It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevlar Tires Now Required to Traverse ‘Spear-Like’ GMO Crops!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
naturalsociety.com...]from NaturalSociety.com
Via www.blacklistednews.com...

The news surrounding GMO crops continues to get further and further outlandish as the crops are increasingly mutated and sprayed with a medley of harsh pesticides, herbicides, and insecticides. The latest news comes from an unlikely source — an automotive publication known as Autoblog. The website reports that farmers who have opted to plant Monsanto’s genetically modified seeds have run into one daunting problem (outside of decreased yields and an extremely higher risk of disease): little ‘spear-like’stalks from the harvested GMOs are absolutely wreaking havoc on the heavy duty truck tires

Described by one farmer as a ‘field of little spears’, farmers are now turning to kevlar tires. In case you’re not aware, kevlar is the same material used in bulletproof vests to protect from gun bullets

Ok so.. Here is yet another example of GM crops causing headaches and problems! Of course, this issue is drastically mild compared to the health issues and the mutated crops/insects, but, it still shows that these GM crops cause a lot more harm than good!! Eventually farmers will see that its just not worth it! Not only are the yields are not what the GM companies claim, but also they are not allowed to store seeds for next seasons harvest.. They are forcedto keep buying them over and over again! And now, you better be ready to buy new expensive tires over and over again because the GM crop you invested in is busting them up... Amazing eh?! Again, mild issue compared to the bigger science and health issues,not to mention the ethics/morality of designing GM crops and forcing us to not know what GM foods are in our everyday foods... Ugh.. GM foods need more testing and much much more public awareness!!

Thoughts?!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hmmm a quick romp in the hay could be a little worrying

All those peeps who keep screaming that we should clean up the planet should start by abolishing gmo!! it must surely be the biggest threat to the human race we've ever seen.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
dumb question I know but why aren't we all growing our own natural foods across our cities and rural areas?

we would all be self-sufficient if thats what they taught us at school.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
GMOs will prove to be the biggest man made mess yet.

Mark my words on this.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Just being proactive and trying to be optimistic, but if they take away our guns, these would make some killer weapons!!! Anything to shove Monsanto's creations back in their face!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
dumb question I know but why aren't we all growing our own natural foods across our cities and rural areas?

Because laws have been made and that is illegal. How silly of you - growing your own food!

CJ

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I'm in the uk and I've noticed many of the parks around where I live now have veggies growing in amongst the flower beds. I dont know who is responsible but it was nice to see its happening.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is SO off the charts. We can EAT IT even if it wrecks RUBBER?

Who do we complain to?

OK, I'll grow my own vegies and support my local farmers. I always try to.

But I guess it's now beyond mandatory.

Creepier then chit.

GREAT POST. I couldn't flag this enough. Buyer beware.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Good luck with that.

Estimates place the percentage of GMO products in some staple foods to be greater that 80%.

This train is already well out of the station.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

That is considered a crime here in Chicago. It is a code violation and is frowned upon by local law enforcement. They will go out of their way to fine / harass you.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I can only imagine how outraged humans in the far future will be, knowing every time they plant there crops capable of enduring harsh atmospheric conditions of alien worlds so many tyres had to be sacrificed in the early stages of genetic modified crop research. It will truly will be a bitter pill to swallow.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xavier85

That is considered a crime here in Chicago. It is a code violation and is frowned upon by local law enforcement. They will go out of their way to fine / harass you.

You guys should take a pocket full of seeds with you whenever you go out and spread them EVERYWHERE

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Murad

If it should fall that way...

But I have a hunch, they'll be far more upset by our presumptions and reckless stupidity.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

I grew a HUGE garden this year. More food than my family could eat, and we gave a way a lot to our friends and family, and I'm embarrassed to say we wasted a lot, because I couldn't harvest the okra or cucumbers or tomatoes as fast as they were growing! Its not illegal to grow a little garden, even in the city, you just can't grow tall vegetation in the front yard, and you can't sell it, and so forth.

As far as Kevlar and tires, I was in the tire business for almost 20 years before switching to government. Agricultural tires do not have steel belts like the tires on cars and trucks. They are known as "bias" tires, which is usually just a combination of nylon and rubber, although they are VERY THICK rubber. The move to Kevlar started with industrial radial tires, and moved to pickup trucks, so it is only natural that it would move to agricultural tires where it makes perfect sense.

There are MANY brands of tires out there incorporating Kevlar, but one of the first and most popular was Goodyear MT/R, and then here is a Kevlar-belted "bias" tire.

The steel belts have made tires much, much more durable, and also increased handling and fuel efficiency to a huge extent over the years, but Kevlar offers some unique benefits where steel belts are not suited well.

I have a hard time believing this has anything to do with GMO crops. If the manufacturers can use half the amount of rubber, and instead use a kevlar ply, then it sounds economical to me and beneficial to the farmers. The cut stalks have always been a "field of spears" that isn't new.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks for the info about the tires but this does sound like something new

The latest news comes from an unlikely source — an automotive publication known as Autoblog. The website reports that farmers who have opted to plant Monsanto’s genetically modified seeds have run into one daunting problem, little ‘spear-like’stalks from the harvested GMOs are absolutely wreaking havoc on the heavy duty truck tires

edit on 5-8-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
By AnCapMercenary
Sun, 08/05/2012 - 09:39

FU LL ARTICLE

As if Monsanto's Terminator seeds that only yield a single harvest aren't bad enough, and bankrupting poor small family farms who have been defrauded into using them in the first place. Now, they have to replace rather expensive ginormous tires to the tune of 100's of THOUSANDS of dollars, PER tractor/combine!

The stalks are so sharp and weapon-like that...

Waiting for the first dead by GMO stalks...

Its about time, a farmer will get out of his tractor in the field for wathever reasons, will slip and fell on this spears and die.

Truly begs the question, if GMO 'food' is toxic enough to kill bugs, and the newly genetically engineered plant's own lineage dies after only ONE harvest, and weak enough where insects still manage to overcome the GMO's engineered 'defenses,' how 'healthy' could it possibly be for your body?

Total madness, so obvious its not good but still, the elite keep pushing it as a safe food savior of the world famine.

They are so evil, all bunch of psychopath...i mean they SEE and KNOW what they do, they see the horrific results but ...

They don't frakking care ! I just don't understand...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

I have decided that we are being fed GMO foods and Fluoride water to save our lives.

the PTB know that we are being regularly harvested and eaten by aliens and they found through experimentation that these foods and drink will cause us to be unpalatable to these alien species.

They are also poisoning the air in the same attempt to drive off predictors that have began to harvest the human race.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

All those peeps who keep screaming that we should clean up the planet should start by abolishing gmo!! it must surely be the biggest threat to the human race we've ever seen.

I still can't figure out why people are still buying Monsanto's crap, especially with their business and social record.

Not to minimize the effect of a single criminal corporation -- but -- our politicians, mega-corporations and banksters are the real threat to humanity. Every one of these groups are totally out of control.

edit on 5-8-2012 by jcarpenter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I know, but Kevlar tires to stop puncturing rubber tires based on Modified Crop Structure was news to me.

From an Auto Magazine?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think we should drag Monsonto's executives naked behind a tractor over their GMO Crops and see how it feels.
We have gone too far, too fast with GMO crops.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join