It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen of Sheba

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Humble apologies
4give me

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Bath-Sheba

[Daughter of plenty; possibly, Daughter [Born on] the Seventh Day]]. Daughter of Eliam; possibly a granddaughter of Ahithophel. First wife of Uriah the Hittite, one of David's mighty men; later married to David after being involved in one of the blackest episodes of David's life.

Beer-Sheba

[Well of the Oath; or Well of Seven]. The place of a well and, later, of a city in southern Judah. It lies about midway between the Mediterranean Coast and the southern end of the Dead Sea, about 45 km SW of Hebron, and about the same distance SE of Gaza. Some of the Philistines siezed a well in this area by violence, seemingliny unknown to Abimelech the king of Gerar. He and Phicol the chief of his army approached Abraham to propose a covenant of peace. When Abraham severely criticized Abimelech for his servants' act of violence in seizing the well, Abimelech avowed his ignorance, concluded a covenant with Abraham, and accepted seven female lambs from him in evidence of Abraham's title to the well. "That is why Abraham called that place Beer-sheba, because there both of them had taken an oath."

Sheba

Genesis 10:7
And the sons of Cush were Seba and Havilah and Sabtah and Raamah and Sabteca. And the sons of Raamah were Sheba and Dedan.

Genesis 25:1-3, 6
"Furthermore, Abraham again took a wife, and her name was Keturah. In time she bore him Zimran and Jokshan and Medan and Midian and Ishbak and Shuah. And Jokshan became father to Sheba and Dedan.
...,but to the sons of the concubines that Abraham had Abraham gave gifts. Then he sent them away from Isaac his son, while he was still alive, eastward, to the land of the East."
So it seems that this Sheba settled somewhere in Arabia.

Queen of Sheba

This queen, unnamed in the Bible, went to Jerusalem with a very impressive train, camels carrying balsam oil and very much gold and precious stones. The mode of her travel and the type of gifts she brought indicate that she was from the kingdom of Sheba in SW Arabia. This is also indicated by Jesus' comment that she was "the queen of the south" and that she "came from the ends of the earth."
Luke 11:31
"The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here."

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the research LostinSpace. My work schedule is basically "overtime all the time"- I tend to be pretty lazy about spending my free time in the bible concordance unless I feel very strongly about the subject.

I notice in your quote from Genesis 10 that Sheba was of the sons of Cush. This bears out my earlier statement that there was a relationship between an Ethiopian and Yemeni Sheba, although it would make Sheba from Yemen.
I note that (I think in Kings) the Queen of Sheba returns right after the Ships of Tarshish come back from Ophir, bearing ivory, peacocks, and other goods which could only have come from India or Africa. This suggests that she learned of Solomon as a result of the ships visiting Ophir- which either makes her from Ophir (probably Ethiopia) or a Yemeni who had connections to Ethiopia.

again thanks for contributing facts to go with my vague memories.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I think you are pulling my leg, and are full of poop!

Post a pic of this jewery and show me how powerful you look ok. good peace out

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Sorry about my former post .dont know what happened.Its late im, tired

top topics

<< 1   >>

join