It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let Me Explain Myself

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Today I posted on a thread regarding Iran sending a monkey into space. My comment was not demeaning in anyway whatsoever, it was not lude, off-topic, or racist for which I was wrongfully accused. Those who know the history will remember the specific thread. For those who don't, I'll try to explain without directly " incriminating " myself.
The comment I made referred to a president of a nation whom I believe has done a crappy job of running a country. I had stated that if that person were to be the one getting flown to the moon, I would gladly pay for the fuel. Here is the catch:

Because of this statement, I was deemed racist, and I was reprimanded for my actions. I was accused of comparing a president to a monkey...which is racist, I guess??

When Bush was in office, people compared his looks to a monkey as well, and so THAT was acceptable, but my statement is not (even though this guy has extremely large ears as well). I don't get it folks. Merely the idea that this leader is not white, and was referred to as a monkey deems me a racist. Keep in mind, I call my children monkies, so I must be racist at home as well.

My statement was not intended to be racist, or hurtful. My statement was taken out of context, out of character, and I think my comment should have stood.

Political correctness, or whatever you want to call it, will be the death of a nation.

BTW...I'm a black man

Peace!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinny5036

I alerted the staff to that post, it doesn't matter how you meant it, it would have been taken in a racist way and you would have been flamed and it would have derailed the thread. I took it as racist, just because of the thread title and what you wrote, whether you meant it that way or not isn't for me to decide.

Take care

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
People are so caught up with their own prejudice/insecurity/guilt that they become hyper-vigilant to anything they see. This entitles them to jump up and down, point out and soap box about because any of the aforementioned attributes. They are worse then trolls. Effin 80%ers in action right there. So just go on about using the word monkey as you would for you did nothing wrong in the eyes of the sane.

I call my kids monkeys too. I am an Irish American.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Oh, i get it..you're a liberal. Thanks for advising ATS I'm a racist.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Yes, I'm a liberal, you got me.
I stand behind what I did for the exact reasons listed above. Try thinking before you type instead of whining about it afterwards.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Yes, I'm a liberal, you got me.
I stand behind what I did for the exact reasons listed above. Try thinking before you type instead of whining about it afterwards.

LOL...try being realist and get off your soapbox. Grow up and enjoy life. I hope you choke on all the crap you talk.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

A real man stands behind what he says or admits he's wrong. Children deny and whine.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

A real man stands behind what he says or admits he's wrong. Children deny and whine.

This thread would confirm, I am a real man as I am making the case as to why my comment should have stood. By your standards, that makes me "a real man" . Thanks for making my case sir!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Congrats bub. You win.

Edit: I'll even star and flag you so you can feel even better.

edit on 3-8-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I never read your other post; and (of course) no one can now.

I do applaud you for explaining yourself and your position on the issue.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thank you very much! Star for you!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Congrats bub. You win.

Thanks man. It's not about winning anything, only that I believe I was misconstrued.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinny5036

Congrats bub. You win.

Thanks man. It's not about winning anything, only that I believe I was misconstrued.

As I stated in the beginning before you started the childish personal attacks.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Meh.

When the earth has been engulfed by the sun, none of this is gonna matter, in the long run.

HA! I just made a rhyme, which I do, part of the time!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Vinny, I don't know you but I empathize.

I congratulate you on coming back and stating your view.

Peace and love to you my brother.

P.S. my skin color? My sex? it does not matter eh??

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I took it as racist, just because of the thread title and what you wrote, whether you meant it that way or not isn't for me to decide.

Hogwash! You took his comment as being racist because you thought he was a White man. Without that thought, there is no way in hell his comment would have been construed as being racist. Guess who I feel the racist is.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 3-8-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

I took it as racist, just because of the thread title and what you wrote, whether you meant it that way or not isn't for me to decide.

Hogwash! You took his comment as being racist because you thought he was a White man. Without that thought, there is no way in hell his comment would have been construed as being racist. Guess who I feel the racist is.

See ya,
Milt

Thank you, and EXACTLY! SFY

Second.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

Vinny, I don't know you but I empathize.

I congratulate you on coming back and stating your view.

Peace and love to you my brother.

P.S. my skin color? My sex? it does not matter eh??

Thank you, I want all to know I am sincere. I could care less about color of anything. If we were all blind, it would be a way different world.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

See ya,
Milt

lol...you have proof he's not a white man? I tell you I can fly and have snakes for hair and you would believe it?
Plus don't pretend to know me or what I think, you have no idea what was going through my head without knowing the full story junior.

My thread title: Iran to send a monkey into space.
His 1st post: if it's Obama I will pay for the gas.

This had nothing to do with children (I call mine little monkey as well) and there was nothing saying he didn't approve of the president. If people can't see why that might be taken that way...well, there's not much I can do for you.

PS- this is a classic example of the ill-prepared joining a cause without knowing the whole story...fascinating! Now we watch as they stick with their position and flame me, or completely disappear from the thread!

Edit: Little surprise for you sport, people of color can be racist too

edit on 4-8-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2012 by superman2012 because: spelling

Edit: I will not be discussing this any further in this "thread", if you want to ask me any questions, feel free to U2U me and I will respond. I don't expect any will.
edit on 4-8-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

you have proof he's not a white man? I tell you I can fly and have snakes for hair and you would believe it?

No I don't, but then again, I'm not near as concerned about Vinny's color as you seem to be. If you're not a racist, why does his color matter so much to you?

Plus don't pretend to know me or what I think, you have no idea what was going through my head without knowing the full story junior.

Yet you feel you know Vinny well enough to claim his remark was racist, and me well enough to call me "junior". That comment seems a bit hypocritical to me.

My thread title: Iran to send a monkey into space.
His 1st post: if it's Obama I will pay for the gas.

I know! One of his stars was one that I gave him. I only wished that I could have given him two. Thanks to this topic, I have more than fulfilled my wish!

It's too bad they're not sending three monkeys into space. I would have nominated Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to be his copilot, and Nancy Pelosi to be their navigator. That way we'd KNOW that they would get good and lost.

I'm sure you will now think I'm a racist, Islamophobic women hater, but that's okay, I'll get over it pretty quickly.

This had nothing to do with children (I call mine little monkey as well) and there was nothing saying he didn't approve of the president.

In his original comment, he didn't mention anything about Blacks either. That's an aspect you added because you thought he was White.

this is a classic example of the ill-prepared joining a cause without knowing the whole story...fascinating!

That's a classic case of "jumping to a conclusion". You seem to do a lot of that!

Little surprise for you sport, people of color can be racist too

No suprise there! I've witnessed it for over fifty years. Now here's a surprise for you, "Little Grasshopper": Liberals tend to be just as racist, and bigoted, as Conservatives.

I will not be discussing this any further in this "thread", if you want to ask me any questions, feel free to U2U me and I will respond.

You won't get any private messages from me. This discussion started in a public forum, so that is where I intend, if need be, to continue it.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 4-8-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join