It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are very few people left who can see

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Thanks for your attempt at explaining. Yet I still cannot quite grasp how you consider the Unconscience
mind a seperate entity from ones own being. "Choices not your own" or to that effect in your explanation.

For clarity, do you consider the "Unconscious Mind" and the "Sub Conscious Mind" the same
by definition?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by XXXN3O

Thanks for your attempt at explaining. Yet I still cannot quite grasp how you consider the Unconscience
mind a seperate entity from ones own being. "Choices not your own" or to that effect in your explanation.

For clarity, do you consider the "Unconscious Mind" and the "Sub Conscious Mind" the same
by definition?

I would class the Unconscious mind as the motor function side of the mind, ie breathing, blinking etc, I have not brought this up in the topic.

The sub conscious mind is a part of its own to answer your question.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Dear XXXN3O,

This topic is not really about hypnosis but more about societies conditioning of the sub conscious and weakening of the conscious minds guards. Also, over a long period of time even a hypnotist who is repeatedly hypnotising someone can change a persons mind about something. But, that is called hypnotherapy.

I understand; but, to suggest that people can have their thoughts controlled without their willing acceptance and understanding is in and of itself a hypnotic suggestion. It is telling people that they are not responsible for their thoughts and beliefs and that is not true. People choose to be ignorant and that is why they accept the justifications that are offered by the media.

Over the centuries, many people believe that they have spoken to spirits. Sometimes they do bad things and tell us that the voices in their heads told them to; but, that does not excuse the fact that they chose to do it. It is like the old saying about, if your friends told you to jump off a bridge would you? The media preys on the weak minded, there are weak minded people. The media is more at fault; but, the weak minded can be empowered and change their decisions. Peace.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Fair enough, so from your experience, you have come to the conclusion that the (shall we call it)
Second Mind is a repository of sorts(lets say pool) pool of data that is filled by any accumulated
sensory input that is not filtered by the conscious mind. Is that correct?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Enjoy your swim

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Originally posted by BlueMule
reply to post by XXXN3O

Basically what you're saying is very few people have undergone ego-death & resurrection. I agree. That's one of the features of the Kali Yuga.

Not completely.

I am just trying to show people how our minds work and how pretty much all of us are locked in a mind cage of sorts.

Right now, I would be lying if I could say, I know how to prevent this but I feel its important to share. If anything however, I would say that a small bit of informed ego against what you do not wish to let into your mind is not a bad way forward. No ego, is a bit like swallowing up everything I think.

It just depends on how deep you want to go with the ego, its impossible not to have any ego at all.
edit on 20-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

But our subconscious does pick up far more and we can access that. Our Superconsciousness even more than this, and yet has the hand on the veil, its a need to know basis and due to good behavior, though there are no limits on when info is given or shown, some are the opposite, at their hardest moments, not their best.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Nice Thread, ..How about this .. Consciousness and Subconsciousness is an Illusion being fed to
the minds of Humanity in order to control the Vertical as well as the Horizontal, or for lack of a more
precise word Matrix. Shapes, Angles/aka Angels, Colours, Sounds etc. are all part of the control methods
used to shape Society as we know it. However, by being aware that there are higherarchy's running everything we think is real, solid and 3D removes their 'whomever the jerks happen to be' Power like a subject, being hypnotised.
If the subject can no longer be conned aka hypnotised due to the awareness they have gained, they cannot
be used for evil alternative motives, unless willing.
I will add that as much as we'd like to believe we're really humans, really 3Dimensional physical Matter, we
aren't. We're just entranced by the glitter and glam that's fed to us daily through .. you name it. TV, Media etc etc..
Anyways... Just my thoughts ...
edit on 21-7-2012 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

While I do understand what you have said, I disagree with certain assumptions.

Are you sure you understood the OP. I'm not so sure you did. Though I'm not sure he could have made it any clearer without writing a thesis.

You cannot hypnotize someone against their will. That is one.

The answer to this is yes and no. Choice only applies if you are informed or asked prior to being hypnotized. Then you can resist if you so desire. But it is hard to resist what you are unaware of. The average person goes in and out of altered states several times a day, making them susceptible to suggestion at those times they are in the alpha state. Every time you focus intently on something, you start drifting toward the alpha state. Every time you watch television, you drift in and out of an altered state, mostly in. If you truly understood this, you would also understand the OP.

The second is that the subconscious does not make decisions, it rotates facts and hypothesizes. Decisions are only made by the conscious, such as the decision to accept what the hypnotist tells you.

Simply put. "When the imagination and will power are in conflict, are antagonistic, it is always the imagination which wins, without any exception." Emile Coue

If you hypnotize someone, you cannot get them to do something that they would not otherwise do.

There is some truth to this. But it isn't completely true. As I said before, it is hard to resist what you are unaware of.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

What a well written explanation OP. I'd like to nominate you for applause. Mods?

I can't add anything to it, so I'm just going to keep it for reference. It could come in very handy.

S&F&

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Now I must ask, what if the subconscious mind is actually the collective consciousness? If this were the case it would take us down the rabbit hole a bit further.

This collective pool of information and thoughts would explain why humans act and think somewhat alike and are as predictable as they are. If we are all connected to the collective consciousness then we all have access to the same flow of information being fed into our conscious mind, making our default thinking patterns one in the same.

Paradoxically speaking it could also explain the significance of total individuality and freewill. If we are all truly connected as one through this collective consciousness the avenue to individuality lies through freewill. The decisions one makes from the information streamed into the conscious from the collective conscious would and do grant us individual uniqueness.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Hardly. There's has to be desire for that kind of thing to work. It's like the Imperius Curse: if you don't have even the slightest desire to do it, you won't.

There were three men who were hypnotized. All three were asked for money. One man lied and said he didn't have any. The third man couldn't reach his wallet. His hand wouldn't go near it. The third man snapped right out of it and left.

This is a true story. Look it up if you want, you might learn more that way.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
My dad was a hypnotist and I've been 'right there' for many sessions of family and friends...

He has told me many times that you cannot get people to do anything that they would not normally
do, yet I have witnessed acts to the contrary. What he meant was that that he could not
get a person to jump from a building by implanting a suggestion that they could fly....but I have seen
people do some crazy stuff because of his implanted post-hypnotic suggestions that were
implanted with a trigger word.

But back on topic....

Me and my subconscious have good days and bad days. I used to think that I processed information
faster than other people and responded to information faster, but have realized of late that what is
really happening is that I have a clearer connection (less filtered) between my conscious
and subconscious. This leads to problems some days when I simply cannot stay on topic
during a conversation. When a person is speaking my 'sub' is slamming me with info at every
word, every stimuli in the room...it might be what is called ADD, but I can hardly conceive of it
as a deficit---it seems more like an over-abundance. I would call it an Attention Acuity Disorder where
where when I hear a word like 'implanting' (for instance) my 'sub' brings up references to
insemination, gardens, tomatoes, hypnosis, flower beds....etc., and by the time the person
has finished speaking I have a list of replies at the ready (much like that scene from the movie
Terminator where a list of possible responses pops up for the robot in that motel scene)...
My problem is, none of them are usually on topic....makes me a bad listener....even though
I try to overcome it.

On the upside though, one those bad days, I am much more creative....

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This is a very intriguing concept and theoretically possible. This is right up my alley with the endless expansion of mental boundaries. I've been dabbling in hypnosis and hypnotherapy for a while now and am forever surprised with the capabilities and limitless possibilities of the human consciousness. Great post! Guard your minds! lmao...
Now where did I put my tinfoil hat? I'm getting that funny urge again...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
S&F

all too true. I took a hypnosis class before. That's basically how it works.

I am totally ripping this off someone else who wrote this on ATS today but....

in the words of neo.....

edit on 21-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

One example here to clear my point up. During hypnosis, a hypnotist might distract your conscious mind and plant a suggestion that you should "sleep" into your sub conscious mind. Your sub conscious mind, takes that suggestion and feeds it back to your conscious mind. You fall asleep because you actually perceive it as your own minds thoughts, not the hypnotists suggestion. Take this a step bigger with a society that keeps you stressed, angry and distracted etc.

Our brains are just like computers. Matter of fact I think they are
computers. TPTB know this. They've spent billions of dollars
studying us, figuring out what makes us tick. They know us better than
we know ourselves. Just check out all the available material that's been
released by the CIA through FOIA. Most Americans would be horrified.
But they (the CIA, Madison Ave, TPTB, take your pick) absolutely know
how to manipulate us with sound and images (among other things). One
of their conclusions was that people can be hypnotized without their consent.
(I will look for some links and try and post them on here later).They also point out
the ego can be erased. Everything can be erased, just like a hard drive. And be
completely reprogrammed.

I quit watching television about 3 and a half years ago. I can't stand
it. I can't stand watching Hollywood movies either. I no longer seem
to have any kind of suspended disbelief. And trust me, you need it
to watch anything from Hollywood or on television. All that I see
is programming thru lies, sex and violence now and I can only walk
away in disgust. I don't know if any of the occult theories about Hollywood
are true or not but I know I don't want that crap in my head. I don't
want my mind recording those images for later. My mind is scary
enough, I don't need to go rummaging around in the garbage can
that is Hollywood.

reply to post by XXXN3O Thanks for your attempt at explaining. Yet I still cannot quite grasp how you consider the Unconscience mind a seperate entity from ones own being. "Choices not your own" or to that effect in your explanation. For clarity, do you consider the "Unconscious Mind" and the "Sub Conscious Mind" the same by definition?

I found this short clip from Bruce Lipton. I think he can answer your question. He
gives a short and concise answer on how the conscious and subconscious mind
works.
Bruce Lipton
(can't get it to embed again, could someone
help me out with that please? Thx.)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Yes I have known about this for awhile, but I also often forget it. Programming is strong ya know?
I just noticed the other day that I was having auto reactions about news items, without thinking clearly.
My thoughts were not my own, and here I thought I was permanently awake.

It was a new wake up call.
I have to go back.

That other poster who is talking about ego death and resurrection.
I wanted to disagree with them, but maybe that was the programming again.

Upon much more thought I came to the conclusion they are right, and that is what I had done originally.
I broke out if you will.
Once I was out I encountered many problems.
It's like something could sense my non sheathed energy, and wanted me to go.. back... to... sleep... ZZZ...

I have been doing it on purpose with my drinking, but I thought I still had an objective edge. I was wrong. I seem to be even more hypnotized than when I was younger, even though I look at media with such an un-trustful eye

I have to go back.
My Alarm clock is Blarring.. beep.. beep... BEEP... Wake up Neo...

Meditation Starts Today.

And any energy that wants to stop me.. Good f ing luck.

Thanks OP.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Originally posted by InTheShadows
reply to post by XXXN3O

That's a pretty good explanation. It helps explain a lot of people I've met in my life and it also helps explain the things we do sometimes that we look back on and say "Why did I say that" or "Why did I do that".

It is a very hard thing to put into clear language if you get me.

I am glad you understood it.

To take this a bit further, in hypnosis, when a hypnotist says sleep. Your sub conscious feeds that suggestion back to your conscious mind and you fall asleep because you think its your own thoughts. This is why, on a bigger scale, our minds are far from our own when it comes to society and its bombardment of our minds.

edit on 20-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

Are you sure about this? I've been hypnotized before, or should I state that my conscious mind said, "Okay, I'll play this game and allow myself to relax."

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Dear Klassified,

There is a difference between hypnotizing someone and tricking someone. If I perform an illusion, I may convince you that something has occurred that has not; but, you remain completely aware of what your senses are observing. If I hypnotize you, it is really just you convincing yourself that your senses are misreading something. The thing is, if I hypnotize you it is with your knowledge and consent and while you may be willing go along with it for a moment, the effect cannot be sustained and you will be able to recognize that you were misled. Hypnosis is not like brain washing, that requires breaking down someone's beliefs completely and replacing them with a new set of beliefs. It takes time and force.

As for you quote regarding imagination. There are lots of things that we can imagine that we do not believe are true. There are people on this site that believe that the queen of England is a reptilian. They can believe it all they want but it doesn't make her one. When we justify our beliefs because we want to believe something, it is still a justification. People are ignorant of the world because they choose to be, not because they have been placed in another mental state. Most go along with the accepted world view because they have none of their own and wish to be accepted. It is still a choice.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Thank you for this....I've tried explaining my thoughts on this very concept so many times and it never once got through to anyone!

Good to know I'm not the only one that thinks about this sort of thing.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
2 questions, as I start typing anyway...

We don't all have hypnotism following us around, so when this happens in everyday life, if they are not your own thoughts, and there is no hypnotist around, then who's thoughts are they??

How can you avoid this? Is it just something that happens when we get distracted, so the only real way is to try to stay focused and NOT get distracted to begin with? Seems like that would be impossible in certain situations... So, any tips?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join