It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vs. USA in one picture

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Corruption get real

Flailing about wildly while not saying anything of any real value to support your argument then posting [Go to Google] isn't much to stand on.

edit on 9-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by GAOTU789

Those aren't answers.

And by your second non response you admit that Iran has funded terrorist groups.

So I don't get a straight answer? Didn't think so.

Those are answers, and I've admitted nothing of the sort so please stop making up lies.

Don't complain just because you did not like my response especially after you falsely accuse me of admitting to something I never said.

Cheers

Are you denying it then? Don't be afraid to grow a pair and take a stand! Just tiptoeing around the issue is not improving your argument. Straight answers are generally a good idea to promote straight discussions.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Those aren't answers.

And by your second non response you admit that Iran has funded terrorist groups.

So I don't get a straight answer? Didn't think so.

Those are answers, and I've admitted nothing of the sort so please stop making up lies.

Don't complain just because you did not like my response especially after you falsely accuse me of admitting to something I never said.

Cheers

Nope. that was your usual evasive doctrine in action again.
I was actually eagerly awaiting an honest reply from you, just this once....NOT!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Corruption get real

Flailing about saying nothing to support your argument then posting [Go to Google] isn't much to stand on.

That's rich coming from you

At least it's a better leg to stand on than saying "Forget this thread I'm going to the gym and then a beer" or "Time for some lemon chicken" yet you stick around and continue replying in the same thread directly after.

I made my point loud and clear, you're just all mad that I'm not taking the bait.

You should take a look in the mirror before you submit some of your posts if you want the rest of us to take you seriously.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Ok mate, fair enough.

Let me rephrase this then and ask a direct question with just a yes or no answer...

Does Iran fund terrorist groups?

Also, would you like to take this to the debate forum as an official ATS debate? Something simple like my question above or something a little more complex?

Yes or no?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Ok mate, fair enough.

Let me rephrase this then and ask a direct question with just a yes or no answer...

Also, would you like to take this to the debate forum as an official ATS debate? Something simple like my question above or something a little more complex?

Yes or no?

That is not a simple yes or no answer.

First we must define a terrorist group. Our perception of what defines a terrorist group probably differs so we will never agree on that aspect which would lead to countless circular arguments with no end in sight, kind of like this thread has become.

As for a debate I'm not really that interested until you explain exactly what it is you would like to debate. Chances are I will decline since I am at work right now and I'm also not much of a debater (You may have been on the debate team in high school but I was one of the cool kids and had other interests) but I may accept your invitation depending what your terms are. Let me know exactly what you want to debate in a U2U and I may or may not accept.

Spamming this thread with details of a debate would be off topic and I believe that there are rules against off topic posts, perhaps you can clarify this for me since you are a "SuperModerator".

I've had posts taken down for much less.
edit on 9-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
So here you justify the persecution of gays and adulterers. Gotcha.

I did not, you are mixing right and wrong like many medias.

By the way, adultery is somthing that needs to be dealt with at home, NEVER by the government.

this is exactly what I am saying. so there is no need to punish gays or adulterer. why should the judiciary system of Iran seeks in the people's home and find gays or adulterers to execute them!? execution is in some specific consecuences especially when is accompanied with violence. and there is no difference between men and women.
do you really think that people comes to streets to have illegal sex and then people which witnessed that goes to court to complain. it is odd !
yes Saudi Arabia is so harsh about execution. and they execute other nations easily.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Ok mate, fair enough.

Yes or no?

To answer that question is impossible.
To someone from Palestine, Hamas isnt a terrorist group but freedom fighters, is funding freedom fighters supporting terrorists?
Is supporting the CIA supporting terrorists? it is from the receiving end of coups.

so to answer the question has more to do with perspective rather than so called facts

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well! I'm glad we've all had this chat and gotten everything all settled.

Everyone meet at my house for humus and pizza.

My treat!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Star

But no thanks. Last time you said there would be jello wrestling. I didn't know you meant we had to wrestle for the last Jello-Pudding Jello.

Lemon flavor too

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

To answer that question is impossible.

The disingenuous and Orwellian like ever changing definitions of terrorism by The United States notwithstanding, it is more than possible to answer the question. Hell, its more than probable. Terrorism was once defined by the targets of it, which were civilian populations. Freedom fighters don't target civilian populations. Terrorists do.

A wolf in freedom fighters fatigues is still a wolf.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Wildly off topic here, and im sure this will get wiped, but Slayer.................

BEST AVATAR EVER!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

reply to post by munkey66

No the answer is quite plain.

An organization or group of individuals who, through non conventional means, seek to implement change using tactics that cause harm and death upon civilian populations. The use of such means causes terror amongst the civilian population in hopes of them pressuring their governments or leaders to implement the changes sought.

Within that framework fit many different groups. They can be groups aimed at overthrowing a government, removing an occupier, causing things such as the release of prisoners( which was a popular cause during the highjacking of aircraft through the 80's and early 90's), implementing religious views, gaining independence and so on.

This page says it better than I can but a commonly accepted definition is what I have just posted above, papaphrased in my own words.

So CE, can you accept that as a definition? If so can you answer my question? If not, please post what your definition of a terrorist group is..

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by beezzer

Star

But no thanks. Last time you said there would be jello wrestling. I didn't know you meant we had to wrestle for the last Jello-Pudding Jello.

Lemon flavor too

Should have read the fine print.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
On topic, Anti-Americanism will exist for as long a there is an America. I make light on occasion because what else can you do? Those that feed of the hatred only want to see others acknowledge and comfirm their hatred.

Solutions?

Real solutions?

Are as rare as BLT's at an Obama fundraiser.

The Iranian friends that I do have (and yes, I have a few) speak in dismay of what is occuring globally. No-one lives in a vacuum anymore, as much as some would like, it just ain't happening.

Peace used to be an accord.
Then it was mutually assured destruction.
Now?
It's whomever kneels or bows first.

Why can't we return to an accord?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Oh and the quesation of the debate is on topic as it is about exactly what the OP of this thread is about.

And nice ad hom too.

I spent HS in and out of hospitals getting about 15 surgeries to fix my back and didn't have much time for anything. Thanks for asking though.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I made my point loud and clear, you're just all mad that I'm not taking the bait.

"Bait"? Since you seem to have an opinion, I'd expect you to take a stand and defend it, like a grown man would. Like the rest have. Your inability to do so speaks VOLUMES as to your certainty in your own argument. It's not adding to your credibility even a little bit.

It seems, quite the contrary, to be severely detracting from it.

Evasiveness is cute on you, but it's not going to make any brownie points in the discussion.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Should have read the fine print.

I did, apparently I was the only one who bothered.
If you recall I was the only one there who wore the required Zebra striped thong. Thanks Beeze..

On Topic....

I think this has been an entertaining thread and discussion/debate. I give my respect to ALL participants. I still say it's Propaganda IMO. Now, I'm off to write another long boring Alternative Theory thread on Ancient civilizations

PEACE

edit on 9-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Ok mate, fair enough.

Yes or no?

That is not a simple yes or no answer.

First we must define a terrorist group. Our perception of what defines a terrorist group probably differs so we will never agree on that aspect which would lead to countless circular arguments with no end in sight, kind of like this thread has become.

Where have I heard that sort of evasion before? Oh yes - it was when the gentleman stated "That depends on what the definition of 'is' is..."

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join