It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Strip Search Mom, "Forcibly" Pull Tampon Out of Her for Maybe Rolling Through Stop Sign

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Her law firm is either inexperienced or they want to let her case self destruct. The law firm should have put out a request to have her record removed from public view by simply filing a paper with the clerk of the court. As long as it was in review her record would have been removed from the public websites. And then when you add mistakes on where this happened Columbus Street or Columbia Street only a few lines apart on the complaint. The law firm sure don't show any professionalism in what they are doing.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Will America Replay The Fall of the Roman Empire? Why is America like the Roman Empire? Because it has garrisoned its troops all over the world? That's one reason, but only one. Because Americans are like Romans? Some are; some are like the Roman Senators of the fifth century, one of the most rapacious and ruthless ruling classes that ever held power. Think Mafia. For the amount of wealth: think billionaires today. Perhaps other Americans have begun to understand this: Obama's election would indicate that. However, the selfish class is fighting hard to keep its privileges.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar
reply to post by camaro68ss

Let me see if I've got this straight. A BLOG posting, on a local news site, recites an unanswered, civil, lawsuit. Of course, we all know, a complainant can make any claim they want. We all know that complainants NEVER exaggerate, fib or outright lie in an attempt to shake the money tree. Knowing all of this, we have many peace loving posts making veiled (and many outright) threats against police in general. Because, you know, their all "pigs" and every claimed wrong comes from those as pure as the wind-driven snow. Apparently, the consensus is cops & their families should be murdered in their homes at night.

All of this from a blog post.

What is the fascination with calls for murder and people demanding others are "strung up". Does calling for violence, without any facts, help some overcome their feelings of inadequacy in real life? The reactions to this post are sickening. Not that most of you making threats will even understand where I'm coming from. If the user base can generate four plus pages of violent proclamations based off of nothing more than a blog post and unanswered court filing, how coukd anyone expect those same posters to employ reasoning? You know, actually know what you think you know?

Yes, yes, I know. I'm a shill, dis-info agent and all that horse#.

Naw mate, I'm with you on this one. Consider the source and hear both sides, people!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This is unacceptable to say the least. How are the police going to justify this? They could try to lie their way out of it but there are a lot of witnesses I am assuming plus the kids saw it all. The fuzz could try to claim they had no choice but to do an on the spot search cuz they `smelled` drugs or she `looked high` but I am not so sure that would stick in the court room.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
When this whole thing turns out be a load of bull, those of you who so readily believed this story and were forming a lynch mob might want to take a good hard look at yourselves.

The lack of basic common sense or critical thought, combined with not waiting to hear the whole story before forming an opinion, is simply astounding.

I thought the whole story to be a joke, just from the title of the thread, but you know what? I didn't just disregard the woman's claims based on my first instincts, I did further research and determined, by weighing the facts that this story was nonsense.

I thought this place was better this than mob mentality garbage. You all make me feel sorry for the police!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
florida.arrests.org...

I don't believe a thing this woman says.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
sadly it is the new America, until enough people decide they are sick and tired of being sick and tired.

What im sick and tired of is people in this country believing something simply because it aligns with their world view.

This may very well have happened, but so far, nothing to prove it other than a link to someone's blog. Stop falling for a story simply because it reaffirms your version of reality.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
sadly it is the new America, until enough people decide they are sick and tired of being sick and tired.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Some cops can't be trusted. When I was about sixteen I got picked up for a Minor Consuming Alcohol charge, there were two cops, one on an ATV and another came and put his hand under my private and picked me up kicking and screaming, the cops were laughing, they took me to the Police Dept. and I was crying and they were laughing because I must have sounded silly crying. I should have reported it, but was so ashamed, they aren't cops anymore, for some other reason, people in power sure can be cruel.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
And many cops can be trusted. What does that have to do with this story? Someones good OR bad experiences with police have no bearing on this case. We have a blog post.. a woman with a criminal record.. and as far as I know, no proof whatsoever. And yet people here are calling for jobs, massive lawsuits.. based on.. NOTHING AT ALL. Deny ignorance? Yea.. I don't think so. Too many here embrace it.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
florida.arrests.org...

I don't believe a thing this woman says.

I'm shocked at how many times this has needed to be posted...and guys still arrive in full attack mode to the cops and ...strictly by how the media portrays it...in full support of a Soccer Mom out with a couple kids for a drive somewhere.

....I think mine started this thread for Official records (Page 9 of this thread, top message....and someone else posted the same thing in another thread before me) with links directly to the Florida State Court Records system for the detailed records of the traffic stop which started it all..and her CONSIDERABLE criminal history before it. One member noted.....THIS stop was directly related to driving restrictions placed there by an earlier DUI Offense.

For a woman who is pretty much scum by reading her record, the media sure did turn her into a princess for the cause of attacking the cops, didn't they? This is one where, based on what I know now.....The cops did nothing wrong and I don't believe one word of her story.

@JBA2848

I just caught your message with the link to Marion County criminal records as well. Thanks! I'd briefly considered running her name across the state but the public interface would have been one by one..ugh.. Thanks for however you narrowed down or just read something I didn't...to find the OTHER County she's pursued her criminal talents in. What a character she's turned out to be.
edit on 11-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Huffington Post - Police issue press release

UPDATE:

The Citrus County Sheriff's Department has denied the accusations put forth by Tarantino. In a statement obtained by Tampa's ABC Action News, the department said a traffic stop did occur on July 17, 2011, but that the events that proceeded it were not as Tarantino described.

"No strip search was conducted, and the plaintiff's tampon was never forcibly removed by any deputy," read the statement. "It is the Sheriff's Office intent to aggressively defend itself against these malicious allegations."

Click over to ABC Action News for more.
read more before hanging a cop.....most of the ones yelling bad bacon would be the first two call 911 ,lol

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

About 8% to 10% of police I have had to deal with, over the course of my life, have been interested in doing their job. The rest were thugs.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by grizzle2

So, in your world view, attempted murder is an acceptable recourse to a law officer enforcing the law? I think your story is total BS, invented fiction.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by grizzle2

About 8% to 10% of police I have had to deal with, over the course of my life, have been interested in doing their job. The rest were thugs.

Really? How many police officers have you dealt with in your life? How often? Under what circumstances? You're alluding to a high frequency of police interaction. Do you think your frequent flier status *might* be the root of the problem?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
civil liberties are withering away before our very own eyes. There is no reporting or public outcry over this..it'll just get worse.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
As a woman I feel for her as it must have been a tramatic expirience, And in front of her 2 small children how dare they do that , FIRE THAT COP

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If he really did that then he should be fired and the lady should be able to sue him.

But I gotta say that this kind of things don't just happen in USA, it happens everyday around the world. If a person can't handle that kind of power, then it shouldn't be given to him in the first place. But I guess I understand it's hard to tell whether a certain individual is capable of handling the power that comes from being a policeman. Or maybe they just get broken mentally from the things they experience in their field.

Here in Puerto Rico the local police force abuses their authority even more so than the state police(american police). But to say that the police isn't needed is absurd. The crime rate would fly off the charts if that happened.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
So if we take up arms against the police hypothetically would we be considered freedom fighters, rebels, terrorists or what and what if we were funded by ooohhh I dunno some Arab states or China..?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join