It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

seven people shot on party boat in detroit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Parksie

Thats the problem. How do you tell the real killers from those who are just mad at the world. You can be angry and frustrated, even hate someone and never kill. But what actually makes someone cross that line.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

I use to live in Detriot... I loved " is this business as usual comment" .....lol because...it's sooooo true!!!! Remember mayor young? lol talk about bus. As usual!! lol

Anyways...the shooter wasn't a dis-gruntled ex- military nut and the gun-man knew the victims so it's not your usual MSM story where they can hammer us about domestic terrorism.....but...I am surprised they aren't using the story (yet) to take all our guns....

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
And the 2012 drum beat gets louder everyday it seems. Just my theory, but I say we are starting to see what did in the Mayan civilization. It seems to effect certain people, but these people can not handle what ever seems to be happening to the human psyche.Call it DNA change what ever, but something is definitely going on.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
reply to post by n00bUK

But not too much on open carry (openly carrying your sidearm on your hip). I am very surprised it hasn't caught on in a larger way.

I don't open carry
because i don't wanna
get shot by some trigger
happy cop ... that doesn't know the law

THIS. Open carry is legal in the state of Louisiana. If you do it there is an extremely high likelihood that you will go to jail, at least for a few hours.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

Open carry is also perfectly legal in michigan. Several municipalities including detroit have paid lawsuits over this issue.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
You're correct. The national news won't discuss it because it reads like an average day in Detroit (no offense). The horrible violence in Chicago garners very little attention as well. Gotta have the "right" kind of attacker to make the news.

That being said, the FBI is now quick to label the recent "Sikh Shooting" as an act of Domestic Terror when the same authority refused to label the Ft. Hood shooting as such. The FBI and the DOJ mopped up that case and put a polish on Hasan as fast as they could. Just the opposite in the Wisconsin shooting. They are already quick to paint the shooter as a skinhead/white supremacist who probably thought he was attacking a Mosque rather than a Sikh temple.

Well, he was white, ex-military, had legally purchased guns, so he makes a much better terrorist than the dark-skinned guy at Ft. Hood, or the probably black female in this story in Chicago, or any of the daily shooters in LA, or Detroit, or NOLA, or anywhere else across the US.

To make national news, you have to be a white male, preferably with military experience or an advanced education, and using legally purchased guns is icing on the cake!

BUT, from the standpoint of the press, I hardly blame them, because the minority on minority violence (especially in large cities) is a daily occurence, and it would be exhausting to report on all of that, so they just ignore all that crime and wait for something that stands out and makes better headlines to push it nationwide.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
No one has said it yet so I will.

This isn't news because it's an actual random occurrence that is true to life and happening amid all the psy ops.
The media might become confused if they start mixing reality with illusion.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Yet another mass shooting, but the people shot must not be important enough since the story garnered no national media attention. Amazing how the national media picks and chooses what is news and what isn't. Maybe it was because the lady was a bad shot and no one was killed. Or maybe its because it was detroit and for us here its business as usual.

wxyz.m0bl.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

The tragedy's that happen in Detroit occur on a daily basis. The news barely makes it to us in Grand Rapids..
Business as usual....

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Not to be picky, but they weren't on the boat.......only four were shot...and only one was serious......not really even close to the magnitude of Milwaukee or Aurora.
Boat docks, fight breaks out between women, and 4 people were shot

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Nope, i was there 7 people shot total 1 critical was the ladys husband. She was kind enough to dump him at the hospital door before she fled.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Now, why am I not surprised, really

Can we REALLY believe ANYTHING in the paper unless we see it with our our eyes....or know someone who has......

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Seven people shot IS NOT A MASS SHOOTING. 70 people shot as in CO is a mass shooting. And besides that, this in Detroit, and so certainly not a mass shooting. More like "just another night in Detroit".

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Seven people shot IS NOT A MASS SHOOTING. 70 people shot as in CO is a mass shooting. And besides that, this in Detroit, and so certainly not a mass shooting. More like "just another night in Detroit".

I agree with you, but the people Sikh Temple shooting was also 7, and they are calling it a mass shooting, a terrorist attack, a white supremicist, ex-military, Tea-Party, nutjob, and everything else under the sun.

The difference, I suppose, is in the motivation. A drive-by shooting after a fight is a fairly common occurence, whereas a shooting in a place of worship or a military base is a much less common occurence, thankfully. The Colorado shooting was on a whole other level entirely.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Nope, i was there 7 people shot total 1 critical was the ladys husband. She was kind enough to dump him at the hospital door before she fled.

You were there in person when this shooting happened? What exactly did you see?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well, sounds like from what you posted and I read was that she was passenger of this ship. Question now is, was she married or did she have a boyfriend on the ship? And if that's the angle, something says, he was the target because he possibly did something that he shouldn't have while being there with her and someone else.

Women don't go around on shooting rampages unless a man hurt their feelings or slept with another woman.

Trust me, when my man slept with the chick 4 houses down.. Ohhh, I was in full scorned mode.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

She was kind enough to dump him at the hospital door before she fled.

I probably would of done the same thing.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Mass shootings would be a good cover for assassinations.

Wouldn't they?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

This plays right into the hands of TPTB to pass more and more legislation and laws, and target more people, in order to unarm its people....
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I think that might not be correct. I'm starting to change my views about the "remove the guns from the people" talk. I feel the best way to get people to do something it make them feel like they won't be able to do it in the future. "Better do this now, cause later you won't be able..." Perhaps the gubment wants us to be armed and ready to go, just in case.

Every time a Dem gets elected, people freak out thinking guns will be more regulated, and they buy guns.
Every time a Rep gets elected, people are happy that they think guns are/will be more accepted, and they buy guns.

Why would THEY want US armed, you ask? Because if it really did go down they way some of you think, we would be the first ones manning the borders, killing the aliens (ET's), hoarding the food and having more kids (people won't stop that, even if tomorrow is the last day of the world).

If the SHTF and some managed to live, America would be the big, final target of anyone looking to stay alive, by any means.

So keep buying guns, don't be scared and save a few bullets to protect the elite.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

She was kind enough to dump him at the hospital door before she fled.

I probably would of done the same thing.

Hence the name Man Hater. Honesty is a rare quality in a woman. I like you already

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Agreed. Except I still wouldn't call the temple shooting a "mass shooting". They are calling the guy anything they can think of, doesn't make sense to me since Sikhs are the most Deistic open religion in the World and it appears many shot were in fact.. white? Stupid MSM.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join