein said, imagination is more important than knowledge? Isn't imagination the driving force behind all mankind"s greatest inventions and achievements?

The only thing I claim, is that it's "real" to me, and this is all that matters. It is something not experienced in the "present" like the OP has been claiming because the entire universe for all intents and purposes is closed off to it.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

reply to post by trysts

It's definitely possible. I am not claiming it to be time travel, and by all accounts, it could be. But what if? Isn't that what Einstein said, imagination is more important than knowledge? Isn't imagination the driving force behind all mankind"s greatest inventions and achievements?

The only thing I claim, is that it's "real" to me, and this is all that matters. It is something not experienced in the "present" like the OP has been claiming because the entire universe for all intents and purposes is closed off to it.

Oh, I'm such an idiot! I just now saw that you're a solipsist! lol You actually created me, thank you!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Clever. But doubt keeps you moving forward, denial stops you dead in your tracks.
I could have continued to remain in my solipsistic state, however life is a journey, and one must wander forth, or never learn. It is true that I may one day come full circle, but it seems that the journey is far from over, and learning and discovering about life is a lot of fun. Cheers.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Well don't get out of your solipsistic state until I pay the electric bill, please. I would hate to be re-imagined in debt. lol

Stars for you

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

LOL ok twist your logic anyway you want. I am not currently in my dream state, and I know this because it's only "real" to me. I'd love to keep playing in this thread but I am not really enjoying the circular logic. Peace.

I am aware that you are not dreaming now, you are reading this text.

If a person is dreaming now, then the dreaming is happening now, if a person is waking up now, then the waking up is happening now.

Even if time traveling is happening while you sleep - as you believing - you are traveling through time now - you are experiencing past moments now - you are looking into the future now. So it is Now, The Present Moment, that is dominant, whether you are fully focused on it or not (looking into the "past" or "future").

Maybe I am misunderstanding you or something... if so, please let me know.

Instead of calling this "nuncamorism" (nunc - now, amor - love). I should have named it "nuncognism" (nunc - now, cogn - aware/know).

I am a nuncognist (a now-awareness-er)

edit on 11-8-2012 by arpgme because: more thoughts

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

No I get what you are saying I think I was interpreting it a different way. Hence my stress of importance for "interpretation".

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by trysts

Damnit! Ok im back. Time is only relevant to the observer. When I sleep I experience time dilation, floating outside of my body and sense things like when I am awake. It's true my body may still be in my bed, but I am observing something else at that given moment.

I have lucid dreams just about every night. I am able to extend the dream and keep my self engaged however long I want. It is my notion that I can experience whatever moment I have had in my life almost like viewing a videotape of the event. Therefore that is time travel to me.

Time is subjective so, yes, I too would call that a form of time travel. Makes sense to me.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

Thank you, my friend! Star!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp

reply to post by trysts

Time is subjective so, yes, I too would call that a form of time travel. Makes sense to me.

I don't know what subjectivity has to do with Time Travel? Time Travel, as I have understood it, is the idea transporting of an entity to a future or past physical world. It seems to be just an idea of the imagination now, but the notion of Time Travel is supposed to be a physical transportation.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Even if it is physical, it is still subjective. While you (the subject) are going through time... traveling... everyone else is unaware in "The Now".

So it is not an "objective" experience, but only "subjective" that the subject is experience without the objectivity of others.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by trysts

Even if it is physical, it is still subjective. While you (the subject) are going through time... traveling... everyone else is unaware in "The Now".

So it is not an "objective" experience, but only "subjective" that the subject is experience without the objectivity of others.

If Time Travel actually could happen, it would be an objective experience simply because others would verify it.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

How could others verify it? The person would just appear to be gone from their perspective, or maybe never even left if the person return at that exact moment he left. It is a personal (subjective) experience. Only the Person is being aware of what they are doing in that past or future, even if they affect the past, the audience (ones outside the time-machine) would not know, because it would have just been the experience all along from their perspective.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

How is the person traveling through time physically? Perhaps a time machine. If time travel could occur, then it would be able to be verified by others, otherwise there would be no difference between someone imagining they're traveling through time, and someone actually doing so. The difference is objective verification.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Even if the person went in the time machine, the audience would have no verification that the person actually time traveled. Even if they changed the past somehow, they wouldn't know, they would just say that the person is crazy and that it's been that way all along. Even if they go into the future, again, there is no way to verify, it could just be a hoax and a great prediction.

Unless there is a screen TV that can operate throughout all times and the person in the present can actually OBSERVE the person shifting through times and walking about, it is all speculation and claims. Even if something changed they wouldn't be aware because it would have felt like it was that way all along. To their perspective, the person just disappeared in a "machine" and reappeared, and maybe not even disappear if they decide to come back at the exact moment they left.

EDIT:

Actually, it was a mistake to say that video footage would make it objective. It won't, even if the person had video footage and they can prove that it wasn't a hoax, no one else would be experiencing the actual time travel so it is still subjective...
edit on 11-8-2012 by arpgme because: correction

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by trysts

Even if the person went in the time machine, the audience would have no verification that the person actually time traveled. Even if they changed the past somehow, they wouldn't know, they would just say that the person is crazy and that it's been that way all along. Even if they go into the future, again, there is no way to verify, it could just be a hoax and a great prediction.

Unless there is a screen TV that can operate throughout all times and the person in the present can actually OBSERVE the person shifting through times and walking about, it is all speculation and claims. Even if something changed they wouldn't be aware because it would have felt like it was that way all along. To their perspective, the person just disappeared in a "machine" and reappeared, and maybe not even disappear if they decide to come back at the exact moment they left.

Now, I don't want to give the impression that I believe in Time Travel, but in order for one to have Time Traveled, it would have to be objectively verified, such as others being able to go back and forward in time as well. There isn't anything subjective about whether or not someone has traveled through time. The assertion would have to be objectively verifiable, otherwise it's merely someone's imagination that they Time Traveled

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Time Travel can not be objectively verified, and no, that does not make it imagination.

Let me give you an example:

Day 1: You get a phone call saying "come to my house" by a friend.

Day 2: You don't go, and your friend suffers.

Day 3: You and your friend go to a Time Machine, and your friend watch you step in. You promise to go to "Day 2" in order to go to his house so that he won't suffer. You go back to day to an go back to his house. When you step out of the time machine. Your friend from OUTSIDE of the time-machine, would just see you appear and reappear and it would seem like... wait a minute, this doesn't make sense does it?

If you go back through time to change something, and you DO change it, then the audience wouldn't be there because there would have never been a purpose to be there in the first place. You see what I mean now? In there mind, they didn't notice a "CHANGE", it has always been there, only YOU notice the change because YOU were the one time-traveling...

Now if you believe that there are many different time lines, that even makes it MORE subjective...

Each person that goes in the time-machine will only jump to the timeline which has the changes that THEY made.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join