It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gay agenda and why it bothers me: An analogy

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevealationMy views actually are not driven by catholocism.
I'm just pointing out the hypocricy of the religion. Hence the priests raping boys analogy. I think you have trouble with reading comprehension..... or I'm open minded enough to realize it may be me and my writing
edit on 24/7/2012 by Revealation because: (no reason given)
Organized religion is fundamentally hypocritical. But so are all anti-gays, so you can't really be left off the hook. Basically, both anti-gays and organized religion are evils, in different and in exactly the same ways.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I dont really see the comparison of putting gays on tv is the same as putting porcupines on tv. You get more tv views when more people want to watch. Gays wants to relate and see gays on tv. Putting porcupines on tv doesnt get ratings. Thats why in every movie theres a white, black, gay, and sometimes arab. Everyone gets to be satisfied here. Tv is just selling out as always. Media feeds us ton of garbage, but not because of a hidden agenda. The agenda is simple, money. But you are right that they are trying to make gay cool. Theres a big market for it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Poopooplatter

How is gay cool?
How do you think gay is being made to look cool to you?
Is it working?

edit on 24-7-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by kyviecaldges
Please son...

I can walk circles around you discussing Constitutional law.

You are afforded equal rights and privileges under the law per the 14th Amendment because your rights are, in fact, given by law.
Except for the fact the Supreme Court has never even established a definitive connection towards gay rights and the 14th amendment. And the fact that in 26 states, businesses can legally discriminate against LGBT workers. This has happened, and there is no legal recourse. There certainly have been lawsuits. Yet, no SCOTUS ruling regarding this atrocity. Wonder why.

DOMA is still on the books. Prop 8 is still on the books. 14th amendment certainly did NOT prevent discrimination to become enshrined in state constitutions and our federal government.

Then show me some.

If a hate crime can happen to anyone then show me a hate crime conviction in which a white male heterosexual is the victim.

YOU CAN'T.

Heterosexual males are constantly discriminated against.
I can't because there are no stories on the web regarding anti-straight, white male, hate crimes. Probably because they happen rarely, and the straight men choose not to go public, like most hate crime victims. With that being said, you can look up the statistics regarding anti-heterosexual hate crimes, and come back to me when you see that there are, in fact, documented anti-straight hate offenses that are identified and the offenders legally charged.

You gays are finally on top and your loving the dominant role.
(pun intended)
We're not on top yet, but we do have some power, and of course we love it, or at least I do. Because we deserve it. After what our community has been through, we deserve some power and control of things. But we're not on top at all. More like homophobes are sinking to the bottom. Right where you belong.

link   
As long as porcupines don't get the right to adopt cats and or dogs, I don't have a problem

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Funny how homophobes think that being gay is suddenly cool and the in thing to be, even when North Carolina voted 61-39 against gay marriage just three months ago, and hate crimes outside of the highly-gay populated, predominantly white, liberal enclaves is rising dramatically. But yeah, it's suddenly totally cool, and LGBT folk are simply making up stories of discrimination.

I also find it eye-raising how some folks here admit they don't have gay friends and don't understand or relate to gay people. It's like some see LGBT individuals as a different species.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by FailedProphet

Originally posted by buster2010
Homosexuality is part of nature so why should it hidden? The reason why homosexuality is hated so much is because of the religious dogma that has been forced on us since birth.

Guess you didn't read my post.

Kneejerk response, much?

it has nothing to do with the actual fact of gayness. Instead it's the feeling of being manipulated incessantly.

This says it all. No one is trying to bring you out of your knuckle dragging state of mind.

Yes yes yes they are. Gay parades, gay bike rides, gay characters in nearly every TV show and movie, repeated gay marriage props (which get voted down every time). All of it together equals what we call an agenda? If it isn't to try to get more people to accept homosexuality as normal then what is it for?

Have you ever seen a parade of heterosexuals with signs talking about how normal it is and how great it is?

No but have you ever seen college spring breakers in Florida or the Jersey Shore?

There's your heterosexual pride parade - they're just as loud, obnoxious and "proud" to be who they are.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The fact that theres a vote for gay rights on any issue shows the push for it... Im just stating that tv attempts to make it very acceptable and inviting to be gay. Much cooler than being ridiculed or harrassed by everyone in an unaccepting society. If they can sell gay and make it cooler than it previously was its a smart marketing move. When people are closet gay and ashamed they are less likely to buy and be as proud of their lifestyle. It doesnt make business sense. They want it cool, they want to make money. Am i saying its cool? Im not giving my opinion on if i think its cool. This is just merely an observation from a business stand point. It makes sense to me anyways.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Anything forced down your throat constantly is something that you allow. I don't think gays are breaking into your house and forcing you to watch them make out. You consciously turn on the tv, radio, movie, etc. and allow whatever tptb want you to think interrupt your non-gay thought process. If you don't want to hear it, turn it off and stop whining.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaysandnights

Except for the fact the Supreme Court has never even established a definitive connection towards gay rights and the 14th amendment.

This is the most ridiculous statement that I have ever heard.

As a person you have rights protected by the 14th Amendment.

Gay rights is a fantasy.
This is like calling for Fat rights.

Homosexual BEHAVIOR is a choice.
Being open about it is a choice.
Your orientation may actually be biological, but you have a choice to do what you do while being vocal about it.

Seeking equal rights only concerns situations that are beyond your control.

You are in full control of the thing that you claim brings discrimination.

Just HUSH UP and keep it to yourself and you would be fine.

Yet, no SCOTUS ruling regarding this atrocity. Wonder why.

It's not an atrocity...
Its the Constitution and it was not written to keep you from getting your feelings hurt.

And the fact that in 26 states, businesses can legally discriminate against LGBT workers.

They can also discriminate against smokers and fat people.

Hell, people who don't care of themselves in general.

This makes the business look bad and they lose business.

Why do you insist on going where you are not wanted?

As I said.
You want to be able to openly engage in a behavior that is a choice, and that is fine, you can do that.

But you also want people who find it repulsive to NOT have to find it repulsive.

Keep it to yourself and you won't have a problem.

Your version of equal rights is molding the world to fit your needs.

Eat some humble pie and recognize that other people don't have to embrace you.
Man up.

edit on 24/7/2012 by kyviecaldges because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/7/2012 by kyviecaldges because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Sounds like this country is getting a nice big steaming pile of democracy (mob rule) and they dont like the taste. I mentioned on another thread about multiculturalism being a kin to neo-colonialism.

The social architects know exactly how to force us to live in close proximity to people who do not share the same views and customs. This is a divisive move to exert control by decentralizing any movements based on nationalism or conservatism or distracting us from actual issues of governance. The goal is to homogenize the society to remove distinctions and individuality. This benefits the elite because they can remove freedoms like speech in the name of social justice or being progressive and make us think it was what we all wanted to begin with. This is a soft form of censorship.

I think the OPs point is that his choice in the matter is being removed. Kind of how homosexuals want to have freedom of choice but want to limit that freedom to anyone opposed to their view. I am speaking in general terms here. I wont actually give my opinion on the matter because it is irrelevant.

This country (USA) is a republic but that is greatly ignored in favor of the lie that we are a democracy. In a republic the people in a given region (states) would decide how they want to live in that territory and if someone wanted to live in the Gay territory they could just relocate and be as Gay as they want. Instead we are forced to adopt views and cultures that are not our own which eventually leads to eradicating that view or culture in an area in favor of a substituted culture. Who mourns the loss of these cultures? Who feels it is unjust to impose views on others? Can freedom be forced on you?

The guilt trips have to stop. I would not try to make a homosexual feel guilty about their choices however if I opposed that view I would be shamed into accepting it.

Some food for thought.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I don't really have the time to read through all of the pages so, I'm hoping someone can tell me at what point this thread got moved into another forum??

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think its natures way of saying to the human being(male or female), something aint right with you so therefore nature doesn't have to worry about any offspring. kind of like a mutt dog, no one wants..

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

This country (USA) is a republic but that is greatly ignored in favor of the lie that we are a democracy. In a republic the people in a given region (states) would decide how they want to live in that territory and if someone wanted to live in the Gay territory they could just relocate and be as Gay as they want. Instead we are forced to adopt views and cultures that are not our own which eventually leads to eradicating that view or culture in an area in favor of a substituted culture. Who mourns the loss of these cultures? Who feels it is unjust to impose views on others? Can freedom be forced on you?

A-FREAKING-MEN!!!

The Federalist Paper no. 10 says that democracy is the tyranny of the masses and it has become the tyranny of the gays.

Great comment.

If I could applause 20 times over then I would.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Another point I would like to address is the idea of homosexuals "flaunting" their lifestyle in front of others via parades etc.

Let us play devil's advocate a moment. How do people feel if there is a clan rally on the steps of their courthouse?

They are as free as any homosexual to pursue their freedom of speech however revolting you might find it. Does that mean it is done with respect or tact?

Is it tasteful for them to flaunt their view in front of people who wish not to see it? Is your revulsion something to be ashamed of?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well, it seems from this page that gay people were the worst thing that ever happened.

I just hope that if I ever wrote anything so void of humanity and compassion, and deliberately hurtful to any group, that if a God exists - then I would beg His forgiveness.
edit on 24-7-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Has anyone noticed that this thread was moved to "relationships"?

Just curious as to what pushed it in that direction????

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
One of the things that struck me when reading this is that given the linear and limited nature of time, when we decide to emphasize the theme of gayness in a TV show or a classroom, it's not merely adding something new. Rather, something else gets taken away. When the art history professor emphasizes DaVinci's porcupine, that means there is less time to talk about his use of line and shadow. When the literary teacher spends the whole class talking about Dickens's negative porcupine reference, there is less time to talk about his use of literary devices like allusion or plot construction. When a TV show focuses excessively on porcupines, other plot wrinkles are excluded because you only have so many minutes in a TV show to work with. It's easy to see how this might be annoying, and how one might wonder if all this is really necessary. This is what I see the OP objecting to, rather than the existence or rights of gays. But don't let that stop you from howling about "hate."

There is a difference between making this kind of objection and saying you hate homosexuals. But to the hysterical politically correct mind, any criticism like this at all is stripped of nuance, flattened, and responded to as if he'd called for mass gassing of gays in concentration camps. It's a ridiculous, repressive, and unfair response, but one that is sadly on full display in this thread.
edit on 7/24/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDSand a typical gay response. "try It"..See you numb minded people always trying to push your homosexual desires on other people..amazing..I feel sorry for you dysfunctional human beings in this world. Now go play in your toilet..LOL
I didn't say you should try sex with the same sex. I said you should try anal sex. Since your obsessed with it, clearly. And you clearly have zero idea of the mechanics behind it, really anything about it. So, you want to know what it's about, go ahead and do it. And stop talking about it over and over again here.

You shouldn't feel sorry for me. I'm not fixated on what other people do with their bodies

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join