It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Commission Calls for Legalizing Prostitution Worldwide

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I just want to add:

I wouldn't wife a ho and I know a lot of men who wouldn't. Also, nuclear families are pretty much what's creating the problems we are having with today's youths. We didn't have the crime and this and that 50 years ago when nuclear families weren't the norm. Granted, this isn't 50 years ago but we do learn history for a reason... to learn from it.

Food for thought.
edit on 24-7-2012 by kimish because: Never mind:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I'm not sure if you're confused on the term, or lived in a different country at the time, but the nuclear family is in decline and has been so for decades.

A nuclear family is essentially just a wife, husband, and some kids. We're you thinking of something different?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by sonnny1

A Women’s silence and “consent” can be bought. At least it seems that way, with Legalized Prostitution.

It can also be bought with alcohol, a nice car, a nice dinner, a townhouse with a view, a date to see Magic Mike. Buying "consent" is something that has gone on since we stopped hitting women with clubs and dragging them to our caves.

Ironic, that I agree with Radical Feminists, on this one issue, actually.

I dont think women will ever be considered equal to men, as long as there is a price tag, when it comes to morality, and sex.

How far have we come, to justifying the club and the cave, to a nice dinner, and a swank hotel room.........

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Legal prostitution and the UN? What better way to start population reduction, kill em off with aids...brilliant!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by sonnny1

A Women’s silence and “consent” can be bought. At least it seems that way, with Legalized Prostitution.

With that mindset McDonlads kidnaps all their employees. They just buy off their consent.

Again, Woman have been fighting for equal rights, with men for a long time. Ask many radical feminists. They will tell you, Prostitution is wrong . You being a "radical", I would have thought, you would have agreed with their statements on it.

edit on 24-7-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Certainly I'm sure the pimps wouldn't be too crazy to pay the taxes for their services just the same way the prostitutes would. The underground economy is vast in many sections of the world where majority(not all including freelancers ) of them are controlled by the mafia.

Well this is the problem. If you legitimize an industry people can work for businesses and not pimps. It makes absolutely no sense why this would be illegal when people do it every day, even unwittingly (Never had a girl that cost nothing).

The best thing for the people that are in this industry if it's legalized, is that they can contact authorities if they are abused or mistreated, and suddenly they are treated like actual human beings...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I dont think women will ever be considered equal to men, as long as there is a price tag, when it comes to morality, and sex.

Hey, the price tag is their's not mine. I'd prefer to just be open about my intentions, and see who's interested, LOL! In fact, that is exactly how I approach sex, and it is usually much more successful than trying to "seduce" someone.

BUT, the fact is that most of the mating ritual of humans revolves around coercion, because coercion took the place of force. It is slowly changing, as women are realizing they hold all the cards, but we're not equal yet. We might have even over shot the target somewhat, because now that women are empowered enough to realize they hold all the cards, they are also able to manipulate the situation, which just furthers the act of coercion, and still puts some type of price tag on the act.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Oh prostitution would be great in America. Could you imagine all of the great women you could get and then dump the girlfriends and wives..This is why girls in America don't want prostitution, they know they lose the P-U-$$ EEE control.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Hey, the price tag is their's not mine. I'd prefer to just be open about my intentions, and see who's interested, LOL! In fact, that is exactly how I approach sex, and it is usually much more successful than trying to "seduce" someone.

Star!

I hear ya. Yes, its a tough topic, actually . I would actually have expected more women to chime in on it, and here you have us "guys" filling up pages, on the subject..........

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Evidently I was. I was taught that the nuclear family was the family that was basically raised in a single parent household or with step parents.

Thanks for pointing that out
So, what is the label I was looking for?

Regardless, I believe that that plays some impact on the situation at hand. A little impact has more effect than no impact.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
is that they can contact authorities if they are abused or mistreated, and suddenly they are treated like actual human beings...

Ever see how a woman at a strip club, is treated by the authorities ? I have. They treat them like meat. Heck, when I was bartending, the Police would always try to get free lap dances, and the rules were always different for LEO's. They could swap numbers with the Girls, which is against policy, for regular customers. Just what I saw, and that was legal stripping.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I've witnessed it too. The LE pulling their card out to get some snizz at no or a lesser cost.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

It makes a HUGE difference, but I've come to realize it MAY be more of a result of social expectations than anything inherent of our nature.

Everything from crime, education, socioeconomic status, etc..is effected by a break from the traditional nuclear or extended family.

I don't know what the term is. Around here we just say a broken family, and the actual term for a child without a father is a bastard, though it's politically incorrect to use it these days.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by boncho
is that they can contact authorities if they are abused or mistreated, and suddenly they are treated like actual human beings...

Ever see how a woman at a strip club, is treated by the authorities ? I have. They treat them like meat. Heck, when I was bartending, the Police would always try to get free lap dances, and the rules were always different for LEO's. They could swap numbers with the Girls, which is against policy, for regular customers. Just what I saw, and that was legal stripping.

Talk about coercion.

I totally agree. LEO's are probably the last people that a stripper or call girl wants to see. They will either be further victimized and taken advantage of, or they will be treated like criminals. Either way, they tend to stay away from people in uniforms. Especially the real victims of human trafficking, because the law enforcement in their home countries is even worse than the law enforcement in our country, and they usually have threats against their families to boot.

The Feds are quite a bit better though. The FBI, the State Police, the US Marshalls, the hotlines and task forces, there is real help out there, but it definitely is NOT the local police.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm not replying to anyone in particular, but some of you need to brush up on your history.
Take Spartan women for example. They were a tough bunch. When their husbands went off to war, they were quite capable of defending themselves from unwanted advances. More women should learn from these fiesty broads.

In ancient times, men would only utilize prostitutes in times of war. If the UN is looking to legalize prostitution WORLDWIDE, we have a huge problem. WWIII anyone?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Great opportunity to tell the boss to go to hell and start your own business.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Oh Boy! Oh Boy!
Is that included in Obama Care?
Do I get a Link card or Food Stamps for that?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
SO let me get whtay i heard. lts leagalize it so ppl can spread aids everywere and depopulate themselves. spread teh made diesease

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89
SO let me get whtay i heard. lts leagalize it so ppl can spread aids everywere and depopulate themselves. spread teh made diesease

Yes. That's exactly it. Because no one is having sex outside of marriage now, thank god. But as soon as they legalize prostitution, Aids is liable to encompass the world!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

If radical feminists were for truly for a "woman's right to choose" they would want prostitution to be legal. They are really a bunch of bull#. Legal prostitution would give the woman full control over her own body.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join