It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Weather: Get Ready to See More of it, Scientists say

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Really?... what do you think causes the 4 seasons?... You think it has nothing to do with the Sun?...

BTW...

The four seasons are due to the tilted axis of the Earth. The sun pretty much does the same thing the whole time.

Painfully annoying video to explain it for you www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

In case you didn't know this has happened MANY times before. Still with all the temperatures records we have been having, we are NOWHERE close to how hot it was during the Medieval Warm Period, a time when atmospheric CO2 was at around 280 -290 ppm compared to today's 380 -390ppm...

Luckily during that time the plague came and wiped out most of us. Hopefully another deadly bug will breed in the heat and save us from our destructive existence once again.

Bars and taverns were big during that time I heard. Most people thought they were dead anyways so figured they should just enjoy the moments they had left.

That's a world I can live in!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

In case you didn't know this has happened MANY times before. Still with all the temperatures records we have been having, we are NOWHERE close to how hot it was during the Medieval Warm Period, a time when atmospheric CO2 was at around 280 -290 ppm compared to today's 380 -390ppm...

Luckily during that time the plague came and wiped out most of us. Hopefully another deadly bug will breed in the heat and save us from our destructive existence once again.

Bars and taverns were big during that time I heard. Most people thought they were dead anyways so figured they should just enjoy the moments they had left.

That's a world I can live in!

No, the plague came with the onset of the Little Ice Age, not the Medieval Warm Period.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

Yes well, I was being a tad sarcastic but you get the point:

The researchers surmise that as more rain is added to the already wet regions of Southern China, the resulting floods reduce rodent populations harboring fleas, cutting off the plague's path to human infection. But there is a lot still unknown.

news.discovery.com...

I see where you are coming from though

earthsciencesus.blogspot.ca...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join