It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen of Sheba

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Queen of Sheba.

The fantastical history of Sheba of Yemen.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The rules, as you might notice at the top of the page when you are writing a post, encourage members to comment on and discuss links or stories they post.
You might find that you get more responses and enjoy ATS more if you start a discussion over whatever it is you choose to bring to people's attention.
Just a little hint from your friendly neighborhood vagabond.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hi ARYAPUTHRA ----No arya --- the queen of Shebah never existed.

Look again in your Bible -( kings 1 : 10 ) it's added story, Sorry.

regards chapo

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapo

regards chapo

Do you have any proof of this? How do you know the story was added?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

Originally posted by chapo

regards chapo

Do you have any proof of this? How do you know the story was added?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Mpeake. Hi again --- I like that logic --me I have outher one

I say the Queen of Shebah --- never existed , (not King James bible )

Do you know wha is Gematria ???

regards chapo : bonjours from Paris

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Gematria - "A system by which hidden truths and meanings are discovered within words. Each letter of an alphabet corresponds to a number. Numerical values of words are totaled up and then these words are said to correspond with other words sharing the same numerical value."

Is this supposed to be something like "the bible code"?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
As I understand the Queen of Sheba was called Makeda or Saba and lived in Ethiopia not Yemen - "Aksum became the ancient city of Ethiopian civilisation and a powerful kingdom. The Axumites were renowned for their fine architecture, crafts and skills, in particular as masons and metal workers, which they retain to this day. Greek traders knew Aksum as centre of an empire, which had trade links with India, Arabia, Rome, Egypt, Persia and Greece. Today, Aksum abounds in archaeological remains and great granite stone curved obelisks known as Stelae. The Stelae are royal tombs or memorials"

216.239.41.104...:Ez9L4OASFrgJ:www.ethiopiafamine.com/christian.html++Makeda+or+Saba+and+lived+in+Ethiopia&hl=en

This is specially for Twitchy who feels compelled to pick on me since the Dems lost the election. Hell hath no fury....
Guess he ran out of Rense Laura Bush stories to post.

[edit on 6-11-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Gematria - "A system by which hidden truths and meanings are discovered within words. Each letter of an alphabet corresponds to a number. Numerical values of words are totaled up and then these words are said to correspond with other words sharing the same numerical value."

Is this supposed to be something like "the bible code"?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes man, say me , you don' t have a jews friends around you ??

I am not a J. but I know , a lot of J. story--- (are you from USA ??? )

You are a funy one (not bad ) I respect your knowleadge ,but about

the Bible , Stop Please now is 00,06 h and Iwill sleep , domains

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I think what chapo is trying to say is that similar to parables the story was created in order to instill some form of teaching. And perhaps in some form the letters contained in the name SHEBA have another meaning, but in order to fully understand what it is, you have to look at the original text (language) in which the story was told in.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by IKnowNothing]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
isnt the ark of the covenant have rumored to lair there? Also I believe isnt there a extreme radical group of Jewish Ethiopians supposedly dwelling there? Anyone have anymore info on that?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
As I understand the Queen of Sheba was called Makeda or Saba and lived in Ethiopia not Yemen - Aksum became the ancient city of Ethiopian civilisation and a powerful kingdom. The Axumites were renowned for their fine architecture, crafts and skills, in particular as masons and metal workers, which they retain to this day. Greek traders knew Aksum as centre of an empire, which had trade links with India, Arabia, Rome, Egypt, Persia and Greece. Today, Aksum abounds in archaeological remains and great granite stone curved obelisks known as Stelae. The Stelae are royal tombs or memorials

I am afraid I don't have time to dig up a source, however the queen of Sheba is not actually from Sheba necessarily. When you read the story in context, she comes back right after the ships of Tarshish come back from Ophir, which was likely in Ethiopia. If you read up on Ophir enough you will hear it suggested that Ophir was an Ethiopian power with colonies in Yemen (or vice versa... i forget).

Since Sheba may not be the name of the nation, we are left to the explanation that Sheba was a name or a word of other significance, perhaps with a hidden meaning as has been previously suggested.

It does strike me that Sheba (perhaps spelled differently) does have a Hebrew meaning. Wasn't there a well in the book of genesis called Beer Sheba? Somebody refresh my memory on that word.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by navajoprophet
isnt the ark of the covenant have rumored to lair there? Also I believe isnt there a extreme radical group of Jewish Ethiopians supposedly dwelling there? Anyone have anymore info on that?

Not jewish, but orthodox christians. Some people say it's in St. Mary of Zion Church in Aksum -- a holy city 623 km. north of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia's capital.

Ethiopia has its own ancient calendar. According to the beliefs of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, God created the world 5500 years before the birth of Christ. According to the Ethiopic calendar, it is 1994 years since Jesus was born. Based on this timeline, we are in the year 7494 of the eighth millennium. These are referred to (Amete Alem in Amharic) or "the years of the world".

I'm proud to say I was born there. Great people the ethiopians.

As I understand the Queen of Sheba was called Makeda or Saba and lived in Ethiopia not Yemen - Aksum became the ancient city of Ethiopian civilisation and a powerful kingdom. The Axumites were renowned for their fine architecture, crafts and skills, in particular as masons and metal workers, which they retain to this day. Greek traders knew Aksum as centre of an empire, which had trade links with India, Arabia, Rome, Egypt, Persia and Greece. Today, Aksum abounds in archaeological remains and great granite stone curved obelisks known as Stelae. The Stelae are royal tombs or memorials

Excavation in Yemen, from Ministry of Yemen website

Queen of Sheba continued, since the last three thousand years, creating a mystery whereby archeologists are seriously exerting their utmost efforts of search and excavations under the sands of the desert in Mareb. The discovered text-records of ancient "Ashooris" of Babel; existing during nearly the same era of Queen of Sheba; asserted to the historians an indication of one or more queens that played their roles within the north Sector of the Arabian Peninsula. Queen of Sheba, if happened to be one of those queens, was said to exist during the eight century B.C.

All the three followers of God's religions-Jews, Christians and Muslims-talk about Queen of Sheba. She had the name "Sheba Queen" in the Jews' Book" Al-Thowrat", while in the Bible, she was referred "The Queen of the Day". For the Muslims, She is "Bilqis", while in the history records of the Ethiopians and Eriterians, the name placed was "Makida", Recently, the Big Exhibition in Paris showing "Ancient-Yemen Treasures" carried her name with the title reference "Yemen... the land of Queen Sheba".

Most historian agree on the fact that there was in the old past "Sheba Kingdom" that existed in the south of Arabia.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by aryaputhra]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yes mpeake , that is (gematria ) what you see from the icegerg 1/8 ,

the rest you don't see , under watter. Very hard question.

regards chapo

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The African nation that has the strongest claim is Ethiopia. Their holy book, the Kebra Negast, or the book of the glory of Kings of Ethiopia, tells the storey from Adam onwards and records in detail how their kings are direct decendants of King Solomon, through Makeda, The Queen of Ethiopia, whom they identify as the Queen of Sheba. The Ethiopians believe their ancient city of aksum, was the home of their Queen and that she is burried their under one of the many obelisks that dotted the city. Acording to folklore the city of aksum had several locations in the region before its final site, one of which was called Aseba

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   

If you are going to cut and past at least change the wording a little...

www.google.com...
www.google.com...
Gotta love google.

[edit on 6-11-2004 by twitchy]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I didnt see any mention of Aseba or the Kebra Negast both of which are pivotal to the Theory
I didnt C&P
Dont Skim Read

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I wasn't talking about you I was talking about Mynaeris and her cut and paste violation of TOS from earlier in the post. I did read the thread, and was quoting Mynaeris.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
You guys are messing with my head!

I was the Queen of Sheeba in a previous life! Now some of you are saying I didn't exist.

I know I existed because 2 psychics told me so. Not to mention the fact that I have some jewelry from King Solomons mine and it always makes me feel powerful when I wear it.

Jemison

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join