It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers fill empty Olympic VIP seats as storm grows

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

hurray!!!!!!!!!
god save ats!!!
long live ats!!!
if it weren't for ats, i might actually leave my house and leave myself vulnerable to the illuminati,aliens,tptb,the gov't.,
fresh air,rational thought,sunlight,humans.......

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
My only hope is that all those empty seats went to scalpers, and they are now eating them losses up big time. Hate scalpers.....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Australia's Olympics struggled with it's attendance at times too. They were giving away tickets in the end, also bussing in students from schools (which was a good thing) to try and fill up the emptiness. Obviously nothing was learnt...

People just can't afford these days to take days off work any more (regular joe blow), let alone fly to London to sit around next to noisy sweaty peoples, pay $30 for an ice-cream for the kids, and barely see anything. Seem's so much bother when a 50" in the lounge with 3D has it all, hi-def, surround sound, ass close-ups in slow-mo (wife whacking hubby on back of head for oggling too long etc.).

edit on 30-7-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Sounds like Mr. Romney may have been right after all. This quote from their own paper on Mr. Romney.

Nonetheless, Mr Romney questioned the enthusiasm of the British public. "Do they come together and celebrate the Olympic moment?" he asked. "That's something which we only find out once the Games actually begin."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

did i miss something??? what happens Aug 4th???

Well, *coughs* the Galactic Federation of Light is scheduled to appear for the halftime show and expose itself. (Must have gotten that idea from Ms Jackson)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

So when you look out and see hundreds of soldiers in uniforms in the seats you can think.. not only are those seats still empty, but they are wasting money/time/resources by ordering soldiers to sit in them.

This is absolutely stupid. If they weren't money hungry they could refund the poeple that bought them and then resell the seats. I am sure that it is actually an error and those seats were never sold in the first place.. if they were then maybe someone should answer the question of why those people aren't making it. I mean.. thousands of people not making the venues. Either something is wrong OR it's impossible to make it to and from the venues and the government is covering that up.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by camaro68ss

did i miss something??? what happens Aug 4th???

Well, *coughs* the Galactic Federation of Light is scheduled to appear for the halftime show and expose itself. (Must have gotten that idea from Ms Jackson)

That might be the only saving grace for the UK and this debacle of Olympian proportions.

I can see it now...GFL to the rescue.....

Des

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I remember the times B.C. (Before Cable)

I hated the Olympics, interrupted my favorite shows and was BORING!!!

Still do and still is.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Ben81

maybe someone should answer the question of why those people aren't making it. I mean.. thousands of people not making the venues. Either something is wrong OR it's impossible to make it to and from the venues and the government is covering that up.

If the military is taking seats maybe something is UP! Threats? Hoaxes? Rumors? Cover Up? Have you guys seen this one?

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 30-7-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
maybe too many scary ats posts about the olympics is the reason for so many empty seats!!!!!

OR, maybe no one gives a s#!LL about the whole damn derbacle!!!

Perhaps BOTH are correct.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It's no longer about who is the best in the world when the Olympics come around.

Its about rules, regulations and trying to please everyone (you end up pleasing no one). Political correctness and Media interference has destroyed what should be the holy grail of competition.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Who even cares about the Olympics these days? Everyone I know is totally annoyed because it dominates the air time and their favorite shows are canned

But the guy up the top was right, why pay to go to the event when you can sit at home and watch it? And people are lazy these days, lol. And the price of driving and parking or gettin on crowded public transport, you probably she'll out $100 just to get there!

I'm glad the games are failing, just another useless public spectacle.. Now only the commonwealth games need to flop and ill be happy

But in saying that, they'll probably fill up empty seats with holographic people and create a dirty bomb false flag and say 20,000 people died, heck they might even land a holo GFL ship and nuke it.

Oh dear, sweet dreams

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I love the Olympics, but I doubt I would watch a semi-final volleyball match. Or really any match that wasn't for a medal unless it had someone I specifically knew in it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
And the false flag conspiracy theorists will be driven nuts by this one.

They will claim that it's simply the organizers' way of ensuring that soldiers are already in place at every event.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Maybe there are empty seats because these aren't even the most exciting games in town

After all, London is the center for banking fraud in the world.

Maybe people are attending the latest round of the Rob the Middle Class Blind Freestyle, or the 10 Year Manipulating LIBOR Ratings Hurdles.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Ben81

Soldiers and students to fill seats that family including parents of the competitors can't obtain!

How bloody disgusting!

Ahem, hate to burst yours (and everyone else's bubble) but the empty seats we're seeing are part of the allocation made to IOC officials and competitors. If their empty, it isn't the fault of London, but just that the IOC and the "Olympic Family" can't be bothered to show each other a little respect and turn up.

I'm actually glad they are dishing out the tickets to soldiers. They should give a 30 min window and if the seats aren't filled, they should just hand them out for a £1 to anyone who wants one.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Ben81

Soldiers and students to fill seats that family including parents of the competitors can't obtain!

How bloody disgusting!

Ahem, hate to burst yours (and everyone else's bubble) but the empty seats we're seeing are part of the allocation made to IOC officials and competitors. If their empty, it isn't the fault of London, but just that the IOC and the "Olympic Family" can't be bothered to show each other a little respect and turn up.

I'm actually glad they are dishing out the tickets to soldiers. They should give a 30 min window and if the seats aren't filled, they should just hand them out for a £1 to anyone who wants one.

Exactly, tourists paying thousands probably aren't in a big hurry to watch the women's sub-sports.
I think it's great these seats are being given to soldiers.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Probably some type of kickback scheme where the government bought the bulk of tickets and will foot the taxpayer with bill. Maybe that poster with the guy in the turban scared everyone away?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join