It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I keep on seeing "dopplegangers"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I know this is ridiculous but I keep on seeing "dopplergangers". I see doubles of people. Once even in my own house...as clear as day. It is so weird. It is a german superstition, and I am not german, I am jewish actually, and it is ridiculous this superstition is true. This happened to me after meeting a strange german girl...I spoke to her, she was overly friendly, and I began seeing dopplegangers. I saw a dopplerganger of my cousin. I was in my bedroom when I felt the need to constantly look out the door...I kept on looking when I saw my cousin walk up the stairs. I called out his name, and he didn't answer. Ten minutes later he actually walked up the stairs and said hello. I was shocked! I am not involved in any drugs or anything like, never touched anything.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
According to legend you must be careful to avoid alerting the individual that you witnessed their doppelganger until after the event is over.

The reason being that if you alert them while their doppelganger is out and about, you can risk severing the tie between them and that sounds pretty bad.

I don't actually believe that but it is indeed the substance of the myth/legend. So maybe it is something to keep in mind and be careful about?

There are some really diverse and compelling stories about this phenomena dating back hundreds of years.
edit on 28-7-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
ok, thank you...i think it is crazy.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I've never in my life seen a doppleganger and never heard of anyone I know ever seeing one.. we've seen some similar looking people but they are clearly not dopplegangers in the literal sense.. they are just people who resemble one another either by style or genetic appearance .. it's bound to happen since we're all technically related at some point in the big family tree =)

Not belittling your experience at all .. It's an interesting thing.. I just don't believe in the myth/legend personally..

Imagine if that were fact.. it would indeed be pretty creepy I think..
edit on 7/28/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I don't know about the mythical ones,but has anyone else ever noticed that no matter the race, and somtimes even across racial lines, that it seems like there are only like a couple thousand different templates and each of us just happen to occupy one? I mean I see people all the time and remeber seeing others that look just like them, and I don't mean one or two but literally hundreds of different people who like athe before mentioned couple thousand templates? Not to say everyone fits, as I see new faces all the time, wohever I am not sure if this is just me seeing yet a new template I have previously encountered or if it is an actual original face.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I've seen it with cats before that made me feel like I was in the Matrix, but there have been some circumstances at a friends house where I felt like a certain person was in the room without having a full visual, but then finding out that person in the room ended up being someone else. Like a test or something of the sort.
Maybe that is what is going on all around us, we are being tested for our faith by a higher species and if that species finds fault in your faith, then you have to start over again?!!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Another similar phenomenon in Irish folklore is called a fetch.

My grandfather reported seeing his fetch several times before dying a few weeks later. Though he called it his "shadow" and said it had separated from him.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by miniatus

I don't know about the mythical ones,but has anyone else ever noticed that no matter the race, and somtimes even across racial lines, that it seems like there are only like a couple thousand different templates and each of us just happen to occupy one? I mean I see people all the time and remeber seeing others that look just like them, and I don't mean one or two but literally hundreds of different people who like athe before mentioned couple thousand templates? Not to say everyone fits, as I see new faces all the time, wohever I am not sure if this is just me seeing yet a new template I have previously encountered or if it is an actual original face.

I have noticed that.. and I would love to have a geneticist chime in on that possibility .. I mean the way I think of it though, with evolution and the gene pool .. that there are so far a limit of variations out there.. but I think it's an ever expanding set of variations .. so it's entirely, to me.. possible to find sets, or groups of people that look quite a lot a like .. I don't even think that's questionable .. we see it plenty .. but the gene pool continues to diversify the more we breed.. interracial breeding is on the rise.. as it has been for a long time.. so that increases genetic diversity .. and genetic diversity is good anyway =)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
A very famous English author, Wilkie Collins, constantly complained about his doppelgänger actually living in his house. Collins worked with Dickens on several projects.

Of course, Collins was also an opiate addict.....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by babybowrain

I know this is ridiculous but I keep on seeing "dopplergangers".

If it makes you feel better, I don't find what you are saying ridiculous, and I am usually the one saying or thinking that something is ridiculous.

In the last year or so, I have had two seperate incidents where I have seen someone that looked like someone else from my past. I dug out the old photographs, and compared them, and both times the subjects looked identical. Each time, I was convinced enough to ask them if they were who I thought they were. Each time it was determined that they were not.

I don't know what to make of it, if anything at all, and forgot about it until reading your thread.
edit on 28-7-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

My grandfather reported seeing his fetch several times before dying a few weeks later. Though he called it his "shadow" and said it had separated from him.

Yes my cousin almost died after I saw him!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I saw my son sitting on his bed playing a computer game about 3 yrs ago, he was wearing a red top, and as I walked past thought it must have been a new one as I didnt remember it. When I went downstairs, he was in the garden, wearing a white tee...so no, I don't think you are mad or crazy, however I would be pretty spooked to keep seeing them!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybowrain

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

Yes my cousin almost died after I saw him!

He almost died after you seeing this ? thats pretty well worth mentioning in your original post dont you think ?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Thankfully I have never seen my own doppleganger. However, a great many friends and family down the years have admitted to having seen mine in various places, strangely, many of these sightings have been in my home city of Liverpool, in places where I wasn't at that time and they have then contacted me to ask me if I was in such and such a place at the time they'd just seen me.

So is it only bad if you see your doppleganger yourself? I know that seeing your doppleganger is a bad sign, usually that your death is imminent or something, but is that only if you see it or is it just as bad if somebody else sees it?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Its an interesting topic but i honestly think its some kind of glitch in the brain more than the "matrix" your mind can play tricks on you and make things seem very real,their might not be an elephant in your room but if your brain processes and image and makes an elephant appear in your room then it will seem 100% real to you, similar to de ja vu,you swear you have been in that situation before but its only because the brain makes it feel real.

new topics

top topics

join