It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It is a privilege to join the ranks of ATS members in many discussions. however it is somewhat regrettable that i am immediately burdened with a choice:

To either ladle you all with 20 unnecessary comments such as single line responses indicating my approval or disapproval of your posts in order to quickly gain access to create topics of my own.

Or - to spend a long time reading many many threads and coming up with something to each which is worth saying - which has not already been said by somebody else. A time consuming activity when your mind is full of things you want to share.

Obviously the concept of this 20 post requirement is necessary to filter the more troll natured amongst us from overwhelming the site content, but it is still somewhat restrictive to new ambitious members of the community.

With all this said i must apologise for the first seemingly pointless post i have created and i will try my best to avoid cluttering up the place with further mindless brain toilet.

Many greetings and such, a simple lad from England

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
greetings earthling.
dont worry you'll have your 20 posts before you know it.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If you've got something important to share I see no reason you shouldn't try to quickly leave 20 responses to threads. If you don't want to clog up "important" threads with meaningless banter, respond to new members like yourself or browse the General Chit Chat forum.

You can also respond in this thread..

Welcome to ATS. =]

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hey, welcome to ATS. Like mentioned you'll get 20 posts and be off on your own in no time.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Just waste them here

Hey there!

What's your favorite topic?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Theillixus

Welcome to ATS...enjoy the ride...

You can reply to every welcome post here. That is very polite, and counts towards your 20 posts.

Des

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Thanks,

This seems like perhaps the best way to waste that 20 post barrier, but as far as having something "important" to I would say perhaps not. just a few thoughts. i'm not a person who is or claims to be in contact with anything supernatural or above the general order of simple society. im just a man who thinks about things more than the average Joe id say.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Theillixus

Another way to get some posts under your belt is to head over to the Off Topic section. Scroll down to the bottom on the forum page or click the tab on the recent post pages. There's a chit chat section, music, movies, rant, art, etc. All sorts of light topics that are easy to join in.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I don't know why i didn't think to just respond here in my own post continuously to clear the mark. thankfully you are all clearly full of more common sense than me and pointed me on my way. But seen as you asked and i have said nothing of myself in my own introduction i suppose i should say a little.

My favourite topics here, for which i have stalked the forums of this site for a long while tend to be ( in no particular order ) Ancient civilisations and the notion that there is more to earth past than is typically learned by most, Philosophical questions relating mostly to existence and such, Secret societies and hidden knowledge, the aliens forum (though i feel only a real gem comes out of there every few hundred posts that go in). and generally most topics that society doesn't address to my satisfaction.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
welcome newbe .enjoy the madness

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
welcome home..

don't sweat it...

Just respond here a bunch of times....and then find a hot topic and get in on it....

really there must be ONE thread where you can chime in and have a good back and forth with some one...

if anything just keep it simple and find some one who knows more than you on something and ask away.....

20 posts go damn quick...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Welcome Theillixus

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Welcome on ATS mate

Hope you'll find what you look for

UD

new topics

top topics

join