It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and ufos

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
No offence to anyone this is my view only...

Why do christians even consider the idea of ufos and aliens when the idea simply completely contradicts EVERYTHING they're taught?

I guess its like everything that questions their "faith"
Satan did it.....

That doesnt make any sense..... Not all jews dont eat pork..... Everybody thinks different

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Not all Jews don't eat pork... A double negative that actually works.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I just think its funny that people twist things to suit theirselves but would still say their christian? Surely god would say you either believe it all or nothing at all

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Who cares...you have your make believe aliens...they have their make believe gods.

You both can't prove either one exists...so whats the problem.

I may believe there is life out there but I do not believe there is anything to them coming here.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Probably strange to reply to this, being an atheist myself, but it doesn't seem a problem at all.

If a god exists, then if that god has created life elsewhere in the universe than just here, then it certainly makes it even greater to me. It makes it more powerful, more omnipotent in a way, doesn't it?

But, to be honest, what if that "god", or those gods, was or were actually alien beings who seeded earth with life? In a way, they'd be our god, no? Our creators?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

Yeah exactly and the idea fascinates me, but the idea of it being the all knowing, all loving christian god just doesnt seem like a possibility
Perhaps because, judging by how hes described in the bible, he wasnt all loving or especially all knowing
edit on 18-7-2012 by Wongbeedman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

You mean there MAY be ufos in the bible.

No, I think he means there are actual flying metal craft recorded in the Bible.

Flying Vehicles and Advanced Technology in the Bible

Spacecraft and Extraterrestrials in the Bible and History

God may be an ET?
Jehovah: Ancient Astronaut from the Pleiades?

ETs in the Quran
ALIENS IN THE QURAN

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

None of it refers specifically to these craft you speak of they easily could have been talking about flying cloud monsters that jesus flew around on

“What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Honestly i do want to believe your right, its just i dont trust religious scriptures especially when it comes to proving something as big as this. I do think its a serious possibility that weve been visited in the past and there are things throughout history that can be easily explained that way. I probably hate religion too much tbf i loved that 20 reasons to abandon christianity page you linked me too thanks for that!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

This is the best response I've heard:

Just because (and I speak for myself) I could be Christian or Catholic should mean that I should just listen to somebody else explanation of what happened in what seems to be the origin of our race OR am I entitled to do my personal search on the subject?

For the Church (both Christian and/or Catholic) it seems that we are all NOT entitled to read this book. Let's not forget that until not long ago (historically), who was caught with a Bible was sentenced to death. What does "believe the Bible" means in your term? Because if you really BUT really and truly believe (and would like to live by it) the Bible, I don't quite think you could ever qualify as "Christian". I mean in the Bible, one example for all, in not just condoned but also approved and given tips on slavery and how to keep slaves properly (or have sex with slaves...). Being a Christian, on the other hand would something else... But what really the Bible is?

Definitely a historical document that has "somehow" through manipulations, translations, reached our days that tells us about the "pact" between a group of beings who formed human race (the elohim) and that provided their counterparts rules and regulations transforming them from a group of nomadic tribes into a people. If you mean, by using the term "believe", that those events have really happened, my reply is a resounded "YES". Although, and there the work of translators from the Hebrew like Mauro Biglino come handy, we need to understand that linguistically and technologically those ancient cultures might not had the proper terminology to describe what they saw and they used words they were familiar with to describe what they saw. And if we choose to prove what we read and have the courage to confront it with what other cultures throughout the world also wrote about, we will find many similarities. For example, the Mahabharata and the Sumerian texts...

From this post

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
I guess Christians adopt the theory because when taking the UFO phenomena as a whole, it's the most cohesive fit out there.

In Passport to Magonia Dr. Jacques Valle demonstrated quite clearly that whatever it is, it's been with us since recorded history. The link will take you to a PDF of the entire book, btw. Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't read it.

An article from Fortean Times by Dr. David Clarke titled Flying Saucers from Hell gives a balanced view of some of the issues/reasons and tells the story of some of Britain's finest ufologists--including Lord Hill-Norton & Gordon Creighton--who started out secularists and of the ETH persuasion but finally came to conclude the phenomenon was indeed demonic in origin.

Some also find Enoch & the Nephilim relevant.

And then there's the following:

"But the UFO phenomenon simply does not behave like extraterrestrial visitors. It actually molds itself in order to fit a given culture."
- John Ankerberg, The Facts on UFOs and Other Supernatural Phenomena, p. 10

"Human beings are under the control of a strange force that bends them in absurd ways, forcing them to play a role in a bizarre game of deception." 
- Dr. Jacques Vallee, Messengers of Deception, p. 20

"We are dealing with a multidimensional paraphysical phenomenon which is largely indigenous to planet earth." 
- Brad Steiger, [cited in] Blue Book Files Released in Canadian UFO Report, Vol. 4, No. 4, 1977, p. 20

"We are part of a symbiotic relationship with something which disguises itself as an extra-terrestrial invasion so as not to alarm us." 
-Terrence McKenna [from a lecture]

"One theory which can no longer be taken very seriously is that UFOs are interstellar spaceships." 
- Arthur C. Clarke, New York Times Book Review, 07/27/75

"There seems to be no evidence yet that any of these craft or beings originate from outer space." 
-Gordon Creighton, Official 1992 Flying Saucer Review Policy Statement

"A large part of the available UFO literature is closely linked with mysticism and the metaphysical. It deals with subjects like mental telepathy, automatic writing and invisible entities as well as phenomena like poltergeist [ghost] manifestation and 'possession.' Many of the UFO reports now being published in the popular press recount alleged incidents that are strikingly similar to demonic possession and psychic phenomena." 
- Lynn E. Catoe, UFOs and Related Subjects: USGPO, 1969; prepared under AFOSR Project Order 67-0002 and 68-0003
"
UFO behaviour is more akin to magic than to physics as we know it... the modern UFOnauts and the demons of past days are probably identical." 
-Dr. Pierre Guerin, FSR Vol. 25, No. 1, p. 13-14

"The UFO manifestations seem to be, by and large, merely minor variations of the age-old demonological phenomenon..." 
- John A. Keel, UFOs: Operation Trojan Horse, p. 299

"A working knowledge of occult science...is indispensable to UFO investigation." 
-Trevor James, FSR Vol. 8, No. 1, p.10

www.mt.net...

Many more interesting quotes from an eclectic group of folk in the link above. Since you're interested in trying to understand, OP, I'll leave a couple more links that make fascinating reading below.

Demons in Aliens Clothing

Ritual Magic, Mind Control and the UFO Phenomenon

I'm kind of ify on this issue but I have to go with my gut. I mean with GUT ! And that Jacques guy. Whatever !

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Awwww, randyvs, you said, 'My gut." You're my dawg, too. I wish there was a "Bashful" emoticon.

Oh wait...mebbe I misread that...sheesh...I'm so embarrassed.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'd say the ufo phenomina fits perfectly in with science and creationism.
Thats assuming religious texts are all metaphorical, if theres any truth to these texts the phenomina can also explain them pretty nicely.
Completely destroying the need to believe in christ and god
IMO

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Well of course you do. Now if you could spell we could have a debate.
edit on 19-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What does spelling have to do with this

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Theres little point debating with christians anyway they never listen

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by randyvs

Theres little point debating with christians anyway they never listen

Oh alright I'll listen. What wonderful earth shattering bits of flavor do you have to bring to the table ? I'm all ears young man. Let's see if you can do this with out being offensive ?
edit on 19-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
God is real and loves us through the channels of the heart mind and spirit. He set forth rules, like your parents have rules for living with them when your young so you don't get into trouble. If God did create everything that means we belong to him. And all he asks for in return is love and obedience, man created worship.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

"I'd say the ufo phenomina fits perfectly in with science and creationism."
I actually meant to say evolution not creationism. Your christian, how can i say anything that questions your faith (i'd call it hope) when your so dead set your right? If you want to discuss the matter coming from a completely neutral viewpoint then be my guest but its impossible with you people.
If i could lay out all the possibilities on a table and knock off each one starting with the least likely, then the basic views expressed in the bible would be one of the first to go.
That doesnt mean theres no chance we were intelligently designed just if we were the bible simply cannot be an accurate description.
Yes i am a young man i hope this hasnt offended you

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The real issue is that all major religions are based on texts that have vastly changed and were edited, mistranslated and then re-distributed over several thousand years....BY HUMANS. Satan was not even introduced until the latter stages of the Judeo-Christian religions. It evolved from simple "evil" into an actual character that represented all evil. Of that, there is plenty of verifiable evidence.

So, you say? Well, first, there are FACTS. Quoting texts from the bible as proof then is completely NULL/Void, as the actual content was changed over the millenia. That means any assumptions based on these religious stories and tales, are flawed, unsubstantiated and based on the mistranslations, modified texts and recycled oral traditions that have no basis in reality. In other words, the Disney Channel can start airing a TV show about how Mickey Mouse created everything and aliens live under a secret base under Cinderella's Castle...and it would have about the same amount of fact/validity.

I'm open to any theory that can actually hold some water under intense scrutiny and comes with evidence that can be verified or tested.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: Edited stuffs

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join