It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds: Mississippi County Runs 'school-to-prison pipeline'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
By the end of the eight hour nightmare, a rage had built up in me that became so apparent that, though I did not say a word, there was suddenly an immediacy to get me processed and released. I can see how hatred of cops is a natural consesequence.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Frankly, most white people have no idea how crooked our criminal justice system has become because the vast majority have not experienced it. Most people assume that if somebody ends up in jail, they must belong there because a "fair and impartial" judge found the accused guilty and poor people are given a competant public defender.

Honestly, my experience with many judicial systems is that you have many incompetent citizens being handled by a system full of incompetent officials.

I really don't pity many of the people who end up in prisons for various reasons. There are a few hallmark cases of genuine innocence and system brutality - but there are a number of people who, bluntly, are a waste of organic material involved.

The vast majority caught in those systems will never amount to anything. I don't mean they won't cure cancer - I mean they won't hold down a job, they won't take care of their family, and they will be hard pressed to ever actually live what most consider a halfway legitimate lifestyle.

I will acknowledge there are obstacles in their way that are perpetuated by certain aspects of some systems - but there are plenty of "streets to success" stories that I've seen both personally and from second hand sources. People will always find an excuse.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

This is pure brainwashing and is there to train our children to conform to authority! If they don't they are sent to jail just like the precrime division of the movie minority report. Only in the movie they knew those people were about to commit crimes but here IRL all these kids are doing is not conforming to authority, showing their individuality which today has become against the powers that be!
It's funny though I was different then others in jail i mean school i was a conformist but was'nt until later did i resist authority but during my days in school it was common to act out so in a way i was a nonconformist to the group mentality because i was there to learn and most of the others were there to act out.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by zarp3333

Frankly, most white people have no idea how crooked our criminal justice system has become because the vast majority have not experienced it. Most people assume that if somebody ends up in jail, they must belong there because a "fair and impartial" judge found the accused guilty and poor people are given a competant public defender.

Honestly, my experience with many judicial systems is that you have many incompetent citizens being handled by a system full of incompetent officials.

I really don't pity many of the people who end up in prisons for various reasons. There are a few hallmark cases of genuine innocence and system brutality - but there are a number of people who, bluntly, are a waste of organic material involved.

The vast majority caught in those systems will never amount to anything. I don't mean they won't cure cancer - I mean they won't hold down a job, they won't take care of their family, and they will be hard pressed to ever actually live what most consider a halfway legitimate lifestyle.

I will acknowledge there are obstacles in their way that are perpetuated by certain aspects of some systems - but there are plenty of "streets to success" stories that I've seen both personally and from second hand sources. People will always find an excuse.

That is a bad opinion of your bretheren and is a total prejudice outlook to have! Could these people be such a waste because they are a product of their own environment? Look all i'm saying is I don't know how contributive
or wasteful these people would be if things were different and neither does anyone else! To think they know what's in the heads and hearts of these people is not only arrogant but ignorant! When will people stop taking the opinions of the PC world and making them their own! Wake up people cause it could be you others look down on! Maybe not for being in prison but for some other trivial thing!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonzoo7

The federal agency's civil rights division seeks "meaningful negotiations" in 60 days to end the constitutional violations or else a federal lawsuit would be filed against state, county and local officials in Meridian, according to a Justice Department letter dated Friday to those officials.

It doesn't get more UN-American than this, folks. This is off the hook. I want to know why the Judges aren't taken off the bench and prosecuted along with the county "authorities" who are perpetrating this crime against children.

Prosecute these judges and cops?

...How about we just put them down like the rabid dogs they are?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Looks like we need a bench-to-prison pipeline.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

That is a bad opinion of your bretheren and is a total prejudice outlook to have!

You misunderstand.

There are people who are salvageable from such situations. They are intelligent survivors.

And then there are those who do nothing but impede their efforts and exploit systems to perpetuate their own parasitic existence. An explosion powerful enough to split the quantum foam would not be hateful enough to express my feelings toward this group.

Could these people be such a waste because they are a product of their own environment? Look all i'm saying is I don't know how contributive
or wasteful these people would be if things were different and neither does anyone else!

This is a useless appeal to ignorance.

The fact of the matter is that the situation is what it is there. The people are doing what they are doing. The environment they exist within and perpetuate is self-destructive and a hazard to the few within it who have yet to be assimilated into it.

The solution is clear. Salvage who you can; cease the self-destructive cycle in an efficient and expedient manner. Like I said - Ebola is a quick and effective means that would be particularly pervasive within groups prone to drug use and unsanitary conditions.

It's not logic we like to entertain. But it is sound.

The problem is that most people are incapable of avoiding the temptations that come with such solutions. Political adversaries get treated as viable targets.

To think they know what's in the heads and hearts of these people is not only arrogant but ignorant!

It's an irrelevant concern.

It's a simple functional breakdown. There are people with the potential to be brought into environments conducive to successful lifestyles and they will flourish. Those people should be identified and salvaged. The rest are a calculable economic and behavioral detriment to society and have no business being part of it any longer. The statistical likelihood of their reform is below reasonable thresholds and the only functional solution is to purge the cancer.

Which is exactly what it is. When cells in the tissues of animals mutate so that they replicate at a higher rate than the functional cells and merely consume resources - it is known as a cancer. What does the body do? Well - if it wants to live - it does everything within its power to rid itself of these useless cells that threaten to overwhelm the functional cells and the ability to provide resources for them.

It doesn't try to re-mutate them back into functional cells. It exterminates them - or dies trying. No friendship or peaceful co-existence can be formed. The cancer will replicate and demand resources of the body until it crowds out functional cells in vital organs and kills the organism.

Wake up people cause it could be you others look down on!

It's about functional analysis.

Are you more trouble than you're worth - and to what degree?

If you're pumping out kids and waiting for the check in the mail. God help you - because I won't. If you've got a smart kid in the litter who instinctively avoids following such a lifestyle - I'd be more than glad to see him/her among my own children in that future. Those that aren't and will merely continue the ceaseless reproduction without function... It's unfortunate they didn't have better genetic dispositions or better upbringing - sucks to be them.

It's not about looking down on someone for petty mistakes. Those happen.

What we are talking about here is a systemic pathology in biological and social genealogy (traits passed on through DNA and behavior patterns).

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is so wrong on many levels.

The judicial system is so out of wack. That needs to be fixed.

In the mean time why are parents sending their children to school? Pull them out. Home school your children.

Your children are yours to care for and raise, not the governments.

School to prison. That is so sad.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Many will call your logic cold hearted, mean spirited, hell maybe even evil.

I on the other hand, can find no fault in your logic. However people are living breathing feeling beings, not factors to be quatified. So I do find it to be quite cold, and uncaring. Both of which are not admirable traits one hopes to find in man.

Star for your thoughts, as they were to the point and logical, in a nonhuman, uncompasionate kind of way. Just because I don't totally agree though, doesn't mean your wrong.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Back in 85-86, I worked for a company who had a sister company based out of the city of Lauderdale MS just outside of Meridian. The owner of the company also owned a very prosperous logging company. The conditions there were just a step above slavery for the employees. Most of the residents of Lauderdale were black and worked for this man in one way or another. There was a company store where everyone shopped and had a line of "credit".
I would stay there about a week every few months and couldn't get away soon enough.
On the other hand, there were some pretty vicious residents there as well.
I said all of that to say this: I don't think that there are many families there with ANY means to fight the system. If your kid gets thrown in jail, that's pretty much where he'll stay until someone who can, fights for him.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Why am I not surprised...
Sigh

From the corruption at the top in our government, and those in bed with them, to the lower echelons of government and private profits.

God Bless the USA

NOT

This country needs a good cleaning up from the filth overtaking our system for their own gain.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
At this point, I am all for a bullet to the freaking head, Chinese style type political reforms for those that abuse their power and control for their own selfish gains. No prison time for you on the tax payer dime, off to the grave you go.

Originally posted by kosmicjack
This is what happens when you privatize prisons and make them for-profit. There was the case out of PA where the judge was taking kickbacks for sentencing youths to detention facilities and prisons. It's sick.

The things that are tools for helping to make our society safer, healthier, smarter, etc. should not be privatized. We all have a vested interest in them - things like Schools, Hospitals, Prisons, Governmental Services, etc.

When we privatize those sorts of things we relinquish that interest for the benefit of saving a few bucks and our civil society is degraded. We lose the "common denominator" factor that helps keep society organized and strong. It just becomes a free-for-all devoid of ethics in pursuit of the almighty dollar.

edit on 11-8-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If you would look into this matter further then you will see that the children are the ones that cause the troubles and its also the parents fault as well. They talk back to the teacher and even hit and harm them as well and they have been getting away with it all these years. It seems that the only way (so far) is to send them to prison and teach them to respect other people. Yes its also mostly caused by children for poor families. But still that doesn't mean that you have to disrespect other people. I would believe that for the smallest infraction would not be a cause for prison but it can still go down on your record. Children and people go to school so that they can learn a skill or trade but in most cases you will find out that the children do not want to learn because it would not make them enough money so they in turn find the easiest way and that would be in drugs. So those brains are just wasted and most likely will get killed because of gang violence. It doesn't matter what race you are in it can happen and usually does. I would blame it all on the parents (if they have any). But will this work in the long run? I cannot say.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

i totally agree something similar almost happened to me when i was a kid my mother noticed little tears and cuts and even a hole in her brand new living room couch she thought i was acting out because she married a bum. he suggested i be sent to psychatrist who in his expert opinion i needed to be sent to reform school mom didnt agree so he went to judge . if it wasnt for local lawyer relative who was friends with judge i would have been sent to reform school indefinately and turns out years latter and hundreds of kids latter reformatory was owned by samre psychiatrist who tried to get me put there him and local judges where sending children there for bs reasons to make money from govermenrt and parents medical insurance. and i was totallty innocent turns out moms couch had come from furniture store with mice in it. but yes if you got prisons for profit then you are going to have sorry bastachies incarecerating the innocent to make a profit.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I want to show everyone this blog.....these people may be involved in these cash for kids scandals, they are the "professionals" that could be coming between families and their children. I have no proof, like I said...the investigation is ongoing...but I know one of the founders of this program may be in the middle of a class action law suit.

familycourtmatters.wordpress.com...

It is a rather deep rabbit hole.....
edit on 11-8-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HEYJOSE
And what do you know they have a FOR PROFIT prison right in a unincorporated section of Lauderdale county Mississippi!! Ya think that politicians, school officials and judges are getting a kick back? More prisoners means more profit for the CEO corporation. Yah know guys, everywhere I look I see total corruption, I have lost all faith in all of our institutions. Nothing is legit. Everything is a scam to benefit the very, very few at the point of the pyramid and to suck the lifes blood out of everybody else. This can't stand. This system WILL fall and I am so hopefull by PEACEFUL means.

en.wikipedia.org...

By all that is good, clean and holy, THIS.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The federal agency's civil rights division seeks "meaningful negotiations"

Screw the negotiations, sue them in to the stone age.
Then, whoever is responsible, needs to go right to the same place they're sending those kids. It enrages me to think they will get away with this, by "negotiations". To me, that word means, "We get away with no consequences".
No one involved should keep their job, or remain free.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Maybe the jails are privatized and kickbacks are given to judges?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mikepopy

you voted for them as so did we.

speak for youself ....

I haven't voted in so long for anything local, state or Federal I can't remember the last time I voted. Clinton was the last pres I voted for .. I think ..

ETA: and only 27 flags .. !!! THIS is a direct violation to the highest law in the USA ~!! I'd have Judges, lawyers, principles, teachers, cops, guards, and the warden spend NO LESS than the amount of time in the those cells to let them taste exactly what kind of treatment this is~!

and then send out letters to ALL the states and let them know what these people have done and never get another job working for in any public service period! and yes..........it's happening to the adults as well...NOW~!

interesting to note:

edit on 12-8-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm from Mississippi ( Gulf Coast ) and I haven't heard of this until now and it sickens me not only cause I love my little part of the Earth I inhabit, but because it gives alot of folks from Mississippi like me a bad rap, the '' culture '' that not all of us live by and never have or will.

I will say this, cops down here rather if your black, white, or tie-dyed, are some of the biggest instigators I have ever seen, they try to push you no matter who you are, I don't think many parts of this country does not have some sort of oppressive regions, I think everything is #ed on a large scale and yes a bunker in Montana does seem more inviting.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join