It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Could Have Died. Others Could Have Died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I often hear in the wake of various tragedies, the question posed "Where was your Gawd, ya fairy tale believing nut?" as though because there are bad things happening in the world, that is clear evidence that there is no creator. This logic is absurd on its face, but I wont get into that. I would like to share a personal story that happened to me last winter that does answer that question. I'm sharing this for two reasons. One, to encourage people of faith and two, to be a witness that God does show up to prevent a tragedy, regardless of whether or not it is believed. There will always be those who doubt.

I was on my way to work one evening on a Friday night. It was a busy time of night. I had a car at the time that I gave a name to. I always name my cars. I know it's silly, but I do. This one was named the little green monster because it gave me trouble. Fix one thing, something else happens. Fix that , so on and so forth. In any event, I was on my way to work that night and when I turned onto the busy highway that I always take to work and as I was waiting to turn left into my place of work, the car stopped. The engine just stopped. It would not start again.

I freaked out because I could see behind me the bright lights of three lanes of traffic in the distance and in front of me the bright headlights of three lanes of traffic coming towards me. I kept trying to restart the car and saying "Oh come on . Don't do this. Not right here". I kept looking in the mirror and in front of me . I noticed all the cars were stopped at traffic stops. Both directions. I was the only person on that part of the highway all the other cars were gone except for the two large lanes of traffic in both directions stopped at the red lights on both ends.

I knew that once the lights changed, I was in trouble because they would not be able to see me in time and it would cause a huge crash where I was positioned in the middle of the highway. I could see a horrific scene as cars screeched and swerved to avoid me only to hit other cars. It would have been a mess. I was so scared. I knew I only had seconds. I could get out and save myself leaving the car there or I could try to get it started in time to just turn into the parking lot.

Tick Tock. Tick Tock

All this time I kept trying to restart the car. No noise. No chrrrr chrrr chrrrr. NOTHING. I kept speaking to the car. "Please start. Please. Come on. Come on. Don't do this." NOTHING. The lights stayed red. This went on for about five mins. Unheard of in this busy intersection. I kept trying. NOTHING.Finally, I said "Please God help me.Please Jesus I need you right now. " All of a sudden the panic , racing thoughts , scenes of tragedy and the fear left and I sat there for like two seconds, took a deep breath and tried one more time.

Vroom. The car started like there was never a problem and the lights changed at the same time. Trafffic began to move and I whipped into that parking lot like you would not believe. As soon as I did , within seconds , I watched through my rear view mirror and I saw cars whipping by in both directions. Just like that. Now, you can tell me there is no God and I was just lucky. You can tell me that, but I don't believe that. That has never happened with that highway. It is always busy. Always. The lights change quickly. They never hold traffic back like that for that length of time. There were no other cars on the section with me. They had all gone their way during the incident.

So what happened ? Why was traffic held at the stop lights in BOTH directions for that length of time ? Why did my car start and the lights change at the exact same time ? Why did it start like it was brand new after I prayed ? Were angels dispatched by God who heard my cry to hold the light at red so the cars would not move ? And did they shoot a bolt of energy into that engine to make it start again with such ease ? Did Jesus remove the fear and the panic because in his presence there is none and can be none ? I have thought about this. I have pondered this. I don't know how , but I know God was there.

I have a new car today, I should mention. Honey Bee. She's a bight yellow sports car with dark tinted windows and she's a zippy lil thing. Drives great and get's awesome mileage. Took her on a long road trip and she only used 1/3 tank there and back. Easy to maintain and comfortable. But I will never forget the lemon I had . The little green monster and the night I and I believe many others, were spared from a tragedy. I may not be part of an organized religion anymore and I'm still in seeking mode, but when things like this happen in my life, I know I'm on the right track.

edit on 30-7-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: spelling

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your story. I think the POWER in faith (whatever your faith) can create miracles.....

I have had similar incidences throughout my life, even now dealing with being told I have MS....Having faith in something greater than yourself, or being a part of yourself can create a situation in which you become a believer in a creator.....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
Thank you for sharing your story. I think the POWER in faith (whatever your faith) can create miracles.....

I have had similar incidences throughout my life, even now dealing with being told I have MS....Having faith in something greater than yourself, or being a part of yourself can create a situation in which you become a believer in a creator.....

I am sorry to hear that. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope they are wrong and you recover to full health.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Were angels dispatched by God who heard my cry to hold the light at red so the cars would not move ?

As I understand it, there's no need for them to be "dispatched", they are always with you, waiting for you to ask them for help. According to my experience, and my teacher....a very gifted woman.

Glad to hear you were protected. I was once in a vehicle on a dark, switchback-built mountain road, in the winter, and our car was forced to stop due to someone blocking the icy road ahead, who had spun out on the black ice. I was in the back (we were going to drop off a friend before going home, and it was a two-door) and as our car started to slide, my boyfriend said, "We're going over."

And we did. I had curled up in the backseat, and literally had the "life flash before your eyes" thing happen, and then we pitched over onto the sheer drop off. The cliff face was a good 300 feet high. And about 20 feet from the top, we stopped abruptly. The car had caught on some saplings, which grabbed the axle and kept it from rolling/plunging.

Angels, I'm tellin' ya, angels are always right beside you, waiting for you to ask them for help.
Just my little story, and belief. I have other stories, too, but this one popped to mind first.

Glad you're okay!!
s/f
~wild
edit on 30-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

WOW.

That was a beautiful testimony. Thank you so much for sharing. I wanted to encourage others, but this encouraged me.

Thank you so much.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

You're very welcome. I'm a firm believer in forces unseen, and yes, in a Divine force as well.
Things like this are clear signals to me; even the fact that I met my "teacher" was a completely "serendipitous" thing -- I'd been invited to hear her speak on a blind date by a person I'd never met before. She was a brilliant speaker. A couple of years later, she came to town and did a private workshop, which I attended, and had a chance to learn from her with a small group of people, a small class.

She had said at the lecture in the beginning, "I don't teach students. I teach teachers." And she lived up to that in the workshop, what a wonderful group of people were gathered to hear her, and ask questions, and share stories.

Everything that she taught us has made perfect sense to me since.

Glad to have had another chance to share it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

When Peter tried to walk on water, what was the first thing he said? "Lord save me." He didn't need to confess or ask forgiveness or repent to be saved from disaster, just a simple "Lord save me" and it was done. He hears our cries in moments of desperation, and answers them. Let the doubters doubt, and let the saved be saved.

Matthew 14:30-31

30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I've heard of stories where people have been saved from car accidents by angels. Heard one case where a woman was thrown from her car, clear out of her seat belt when it went into a barrel roll several times and while she was flying through the air towards a tree she heard a male voice say "it's ok, i've got you" and instead of hitting the tree an angel laid her down on the ground and when people who witnessed the crash came running she sat up and didn't have a scratch on her.

Heard another case where a guy's boat sank in the Gulf of Mexico, and he had managed to get his beacon before it sank and he spent the rest of the day, that night and half the next day in the water. By the time the rescue boat got to him he was so tired he couldn't even get in the boat but invisible hands grabbed him and shoved him into the boat from underneath right before a shark just snapped at where he'd been floating.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
so your car stalling then starting is the work of god? what a magnificent being he is..of all the problems in the world he chooses to start your stalled car..awesome story
will you people ever grow up?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
A spiritual experience doesn't mean god exists.

Buddhists have the most mystical and spiritual experiences, but we don't believe in god.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
I often hear in the wake of various tragedies, the question posed "Where was your Gawd, ya fairy tale believing nut?" as though because there are bad things happening in the world, that is clear evidence that there is no creator.

I don't think so, skept. In this point alone the argument wouldn't be whether or not a god exists, but whether a god intervenes or not. Many argue that for a god to intervene means that if he helps one and not another, then he is a cruel god. Just wanted to point this out before I read the full story and forget that I wanted to say this. Ick on getting old!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
And while your ‘god’ was starting your car, how many innocent children around the world were killed that he / she or it did not help?

Sounds like your ‘gods’ focus is really misplaced.

Perhaps next time your car stalls ask he / she or it to go help some others that really need assistance, you could theoretically save many children’s lives by not being so selfish.

Maybe that is what your ‘god’ wanted you to do, but you didn’t…..

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Nasty little imps and devils aren't they ?

Changes nothing.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Okay, I believe your faith is strong enough to hear this. And, just to be clear I'm not bashing you in any way. I'm just looking at what you wrote as though it were a scientific anomaly where suggestions are made on how to approach it.

First, some would say, if god was helping you, he wouldn't have let your car stall in the first place.
Second, as I mentioned in my first post, why would god help you, but let millions of others suffer horrendous highway deaths?

Again, this isn't a debate on whether a god exists or not; just a matter of looking at one scenario from different angles.

Peace to you.

new topics

top topics

join