It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobless Claims Jump Back Up to 386,000

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Breitbart
19 Jul 2012, 5:57 AM PDT

Jobless Claims Jump Back Up to 386,000

It won't stop.

They can't get it right.

More bad news.

U.S. jobless claims jumped to 386,000 last week--more than 20,000 above expectations--casting the job market in an even worse light. Experts say the low numbers of preceding weeks were likely because of delays in summer layoffs among U.S. manufacturers.

The news comes amidst revelations that President Barack Obama has not met with his Jobs Council in six months. White House spokesman has drawn jeers for his attempt to explain Obama's absence: "The president's obviously got a lot on his plate." Everything except jobs and the economy, it would seem.

""The president's obviously got a lot on his plate.""....

How 'bout the rest of us ??

supporting article from CNBC with more data

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits increased 34,000 to a seasonally adjusted 386,000, the Labor Department said on Thursday. The prior week's figure was revised up to 352,000 from the previously reported 350,000.

Economists polled by Reuters had forecast claims rising to 365,000 last week. The four-week moving average for new claims, a better measure of labor market trends, fell 1,500 to 375,500. ....

Weekly Claims Post Rebound; Jobs Market Still in Doldrums

Jeesh !!!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
While we can sit here and blame Obama for all of this, Congress is just as responsible. Especially with the Republicans filibustering the 'Bring Jobs Back to America' bill. Everyone on of them is responsible for the state of this country.

Remove all lobbyists from Washington, apply tariffs to all goods imported to the US, fine every single company that has outsourced their jobs over seas annually.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
No surprise with the severe drought in most of the country. The lost of farm jobs will cause a ripple through the economy. You can't have a large sector of the economy hit without effecting the rest. A lost of economic activity in one sector will effect jobs in other sectors.

Sure a lot of the farm workers are illegals aka migrant workers, but they would still purchase good and services. They don't send all their money home. So, groceries, bars, department stores, gas stations and others will see a drop of income from those farm workers not needed. As well as the loss of goods and services purchased by the farmers themselves. Many who are selling their livestock at a lost to just stay afloat.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Kaploink because: meh

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

If i tell my stakeholders its my employees fault when profits and revenue fall short of expectations Who do you think my stakeholdes blame?

Bill Clinton was able to pass legislation to have a surplus instead of deficit think he got that accomplished by blaming congress?

The Commander and Chief isnt a title they give to just anybody the tite is earned by being a commander and chief. Dividing a country, by exploiting issues and power is exactly whats caused congresses unwillingness to comply. Allowing treasonous conduct from party and leaders of congress is another factor that has driven a wedge in what is Obamas presidency. The comment "we have to vote on it before we read it" is burned into i would hope all americans minds as the very concept and tactics that are promoted and not discouraged by our commander and chief.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Jobs Claims are up and the CBS/NYT poll has Obama behind with less than 4 months to go.

Romney 47%

Obama 46%

AND they stacked the poll with democrats! Obama is actually way behind.

- It must have something to do with Roanoak , VA Rant. -

- If you started your own business, you didn't do that! -

Attacking American Exceptionalism was a disaster for the Obama campaign.

- CBS / NYT Poll - Obama behind

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
While we can sit here and blame Obama for all of this, Congress is just as responsible. Especially with the Republicans filibustering the 'Bring Jobs Back to America' bill. Everyone on of them is responsible for the state of this country.

Remove all lobbyists from Washington, apply tariffs to all goods imported to the US, fine every single company that has outsourced their jobs over seas annually.

Obamas economic policies have failed.

It's time for someone new.

We need a repeat of the November 2010 election.

Obama called it a - shellacking -.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The plan above has not worked in the last 3 years much to the irritation of Obama..

Try again...

Amilya Antonetti for President maybe? Either way a good interview and she has some very good points. This interview is from a year or so ago.

edit on 19-7-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

The plan above has not worked in the last 3 years much to the irritation of Obama..

Try again...

I think Obama has hired lobbyists.

They know how Washington works.

Obama has outsourced jobs to Brazil.

Remember ???

-------
Liberal response: Oh,....um....nevermind then.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Yeah but in order to counter that he stoped enforcing immigration laws....

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Yeah but in order to counter that he stoped enforcing immigration laws....

So he could get the Mexicans to vote for him.

It's not working.

CBS/NYT poll:

Romney 47%

Obama 46%

Poll stacked with democrats. It's actually worse for Obama.

The Roanoak Rant has ended his chances for a 2nd term.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I thought Kenya was the linchpin to his re-election?

The lesson learned, and its a hard one for this President, is that the Government does NOT create jobs. The 4 million jobs he has been flaunting around have come from local / municipal / state governments hiring, not private business.

Small business is the job generator for this country and the more you stand on their necks, the quicker they die off.

Obama has had 4 years to try his experminet out, and to me its very obvious it does not work. Time to fire him and hire another.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Eurisko2012

I thought Kenya was the linchpin to his re-election?

The lesson learned, and its a hard one for this President, is that the Government does NOT create jobs. The 4 million jobs he has been flaunting around have come from local / municipal / state governments hiring, not private business.

Small business is the job generator for this country and the more you stand on their necks, the quicker they die off.

Obama has had 4 years to try his experminet out, and to me its very obvious it does not work. Time to fire him and hire another.

The CBS /NYT Poll shows that the American people agree with you.

That Roanoak Rant is in the back of everyones minds right now.

Obama and Elisabeth Warren are 2 peas in a pod.

- Always attack the private sector -

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Jobless claims jump, record numbers are now on disability, Nearly 50% of the population pay zero Federal Income tax., Retail sales have been in the dumps for about 3 months, US is using Mexico to sell the SNAP program and giving bonuses to states who increase their rolls, June job growth was pathetic at a time when the numbers should at least reflect seasonal New hires.... On and on it goes and we are expected to believe that the nation is recovering and that the Obama administration is doing a fine job.

Too bad Obama is too busy chumming up to Hollywood in his fundraisers to even hold any Jobs Council meetings in the last 6 months. The Great Obama Jobs Council is nothing more than another Obama Dog and Pony Show. The poor guy is too busy to meet.... Hard knock life for Obama.... Stump, party and campaign or do his job. 3 1/2 years of campaigning is a bit much....

edit on 19-7-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
say a quarter are recycles getting hired and fired/laid off at a lower wage. Thats still a million a month new and likely permanently laid off employees in America, without medical benefits I might add.

come on America, are you so stuffed with Estrogen via GMO food that we dont wish to fight.

Come On, where is the real "Dont Tread On Me" spirit?

oh, still buying over priced gas and cashing unemployment checks...........
ok I get it, ooooops, I mean you get it.

see the bottom line? America is the only country not raising hell right now

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
My husband has been coming home from work with stories of doom and gloom concerning the factory's orders. The factory he works for deals with aluminum products and the last couple of weeks the talk around the place is that orders are being dropped and layoffs may be coming soon.
It's pretty nerve racking as it reminds me a lot of how things were going there in 2008. There was a lot of talking then and in a short period of time, most workers were laid off and the whole plant restructured with a large number of higher paid employees cut loose. We suffered a large pay cut as well, but at least he still had a job there.
This country is far from healthy right now, but our leadership(if you can call it that) doesn't appear to be overly concerned. Our servants have become our masters.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

A fine point because the President isn't the Government -- there are three branches. But the Congress isn't solely the Republicans filibustering -- as the Senate and the Democrats are also stonewalling. Basically the last year of President Obama's administration has been a quasi-lame duck session. All of Congress -- not just the Republicans is to be blamed equally; along with the president and along with an anemically ignorant populace.

I ask you this -- as your call to "remove all lobbyists" is oft uttered; how will this be accomplished? Remove the First Amendment right to petition your Government? While the current state of lobbyist is no fan of mine, calling for complete removal would be a direct violation of the First Amendment. So I ask again -- how would you remove them without trouncing on the First Amendment?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Star and Flag !

The real unemployment numbers would scare ppl so bad it is likely best they don't post them.

41% of jobs are low income jobs.

41% are low income jobs

In 2010 only 45% of working age adults had a job.

45% of working age adults had a job in 2010

So of those 45% that had a job, 41% were low income, and that explains partly why
46.4 million adults are on food stamps.

As Sun Tsu said all war is deception, and there is class warfare around the world at
this time by the parasites and looters.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Ex_MislTech because: content

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komaratzi11
My husband has been coming home from work with stories of doom and gloom concerning the factory's orders. The factory he works for deals with aluminum products and the last couple of weeks the talk around the place is that orders are being dropped and layoffs may be coming soon.
It's pretty nerve racking as it reminds me a lot of how things were going there in 2008. There was a lot of talking then and in a short period of time, most workers were laid off and the whole plant restructured with a large number of higher paid employees cut loose. We suffered a large pay cut as well, but at least he still had a job there.
This country is far from healthy right now, but our leadership(if you can call it that) doesn't appear to be overly concerned. Our servants have become our masters.

- 4 more years of stagnation or worse ??? -

- The fiscal cliff is real. -

- We need 60 GOP Senators in the U.S. Senate and more GOP members in the

House of Representatives. Then President Mitt Romney can push through quick

reforms. We need 400,000 jobs created every month not just 80,000.

Obamas economic policies have failed. -- 1 term president --

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Yeah for the first time in my husband working life that span 30 years of been hard working productive tax payer (we never have rely on government assistance) he got the finger by the Obama budget cuts

So yes I blame Obama and his promise of change you can believe on is nothing but political crap and he is the biggest crap of all

Most of the jobs lost in the last month or so are jobs related to the military contracting the part of the system that pays the most taxes so those on the low end of the social ladder can keep getting their welfare checks.

And the irony, my husband has pay taxes all his life getting nothing in return and now no even unemployment he will get because he is a retire marine.

Obama is a hoax and his promises are only adding more Dependants on the welfare system.

America is will be bankrupted by the same people that are suppose to help as elected leaders.

They are all nothing but hoaxes.

[When the corporate dictatorship finish killing the productive working class I wonder whom they will go for after.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join