It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellites pick up unprecedented Greenland ice melt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ok this was reported 22 hours ago, if already a thread apologies I have searched, and couldn't find anything relating to it, but hey, I'm only human ......I think !

So as the title suggests, Greenland is melting . Well sort of...

Greenland's surface ice cover melted this month over a larger area than ever detected in more than 30 years of satellite observations, NASA said Tuesday.

The article goes on to say.....

According to measurements from three separate satellites analyzed by NASA and university scientists, an estimated 97 percent of the ice sheet surface thawed at some point in mid July, the agency said in a statement.

Apparently only around 50% thaws around this time of year....So what gives ?

Link to Article

So guy's what do you think ?

I'd prefer to keep the topic in the direction of what the consequences might be (as I have no idea, apart from adding more water to the sea), could this increase rainfall ? affect climate/weather ? Is this a precursor to some Noah stylie flood ? (Well ok, maybe not).

Letstry not to get bogged down by the whole Global warming man vs nauture debate, the last time something on this scale occured according to the article was about 150 years ago (so not a million years off of when the Dalton minimum/Carrington event occurred), are we just going through the cyclic motions ?

Thanks for reading

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Thread already here

Thread

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Thanks for that

Grrrr, why is the search function so hard to navigate ?

Mods, please close/remove/delete/feed to the conpiracey monster

new topics

join