It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The position of the sun has changed. I can see it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
OP I am in northern maine and have started to notice celestial things to be "off" a little. However for the time being I'm not gonna complain because I'll deal with watering my garden from the rain barrels for the weather we've been having- 80's and sunny.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I personally discount the position change idea out of hand, but only for one reason. If such a thing happened, it's in clear numbers like math. Nothing to argue or debate, it just is. So, the cry would be going up around the world and probably within days of a deviation totally outside the margins.

Now one group would blame man, another would blame God and I'm sure another would say it just happened because it wanted to. Everyone would find a way to rationalize it enough to shout the news of the change though.

Now...the feeling of things being off? OH yeah... That is alive, well and growing. Slowly now, but still growing.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Thought some of you might be interested in watching this youtube as it's related. I take what the indigenous elders have to say very serious as they know the environments around them better then most of us.

edit on 28-7-2012 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

Sorry cant seem to fix the youtube link, here it is: www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-7-2012 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

I found your input to be very helpful. If something changed wouldn't we be able to tell by looking at the ancient monuments that are always in alignment. I have looked and looked all over the web since reading your post but could not find anything to show that someone has recently checked to see if they are still in alignment.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Arduous

that could explain it. 6.5 degree change in axis may change the way I see the sunset from here. I will research that. thanks.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
"The position of the sun has changed. I can see it" ......... I hope it's not turning into a republican.
edit on 28-7-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

I am not sure if a shift would affect satellites. But the other points seem valid. I don't know enough about them to contradict them. Anyone else know anything as to why these things would not be affected? They should be.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

You're very welcome. I tend to take everything with a grain of salt but NASA seems to know their stuff.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Spring Equinox
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Manhattanhenge"
www.cbsnews.com...

The Sun is where it should be.

You didn't say where you are in Florida so I picked Miami (won't make that much difference). Tonight the sun set in the west-northwest (291º). Tomorrow it will rise in the east-northeast (69º)
www.timeanddate.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaSpace

I wish I could find out if this video were for real. For one it is translated. Two it would be easy to fake. But I have seen something different in the sky myself. So I am not sure what to think at this point.

Any other people notice something different in the sky, sun, moon, stars, etc...????

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

It was not 6.5 degrees, it was inches. It wasn't the rotational axis of Earth it was the figure axis. It did not affect the tilt of the Earth, it did not affect the location of sunrise or sunset.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Unless someone knew this was going to happen in advance I don't think your software would be able to locate these positions accurately if something was up. I don't think that scenario is likely but it is possible. I never really rely on computers. I will have to find a good compass and check these things out myself.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
A bunch of people seemed to notice the sun setting and rising farther north a few years back. Seeing it throiugh the north window is a big clue. I'm not sure it is actually setting farther north though, it could be an illusion. They say the sun has set quite a while before we see it set because of a frflection of the atmosphere. The reflective properties of the atmosphere could have changed and it appears to be setting farther north.

I'm not really sure that the sun's position hasn't changed though. If one of those scientists would actually go out and look at it before discrediting it I would be a lot more secure. People of knowledge often address their knowledge without objectively investigating something. That is why cougars never were in Michigan till a few years ago even though people have seen them for over fourty years. Then they say they migrated here..
How dumb do those "experts" think we are that we would believe their lies used to protect their past ignorance.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Cool. thanks. At least I have a starting point for my research. I will let you know if these are right...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

A reminder...the azimuth directions are true north, not magnetic north.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah. I would have missed that... I am sure I can figure out how to correlate it... Thanks.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
just wanted to throw this in the mix as well:

My dad, who for the past 20+ years has been sitting in the same place in his back yard (front of his house faces due west) commented the other night when I was over. He asked "Why is the sun there? It's never been there before?!"

The place that he sits is in the North of the back yard, behind the house, and the sun was clearly shining on him...never had seen this before myself either...

So yeah, seems to be a bit more north than usual. I thought that this time of year the sun started setting a bit more to the south...

just my (and my dad's) thoughts...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

So what I think I hear some of you saying is that the earth must not be tilting on it's axis correctly causing the sun to be a little further north at this time of year, unless the sun itself has moved... If the earth's axis isnt shifting correctly then wouldn't astronomers notice this with the stars not being in the correct positions either.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I have noticed it too. I live in Denver CO. The mountains are west. Most of our streets run N.-S and E-W when driving home west, toward the mountains after work I am usually blinded by the sun this time of year, not this year, it is definitely setting more north. My friend who wakes up before sunrise noticed the sun rising more north than usual. Being a professional gardener, I am very aware of where the sun usually is during any given time of the year. This year has been the strangest year not only because of this but also because of plants doing things they have never done before, blooming months early going dormant early, I have also seen weeds that I have pulled for years, start to throw their seeds like they have never done before. Early this spring when the Lilacs bloomed way too early, and more profusely than ever, and many other plants blooming like crazy and early I had mentioned to a few, that it seemed like they were using up all of their energy to reproduce (plants do this when under stress and are about to die) this whole year is off and I am not a 2012 doomsday type person, but... something is going on that is for sure.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by B2X2L

Funny. The Sun seems to be rising and setting right where it should be where I live.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join