It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INDYMEDIA UK SERVERS SIEZED BY FBI!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord[/i
How did a US-based law-enforcement agency sieze computers in the UK?

Not that hard. If needed, the CIA assists the FBI and SS in search warrants all around the world.
Don't ask me if it's legal but that way it works. Happened to begin about 1 1/2 year before, quite a wave of similar incidents followed.
On another chance it could just be a normal Mlat.

[edit on 10-10-2004 by shoo]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Why are people making statements that they know why this was done, when Indymedia stands firm that they have yet to be informed of why this has happened?

indymedia.org...

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Why are people making statements that they know why this was done, when Indymedia stands firm that they have yet to be informed of why this has happened?

indymedia.org...

It was a fast developing thread and I opened the reply button and forget about it for the half of the day. This happens for me several times and probably for other people as well.
Not everybody has as much time as you(which is no offense, I truly appreciate the work) and so things get overlooked easily.

Though, lucky me I was quite right with my Mlat guess.

[edit on 11-10-2004 by shoo]

[edit on 11-10-2004 by shoo]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I hope they take the dutch server down too.
it is discriminating the dutch people and its
really a left winged radical site which I don't like
for a kind. there are people on them which are
saying that 9/11 was a good thing and othter radical
thing well that is really nasty kind of ....
that was when I saw there forum and read some of
the articles.

[edit on 11-10-2004 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

indymedia.org...

Because myself, and possibly others, have information from people involved in the ordeal. What a group publicly says, and what they actually know are often different things, even for indymedia.

Every company I've ever worked for has mutilated the truth to either protect itself or make itself look better. Thats how the world works.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest

Because myself, and possibly others, have information from people involved in the ordeal. What a group publicly says, and what they actually know are often different things, even for indymedia.

Every company I've ever worked for has mutilated the truth to either protect itself or make itself look better. Thats how the world works.

Yeah, but the problem I have with this is that you have at least once, and possibly twice, made statements that you had knowledge or such and were doing nothing but jerking around members. I hope you can see my trepidation.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Yeah, but the problem I have with this is that you have at least once, and possibly twice, made statements that you had knowledge or such and were doing nothing but jerking around members. I hope you can see my trepidation.

I wasn't jerking around anyone. I was offering up the information I had, but not any proof because I don't want to violate any laws or become truely involved in the situation.

If people don't want my input, then i'll stop giving it. This is the same reason i don't give information regarding a few other topics... I try to balance my hinting with violation of any non-disclosures.

In the future I'll only post things I can/will be 100% open about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join