It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Because You Love Me (I Put Up With So Much From You) [APWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
To say I have a love hate relationship with you is a bit of an understatement.

The things I put up with from you, well, no one in their right mind would put up with the things I put up with from you, your family, your pets... Yeah you get the idea.

I lay with you every night. No matter your state of mind, no matter whether you’re well, sick or drunk, no matter whether you’re sweating out your latest cold or freezing because you didn’t bother to put the fire on before you came home. I keep you warm, make you comfortable, put up with you even if you hardly sleep because you have so much on your mind. And the farting? Please don’t get me started on the horrid bodily functions you subject me to every night.

Yet every day, you leave me alone. The pets seem to hang around though, seem to want to keep me company. The cat, well after he continuously sinks his claws into me for about ten minutes, seems content with sleeping with me for much of the day. The dog only seems to like my company when you’re with me, but usually stops in for a good back rub or to terrorise the cat before they both run off and go and have fun. Sometimes I wish the legs I was created with could move so I could run around the backyard with them. The view from in here is terrible. But seeing as you’re only here with me at night time, I guess you wouldn’t know.

Your kids have slept with me numerous nights, thrown up on me, peed on me, you name it. Your friends have also slept with me on occasion when you feel the couch is more comfortable than me. I know that just ‘aint true, I’ve seen you rubbing your neck the next day. Comfortable couch my proverbial. And the women you bring home to "sleep" with us? Do NOT get me started there. I should be the one screaming, not them....

Yet I know you love me. You tell me every night how much you missed me, and how warm I keep you. How you hate the sound of the alarm signifying we are to be dragged apart again every day, how you feel somehow contented when your family, kids, cat and dog are all nestled together with us. How you try to stay with me as long as you can on your days off, even when the kids are running around the house with the cat and dog like a miniature cyclone, and all you want to do is leave me and go tell them off.

So for that, because I know how much I mean to you, and how much our parting every day tears you apart more than I, I am willing to love you, despite your faults. Despite all the women, the sweat, vomit and farts, I know you truly love me. For that, I will always be yours.

Regards,

Your bed.

edit on 5-8-2012 by 74Templar because: typos

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
A tear slowly rolls down my cheek as I climb back into bed, wrapping my blanket around my sleepy body, and thanking everything in my world for it's love and support.

S & F as usual my talented friend.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Thankyou.
I really needed some therapy and writing is my outlet. It was difficultly written on the plane flight home where the bed was about the biggest thing I was looking forward to.

new topics

join