It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortality Only 20 Years Away Says Scientist

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

Being stuck in a 10,000 year old body which is packed with a 'lifetime' of knowledge and experience might be cool.. but we have so many different other things to think about.. like re-incarnation ...

We may find the ability to read our ancient lives and unlock our past.. what could the future you become?

I often thought reincarnation was just another way of using tech to be immortal. After all, 10,000 years of being you would get boring. You would learn and experience more by becoming a new person.

Downloading our thoughts and memories isn't too far away either.

edit on July 19th 2012 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

It makes me wonder if this is why TPTB are accelerating their depopulation efforts?

Because when you don't clean up the population while achieving world dominance, you get the issue of social unrest. You must find a way to eliminate those who would naturally disagree with you. It's a hand in hand issue. You can't own the world and leave it as it still is. Same as you can't discover unlimited lifespan and offer it to everybody.

Even when its finally around, which I dont believe it will be, not for many many years, I don't believe the general population will be demonstrated any of it. It will come at a high cost, with changes to the law to enable self death if the user chooses.

I thought about this matter for myself before this thread. To enable all the human body engineering, unlimited lifespan included, you have to first A) Control the planet and B) To control the planet, destroy large numbers of its population.

Picture this: You're five kids on a camping trip. One kid has a playboy with them, unknown to the others. He reveals it to his closest friend of the group, maybe for a flash on the bus. The moment all the other kids know about it, the one who's pushiest will steal it from everybody. One will tell the adults, one won't be interested in it and will accidentally tear the pages. To get from the time of bringing it in your backpack, to the time where you can all huddle around using a flashlight looking at it, requires the elimination of numerous parties. And no, you don't have empathy for those parties because they're preventing you from looking at your nudie mag. If they had just been more thoughtful, or interested in the same things you were, everybody would have been able to see it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
All seriousness though, immortality with population is begging for regulation (unless they teraform mars, which i can't see happening for a couple more centeries)...

That brings up another interesting point. Space travel.

If we can extend our lives indefinitely it would make it more likely that we could send thousands of space exploring ships into the cosmos in search of habitable planets. Again, another reason aliens probably utilize nanotechnology, longevity & space travel.

Count me IN for at least a few thousand years! :roll
EDIT: I just saw Extralien said basically the same thing in an earliest post. Right on dude! Great minds think alike!

edit on 7/19/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kapkalna

Interesting analogy with the nudie magazine. I see what you mean, however, everyone already knows this technology is developing so they can't keep it a secret when these medical advances are being published in medical journals and ending up as news headlines.

The cost of getting blood bots would have to be where they draw the line between who gets to extend their lives and who gets to be worm food.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I seriously doubt this information.

People have made claims to immortality for thousands of years; lemme know when someone manages it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

But what have they done? Theyve created a human being with three parents, through cloning.
www.lifesitenews.com...
How was that done? Through simply injecting a donor egg with the right material. Forgive me, I don't know anything about science. But it seems to me, it didnt take much. All it took is a rogue scientist who didn't blink an eye at the backlash it would cause.

Backtrack to todays science: even multiple doctors can't agree what's wrong with a patient. You shouldn't even have to shop around to finally know what the issue is. For instance, my grandma had a health problem that I solved. I was able to recognize it was because of the way she was sitting. After visits to multiple doctors, I had to solve it for her. In the meanwhile, she was prescribed who knows what. All I can remember her telling me is how she had to use water tablets and bandages.

Todays science is stuck in a medicine for cash syndrome. Which countries have the most doctors? The developed ones. Which countries need the least number of doctors? The developed ones. All the poor countries need doctors, but we have them. You know why? Money. Doctors have now been turning to plastic surgery, getting back door endorsements from drug companies, I would go so far as to say even cancer therapy is a business in itself. Cancer cannot be cured, because there would be no more doctors. The existing doctor pool would have to be greatly reduced. Actually, not in america because about a third of the population is obese. They'll always have health problems. Cancer is only the insurance for doctors to still be around. It's probably been solved a while ago, simply from the fact of how much money goes into it.

Now, you look at medical and technological advances and the nature of the media. Everybody reports a good story the moment it leaves somebodys lips, because they want to be the first to present it to the public. You know this yourself. For example, and this is just a random example, a movie based from your favourite show. You say hey yeah, I want to see that. Then a few years later, you realise it never went into production.

Show me a person who's lived for thousands of years and I'll show a bit of intrigue. Growing new limbs and injecting sperm into womens eggs might be one thing, but I dont know if humanity will ever understand the intricacies of consciousness. What are humans planning to do? Regrow brains? Regrow souls? You can only replace grandmas arms and heart until the brain fails.

This is what the scientist from the article should be discussing: wnthinktank.wordpress.com... The hidden expiry every human body has. I know, its from a white supremacist site, I just realised that looking at the title. I dont know why the hell this is linking from google. But it discusses what I heard japanese scientists had found earlier, about the body having a hardwired life cap. Cells have a programmed death after so many replications.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by Oracle202
I have a feeling that before we are able to become "immortal" something big would have to happen. Its an unnatural thing. Dieing is a part of the circle of life, and you cant cheat death.

Something big? You mean like thousands of years of medical advancements coming to a head? Sounds about right to me.

And to say "you can't cheat death" seems pretty shortsighted, like telling the Wright brother they'll never fly. Or telling Neil Armstrong he'll never walk on the moon - or at least bounce around in front of cameras in a studio

Shortsighted? Maybe for your thoughts it is but I happen to agree that its a natural process.

I believe...... You believe...... He believes..... We never agree totally. This is just the way people are, they ( we ) are all different so naturally some will believe we can achieve immortality and some do not.

In twenty years it is my belief we will be lucky ...to not go extinct.

If our Earth continues to weaken its protective shield then we could be blasted by the Sun within twenty years or any other harmful particles that come into play from space.

I just do not think its meant for us to live long enough to achieve such things. Im not saying Im right, just what I believe.

The Universe has laws and we are governed by them.

If you believe what history teaches us you will believe there have been extinction periods ( I think 4?) and we are possibly coming into an ice age as signs clearly show this.

Everything has cycles..... Even stars die and I bet ya ... If you spoke with an alien from outer space they will tell you.... Everything dies and then transforms.

The roswell incident, if true tells a story thats smiliar. They captured some aliens... And some died.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Hey man that is exactly the same conclusion I came up with recently.
Only thing that makes sense in my opinion.
The technology will be conveniently too expensive for the masses.
The masses will die off while the filthy rich live forever.

Grim.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

...so in say 500yrs the earth will look like china (no offence) it's already too crowded, I mean 7 billion people I am definitly sure the earth cant even support the current nr. of peeps, let alone double that. Can you say ''Hi fellow immortals, bye earth.'' or are we gonna move to a new planet and overpopulate that too? We need death to continue living, does no-one get that!!! Humans are way too destructive to live forever.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

...so in say 500yrs the earth will look like china (no offence) it's already too crowded, I mean 7 billion people I am definitly sure the earth cant even support the current nr. of peeps, let alone double that. Can you say ''Hi fellow immortals, bye earth.'' or are we gonna move to a new planet and overpopulate that too? We need death to continue living, does no-one get that!!! Humans are way too destructive to live forever.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by joeraynor

Some people say we burn brightest because we burn for only a short time.
It might be hackneyed to use fiction as an example but in Highlander the series an immortal made the piano protege of their day immortal(she was immortal just needed to be killed once).
His argument was what if Mozart lived forever.
The answer she lost all ability to play or be inspired knowing she was going to live forever.
It wasn't until she nearly lost her head that she began to play a little bit like her old self.
She even had to swear off taking up the sword so the threat of losing her head at any moment could drive her on.

So who knows maybe if we live for 5000 years we will actually stop taking risks and stop being inspired.
There would be no work that we could devote our entire lives to because eventually the work will finish and we will still be alive.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I dunno about the whole 'living forever' thing.....If you were able to stop aging and (hopefully as well) cure all disease, then you're not really going to have eternal life....All you're really guaranteeing is a horrifyingly violent death...Which given enough time will indeed happen! You take out all of the natural ways, and an 'unnatural' death in a violent way is all you got left! Live 3 or 4 hundred years...and eventually you're going to find yourself in a horrible car crash, or worse chained up in the basement of some freaky serial killer!

Passing away in my sleep from old age sounds more and more pleasant compared to the other options!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
is this guy sniffing hydrochloric acid.

50 million americans don't even have healthcare.

would you really like to see dick cheney running for his 300th term in office.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead
We're getting close to immortality. Growing replacement organs with our own personal cells and reversing ageing. It makes me wonder if this is why TPTB are accelerating their depopulation efforts?

Depopulation events Well they are failing miserably aren't they! why do folks keep going on about TPTB depopulation when the human race since WWII has not decreased by one single soul !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TPTB depopulation is a desperate myth invented by conpsiracists to try and explain why a conspiracy is occurring in the first place e.g. chemtrails (which would depopulate the sprayers by the way DUH)

Words fail me, they really do, deny ignorance its says on ATS and yet ignorance seems be flowing faster than Niagra at the falls!

We have genuine issues in this world:

> Bankers having politicians in their pockets.
> Billions of taxpayers money being wasted propping up failed systems (and the money flowing to already obscenely rich people)
> People going hungry in the western world, the US for christs sake one of the wealthiest nations on the planet. It's an obscene immoral situation.
> Religious nutters playing the pathetic victim to get PC folks to blindly support them.

These used to be discussed on ATS, but very rarely these days. Shame and shame on all you folks obsessed with unprovable nonsensical stuff with myriad genuine issues we have.

Rant over.......(I've read so many stupid threads today it got annoying, god help us as we approach dec 21)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think a lot of this will be possible eventually, but not on the timescales discussed. Its probably at least an order or magnitude out (maybe more).

True immortality will mean transference of consciousness from one medium to another. If you cant preserve the essence of the person from one body to another (biological or artificial) then you cant be immortal. You cant replace the brain like you can with everything else.

How the brain does what it does is still too much a mystery.

Even if you can, are you immortal or have you created a new life-form that thinks its you?

Its a bit like the star trek transporter, from one perspective they all die every time they use it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
definitely something to look forward to! i'd like some insight into how the organ regeneration works, that sounds like the most interesting part to me.

come on guys! all we gotta do is survive WW III and the zombie apocalypse to get to immortality!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thread is from the gray area forum, but its a member talking about meetung Nixons nephew, and how that island grows lilacs and they have no deseases there.. Supposedly a KSO group that owns this island?!?
Havent read the whole thing, but if anyones interested, check it out!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

They just released genetically modified mosquitoes in Florida and opened a genetically modified mosquito farm in Brazil. Their past efforts may not have worked but with Fukushima radiation and other efforts starting to unfold, it's possible our population will decline significantly over the next 20yrs.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
And for people saying it would suck to live an extended life, there's nothing that says you couldn't get a new blood transfusion removing the blood bots and allowing you to age and eventually die a natural death. It would be Your choice when you've had enough and choose to pass on.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
People need to stop screwing with Mother Nature. Dying is a natural process and a part of life. Hamanity can't even carry itself almost as of now, what makes you think life will be any better once people become immortal?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join