It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela Arrests U.S. Citizen, Accuses Man Of Being Mercenary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It looks like the Venezuelan Govt. has detained an American citizen who they believe to be a mercenary. He was detained while crossing from Columbia into Venezuela. The man, who hasnt been identified yet, was carrying an american passport with entrance and exit stamps from countries including Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya as well as a notebook containing geographical coordinates.

"He has all the appearance of a mercenary," Chavez said, speaking during a campaign rally in the coastal state of Vargas. "We are interrogating him."

The man tore up part of the notebook in his possession when he was detained, Chavez said.

They stated that the man was taken to an unknown spot where he was being interrogated... I wonder how hard they are interrogating him?? Chavez believes that this man could be coming into his country to stir up violent protests if the election doesnt go the oppositions way...

Could this be the next country USA targets to overthrow their leader?? We all know that Chavez hates USA and blames them for numerous global crimes... I feel that this story could get interesting, because where there's one mercenary, there's likely many more....

*** Mods, I did a search and didnt find this story anywhere****

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It is pretty obvious that the guy is a troublemaker, three war zones, coming from Colombia, Chavez is 100% right.

Just wondering how stupid that guy is.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
He probably is a merc of some sort.

That's just one they caught, where there's one there is more.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88
It is pretty obvious that the guy is a troublemaker, three war zones, coming from Colombia, Chavez is 100% right.

Just wondering how stupid that guy is.

Well, I'm assuming that he didn't think he was going to get caught

Hugo Chavez believes that this guy was coming to his country to destabalize it, if true, i bet you these interrogations arent going good for the guy.....

My guess is that Chavez is spot on with the info he released... Honestly, what are the odds that someone went to Iraq, Afghanistan and Lybia?? The only thing that Id like to find out is how recent he was in those three countries?
edit on 10-8-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join