It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Proof: Gods - Holy Books - Unfair

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Again. Why did he choose Jesus and not one Jesus in every country. Why were you allowed to get his message before me? What's so fair about this?

I get the point that the condition of our world is as a result of us humans not caring for each other. But it has nothing to do with why he came to us the way he did. There are only two solutions to this for God to be fair in distributing his message to us:

1. Sending the message to every single community in this world at the same time.

2. Not sending any messages at all to anyone.

There is a third option, which I believe is the one that he chose to do, but we chose to ignore it.

3. For me god did and does send his messages every second to every single person in this world. We all are communicating with god, we just do not know that it is him/her/it. I believe god talks to us through our conscience. You know the feeling you have in the back of your stomach, that you did something good/bad. That feeling is a help/guidance through our lives. Some hear it louder, some choose to ignore, some are blind to see it. But he talks to us all. Now that's a fair way talking to us.

Thanks for your time.

StringTh

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by StringTh

Dear StringTh,

That is not answering my question. The fact is that these books claim to be the words of God. If so, they came to us through books. My question is: Why did god choose this unfair way to communicate with us? You say we are responsible for our decisions, but this is far from truth. I will give you an example to make my point:

I disagree with your hypothesis. These "books" were not books. The New Testament was not written as a book, it was a collections of letters that were written to churches by people that they knew and were later compiled into a book so that the churches could share them. Judaism was also not a book, there was a very strenuous oral tradition.

I also disagree with your idea of how God should communicate with us. On occasion he communicated with individuals who told others about their experiences. These communications are rare and generally had a specific purpose. You seem to believe that God should just talk to us all, all of the time; but, would that really be fair and could people exercise free will if he did?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

My opinion (I'm a christian): long story short, sin is not imputed where there is no law; we are judged according to the light we are given.

The gospel is just that: the Good News, with a call to repentance.

Otherwise, at the great white throne for those not previously raised in Christ, we are judged according to what we have done/not done: how we have responded to the law of god as written on the hearts of all men - our conscience.

Take care.

But would it be a sin if we weren't told it was a sin?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

StringTh,

I am ready anytime you want to discuss the Holy Qur'an.

Just because it was revealed in Arabic, you think God was being unfair?

God send His messages through His Messenger with the langauage of the people to whom He sent it. But He didn't intend for these people to be the sole receivers of His Message.. that's why in the cause of time it came to be translated into other languages, so that it can deliver the same message to other people in another time.. like us for example. I do not know Arabic, I was not born into a Muslim family. Yet here I am, a Muslim because of a book which was revealed in another tongue that I don't understand. God moves in mysterious ways. He guides whom He wills to the straight path.

I want to share part of the Prophet Muhammad's Last Words on his farewell pilgrimage, so that you will understand, our Faith.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black, nor a black has any superiority over a white- except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim, which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not therefor, do injustice to yourselves.

Remember one day you will appear before Allah and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone. People, no prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well therefore, O people, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Quran and the Sunnah (Hadith), and if you follow these you will never go astray. All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listened to me directly. Be my witness, O Allah, that I have conveyed your message to your people."

Also, God sends Messengers to every community or nation. The Holy Qur'an reached you, you are not unaware of its existence, therefore God's message was delivered to you.

7:35 O Children of Adam! If messengers of your own come unto you who narrate unto you My revelations, then whosoever refraineth from evil and amendeth there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

6:130 O ye assembly of the jinn and humankind! Came there not unto you messengers of your own who recounted unto you My tokens and warned you of the meeting of this your Day? They will say: We testify against ourselves. And the life of the world beguiled them. And they testify against themselves that they were disbelievers.

5:33 The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom;

5:34 Save those who repent before ye overpower them. For know that Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

---is this the verse that you were referring to 5:33?

God has always punished those who make war with Him and His messengers. He drowned all the disbelievers in the time of Prophet Noah. He turned the city of Sodom and Gomorrah upside down and rained on it with stones of clay. He drowned the Pharaoh and his people, some He killed with hurricanes, some He caused the earth to swallow.

These people disbelieved in God, and He punished them in this life and in the Hereafter there awaits them worse, Hellfire where they will dwell for eternity.

17:58There is not a township but We shall destroy it ere the Day of Resurrection, or punish it with dire punishment. That is set forth in the Book (of Our decrees).

Calamities are reminders from God to a people who forget Him so that they might become humble and worship their Lord.

6:42 We have sent already unto peoples that were before thee, and We visited them with tribulation and adversity, in order that they might grow humble.

I hope you understand now,StringTh, God did not leave you out of His Message, but everything has its own time.

Peace!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join